I just upgraded to .103 from .99 and noticed my browser is missing. Any suggestions on how to fix it? Thanks any help is apreicated
    i believe i did this.........

options/advanced options/host routing table/BB button/register now.

let me know if that doesn't help.
    02-17-09 01:46 AM
    I resent the service books and did a battery pull. the browser icon is missing and no icons such as espn open the internet. I did receive an error message upon the completion of installing .103 stating a invalid format although the only missing parts is the browser.
    02-17-09 03:46 AM
    This is my first post....I upgraded to 4.7.0.103 when it first leaked and I have upgrade to almost all of the leaked versions. This one seemed to be the best for me. Did not seem to be too much difference from .99....I have noticed one problem recently when charging my phone at night. I noticed that it appears to be charging but in the am when I go to work my phone is not charged, like I didn't even have it plugged in. I did a batt pull and it corrected it, or so I thought as it just happened again last night. Anyone else have this issue???
    02-17-09 07:19 AM
    First post on this forum. It's been great reading and learning.

Upgraded to 103 from 76 (Telus official I believe) and here are my findings:

• No real issues/problems EXCEPT for auto-dimming of the screen backlight - even though the option is turned off, it still does it in the browser and other places
    • Definitely a snappier overall navigation experience, scrolling appears faster, browser is faster
    • No lockups, resets or anything of that nature
    • No longer get a charge indicator (the bolt across the battery meter) when charging through USB but the battery IS still charging
    • Had to delete and re-add all email accounts (BIS) to get new message indicator (red star) back on the Messages folder icon of the home screen
    • Typing appears about the same to me, but I'm not really a serious typer on this thing

Overall it's been a definite improvement over the stock Telus OS version with no detrimental issues.

If anyone knows what the auto-dimming issue may be please let me know as it gets a little annoying when reading longer web pages etc. (I do have it turned off in the settings but it's still doing it).
    02-17-09 07:41 AM
    I fastidiously followed the how-to tutorial to get this new version on my BB Storm. Boy, was I scared to do it! However, I felt it necessary because it began to clock more and more. OK...enough of my install...

Here's my observations (randomly):
    1) Horz/Vert orientation is quicker
    2) Vert full keyboard (has all the keys of the horz keyboard) is a welcome addition
    3) Transparent camera info bar/shooter button is nice as we can now see the whole picture
    4) Restore of previous apps during installation did not work, but manually it worked
    5) After install, I pulled battery and reinserted as others suggested...just in case
    6) Needed to enter some passwords again...no biggie
    7) Slacker starts up way quicker, shuts down 1000x faster, too! But Pause doesn't work!
    8) Browser loads approximately the same
    9) Screen text seems just at readable as before.

I'm glad I put this on my phone. Next, I'll have to do the wifey's phone, too.
    Last edited by tab13; 02-17-09 at 09:41 AM.
    02-17-09 08:29 AM
    I just noticed all of my ringtones over 15 seconds do not show up in my ringtones now...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 09:29 AM
    Hey guys,

This is my first post. The Storm is my first Blackberry, and actually my first smartphone ever. I got it a few weeks ago and liked it, but as soon as I got home, I found .90 and upgraded. It was striaight, but .99 was as lot better when that came out. I was expecting another good upgrade, but for some reason, .103 is not very good to me. The accelerometer is slow, and it freezes a lot. I've had to do 4 battery pulls for no reason. The phone froze on me while it was just chilling charging. I'm probably gonna go back to .99 unless I read the threads about .106 and hear it's good.
    02-17-09 10:18 AM
    .103 is working fine-except none of my SMS texts are not going thru.........what do i do????????? HELP the Newbee. lol
    02-17-09 10:18 AM
    This is my first post....I upgraded to 4.7.0.103 when it first leaked and I have upgrade to almost all of the leaked versions. This one seemed to be the best for me. Did not seem to be too much difference from .99....I have noticed one problem recently when charging my phone at night. I noticed that it appears to be charging but in the am when I go to work my phone is not charged, like I didn't even have it plugged in. I did a batt pull and it corrected it, or so I thought as it just happened again last night. Anyone else have this issue???
    This was a random thing that happened to me once running .99. It hasnt happened since. Another person experienced the same thing.

It was wierd. I got the lightening bolt and assumed it was charging. It was not. I plugged it in the next AM and charged fine. One of those freak things I guess.
    02-17-09 10:28 AM
    Is the manual standby feature available?
    02-17-09 10:35 AM
    The enter button (while on a website) is now a green "go" button. With older versions, if you click the menu button, and go to options, and make a change (ie: 2 rows of icons to 3), and click the menu button again and select save, I was not able to get back into the options menu from the menu button without having to pop the battery. I could, however, make a change in the options, and click the back button and save, and it would allow me back into options. With this new version, I can make changes and save either way, and still be able to get back into the menu options without having to pop the battery. HooRay!!
    02-17-09 10:40 AM
    Just incase anyone else is having trouble getting megaupload to work (it seems that the entire site is down, atleast for me) here is a link to a torrent for both the 9530 and 9500 latest 4.7.103 and 4.7.106

�Torrent Search
    02-17-09 10:56 AM
    Also Slingplayer work much better and less laggier then on .099 firmware.
    02-17-09 11:01 AM
    I want to upgrade but the download link is broken. Does anyone have another link. Thanks.
    02-17-09 11:25 AM
    Well, Knock on wood...I just upgraded, it was SEAMLESS. Obviously my first post so hello everyone. I will post more if I find any issues. Every app I had returned without flaw, no browser issues, not even a battery pull yet. Thanks to all the guides that were posted that helped tremendously!
    02-17-09 11:37 AM
    I want to upgrade but the download link is broken. Does anyone have another link. Thanks.
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

It was on the first page of this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ma...y-fast-161175/
    02-17-09 11:41 AM
    Shows that the link is broken. And it is working for you ?
    02-17-09 11:49 AM
    does anyone have a mirrir download for some reason my computer wont go to megaupload what a pain in the a**
    02-17-09 11:52 AM
    Yea this happened to me this morning. Last night i put my phone on the charger before i went to sleep and it showed a lightning bolt, but when i woke up the chrarge was still the same and this was after 8 hours of being on the charger. I did a battery pull, but i haven't tested it again to see if it changed.
    02-17-09 01:07 PM
    Just started having issues with mms and sms text. Can't forward pics.
    02-17-09 01:14 PM
    I moved from .75 to .103 and the Storm works better in every way. The accelerometer is faster than the 3G iPhone, and the overall use in every application is snappier. This is definitely a good build. I have 0 battery drain issues as well.
    02-17-09 02:11 PM
    I was dissapointed today in a meeting when I went to put the phone on vibrate only it didn't work. In .75, when the phone was locked, I could hold down the mute button for a couple seconds and it would switch to vibrate only. It was very handy. Doesnt seem to work in .103
    02-17-09 02:15 PM
    I installed .103 two days ago. I noticed the first day my battery was draining faster than usual. I chalked it up and didn't think too much of it. The next day (yesterday), my phone died 3 hrs after having a full charge. WTF....So I went to my VZW experience store just to see if it I get a new battery figuring that was the problem. However when they put it on the charger for like 20mins. It would power up all the way...So, I got a Brand New Storm

All in all I think .103 does have a battery conflict issue from my experience and from what others have said....
    02-17-09 02:22 PM
    guy i installed the lates OS on me desktop but have no idea how to send it to bb
    pls someone can help.. thanks
    02-17-09 02:37 PM
    Updated to .103 At the end of the load it stated that the load was unsuccessfull. to rever to the backup file. Looked under option and it shows .103 installed. doing a battery pull now to see what happens but im sure it wont be good lol. NUKED probably will have to reload.

WOw batteryt pull went painfully slow but everything is working was worried a bit lol
    Last edited by medic552; 02-17-09 at 02:53 PM.
    02-17-09 02:51 PM
1,576 ... 5657585960 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD