incredible! the best yet!

yes the babylon sample video seemed jerky on playback, but video i took with the storm and video i ripped from a dvd and put on there played smooth and fine.

i also noticed my avail. memory went UP after it had been in use for a while - now 49MB which is the most i've EVER had free.
    02-14-09 10:54 PM
    tried to download the 4.7.0.103 and getting error message when going through install wizard any tips?
    02-14-09 11:12 PM
    my browswer for internet has dissapeared
    02-14-09 11:29 PM
    where can i download the new software for the storm?
    02-14-09 11:43 PM
    where can i download the new software for the storm?
    on the main page towards the bottom a bit.
    02-14-09 11:46 PM
    can someone help me get the browser back running. everything else is fine /
    02-14-09 11:48 PM
    is it currently with Verizon?

did you try to pop the battery?
    02-14-09 11:52 PM
    Try to show all in the main screen and make sure it is not hidden and if that doesn't work go through DM>>>
    02-14-09 11:52 PM
    Try reading pack a few pages. there has been other people with this browser problem and I posted the solution as did others in this thread. You need to read or use search on this thread for "Browser" or ""host routing" and you will find the solution.

There are at least ewight places in this thread that tell you how. Just use search.
    02-15-09 12:13 AM
    I upgraded from .75 straight to .103.

I notice some things work faster now, but I only have two gripes thus far.

1.) WMV format videos play real choppy

2.) When I attach some photos from my device memory or memory card to MMS, they send as a solid colored block. The same thing happens when I forward them. Oddly, if I take a photo with the camera built into the storm, the photo sends via MMS with no issues.

I do a lot of MMS'ing, so this is a huge issue for me.
    02-15-09 12:39 AM
    Ok so, I haven't read this for about a day but has anyone found this? When I get a call or a text and I silence it while in the holster, the phone goes to the vibrate profile. I have replicated this so it's definitely not a fluke...anyone else find this? I think it's pretty neat personally. :-)
    02-15-09 01:07 AM
    My battery life is better..all seems faster. Program BBLight doesn't work now...all in all 4 stars outta 5
    02-15-09 01:46 AM
    When I hit the voice command button it's a crapshoot. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it takes a few seconds, but most of the time it locks my phone up for at least 6-8 minutes (unless I pull the battery) with the screen staying white with the "initializing, please wait" thing at the top. Anyone else???? So this and the graphics are my two big gripes with .103.
    02-15-09 02:01 AM
    so i think after installin .103 I lost everything on my phone- im praying it didnt wipe my media card- im just did a bat. pull...we shall see...wish me luck!
    02-15-09 03:26 AM
    This was my first time ever doing something like this and I went from .75 to .103 with no problem. Followed the instructions to the letter. There is another thread on installing it and there may be some help there.
    02-15-09 06:52 AM
    Left my Storm all night without AC adaptor. Battery ran down from 80% last night to around 70%. Seems to be the same under .103 as .75.
    02-15-09 06:54 AM
    so far, 103 is great, except a couple minor(?) glitches...

the other night, I was out and about and I checked my phone, where the signal strength is usually located, was "SOS" in red, and there was a note on the screen that my SIM card was invalid (it's the Telus supplied roaming card - doesn't have any effect when I'm in Canada or the US).

I did a battery pull, and when the reboot finished, everything was back to normal - about 30 minutes later, it happened again. Another battery pull, and it hasn't happened since.

it is a lot quicker/nicer than .76, and the full keyboard in vertical is awesome once you get used to it
    02-15-09 07:14 AM
    Made the jump from .75 to .103.

Has anyone noticed that the screen lock now functions like standby. In .75 when I hit the screen lock the screen would fade but when I hit it again it would display the fact that the screen is locked. In .103 it does nothing. Is it just me or does anyone else notice this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I thought it bricked my phone but no, that's what it looks like to me too. Another reason perhaps why the battery last longer?
    02-15-09 07:40 AM
    can anyone foward pics yet or send pics from you media card sith i think we need a hybird
    02-15-09 08:09 AM
    One more finding
    Berry411 or beyond411 (whatever you want to call it)
    on .75 i was able to use it in portrait or landscape now on .103 it only stays in portrait no matter how many times I turn it or give it time. I even uninstalled it, did a battery pull and re-installed it.
    Not really a big deal but just wanted to see if anyone else had this
    Thanks
    02-15-09 08:37 AM
    my browswer for internet has dissapeared
    Same thing happened to me and only resolved it by getting tech help from my provider (Bell). They had me delete all of the items except PROVISIONING in the "Service book" in advanced options and then pushed the services from their end. I got my browser back and other OTA features that had disappeared. 103 now works great and I am totally pleased with the upgrade.
    I can actually take pictures now without having brace my arm on something.
    Last edited by Soupmeister; 02-15-09 at 09:08 AM.
    02-15-09 09:04 AM
    I've had OS .103 now for around 8 hours. During the first four I saw a noticeable memory decrease but since I activated the garbage cleaner it's been holding strong at 40.1.

Being new to Blackberry I didn't realize all the complications it would present after the install, I had to delete my gmail account and add the filter back in for example, but all in all I'm very pleased with this as opposed to .75.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but whats a "garbage cleaner"?
    02-15-09 09:05 AM
    Interesting......the persons I sent to are on Verizon and AT&T...I don't think you are missing anything given you did 3 battery pulls. sorry can't help.
    You guys should do a search on this thread. This has been discussed many many many many (and now with you MANY) times.

I know there's a lot to read here, but search for and read the items for your issue at least, instead of adding the same thing to it again.

I'm sorry to sound ishty but for those of us that do read these threads, it gets old quick.
    02-15-09 09:19 AM
    Ok so, I haven't read this for about a day but has anyone found this? When I get a call or a text and I silence it while in the holster, the phone goes to the vibrate profile. I have replicated this so it's definitely not a fluke...anyone else find this? I think it's pretty neat personally. :-)
    That's sweet

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 09:25 AM
    Thank you for helping me start my education on Crackberry; and the first thing I learned is, you can't start your education on Crackberry. You have a good point, if you don't know how to do something then you shouldn't try to do it. Thanks for the insight.
    I'm new here also. No offense but this forum has a very specific purpose. I've been on the other forums at Crackberry and they are the place to receive your BB education and ask general questions including the MU question. They cover everything BB. I'm a tech and I balked at MU for a couple minutes, IMO the interface is stupid but slow down and LOOK at the entire screen and you'll find it.

Although it may be convenient asking general questions here clutters things up. Some people get PO'ed and just 'attack', others forget where they came from and that none of us were born with the knowledge we've accumulated. I will say though that you need skin almost as thick as needed for Linux/UNIX forums to ask technical questions and be ready to get answers to your question with questions and then no answer after you answer what should be the obvious, like, "I am running 106 for the 9500 and I have a problem with XXX when I'm in Spain.", be ready for, "Are you using a 9500? Are you in Spain?" Like I said, Linux/UNIX. I'm so tempted to jump in and say, "No, he's running a 8300 in Russia and can't figure out why he can't get service!"
    02-15-09 09:31 AM
1,576 ... 5253545556 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD