o.k I have been running .103 on the storm and to this point no serious problems. however, I have noticed that my battery is no longer long lasting. What's up with that?
    02-14-09 05:46 PM
    o.k I have been running .103 on the storm and to this point no serious problems. however, I have noticed that my battery is no longer long lasting. What's up with that?
    i have noticed that. usually ill have 80%+ by the end of the day with .99. i have been off the charger since 12:30pm EST and i only have 60% right now 7 hours later.
    02-14-09 06:36 PM
    now all of a sudden i only have 4.0MB of mem free. i have never seen it below 30 before with any other build. not good.
    02-14-09 06:54 PM
    Here are my findings:

1) Update was smooth. No major problems, most settings were restored. Had to log back into some applications and re-enter some keys.

2) Network message comes up when restarting the phone. There is no option to save in the Network Options screen so the message continues to come up with every battery pull.

3) Phone is quicker overall. Accelerometer is quicker, 1 or 2 sec lag when switching orientations.

4) Phone seems to be stable. Haven't had to do a battery pull yet after a few days.

5) Battery life is much better. Have gone 2 days without a charge whereas before I had to charge every night.

6) Bluetooth for video does not work. No option in the menu to activate bluetooth. Bluetooth does work for music and Slacker.

We're getting close. Phone is a pleasure to have now. Hopefully the last few major bugs will be fixed in the next update or two. Seems there's a new OS build every couple of weeks so I'm optimistic that the Storm will be the killer phone it was supposed to be by midyear, especially once the App Store opens up.
    02-14-09 07:03 PM
    This is the 3rd or 4th leaked OS that I've installed on my phone. However after I installed this one, I can send MMS pictures (but the person doesn't receive them) and I can't receive picture texts either.

I could do both with .99, but now I can't. Any ideas?
    02-14-09 07:11 PM
    Im new to these phones and I dont understand this whold OS upgrade thing. Is this from the company themselves or just normal people making it for us here ? Whats it do for us ? TIA
    02-14-09 07:13 PM
    I'll be honest I dont notice that much of a difference from .75 to.103 or in between. It needs to be faster in response with everything. Still a badass phone but hopefully the official OS will make it one.
    02-14-09 07:13 PM
    Im new to these phones and I dont understand this whold OS upgrade thing. Is this from the company themselves or just normal people making it for us here ? Whats it do for us ? TIA
    think of it as "Test Driving".
    02-14-09 07:15 PM
    Made the jump from .75 to .103.

Has anyone noticed that the screen lock now functions like standby. In .75 when I hit the screen lock the screen would fade but when I hit it again it would display the fact that the screen is locked. In .103 it does nothing. Is it just me or does anyone else notice this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 07:18 PM
    Upgraded from .99, so far so good. Everything seems a bit quicker. The accelerometer is working awesome, it doesn't randomly change views anymore. App memory is at 48.2, which is the highest it has ever been, even right after the .99 upgrade. DM restored my data and applications perfectly.

The only issue I had was one email address did not want to re-activate. BIS wouldnt send the service book for that particular address for some reason. Pulled battery, restarted logged out and back into BIS and it finally sent it.
    Last edited by pricej636; 02-14-09 at 07:25 PM.
    02-14-09 07:22 PM
    This is the 3rd or 4th leaked OS that I've installed on my phone. However after I installed this one, I can send MMS pictures (but the person doesn't receive them) and I can't receive picture texts either.

I could do both with .99, but now I can't. Any ideas?
    Not sure what's wrong. I have been able to send several MMS pictures and persons have gotten them. Have you done a battery pull and reset it?
    02-14-09 07:22 PM
    .103 has been working for me for going on 3 days now.

I still like it. Everything works except playing .wma music files. Had to convert to .mp3. worked on .75 but not .103.

I have seen the Status - Memory start in the 50MB range down to 30-22 MB.

After using it without rebooting for 30 hours i saw it get down to 138KB??? KB is what it said. ANd it was still relatively fast. Then I tried loading Navigator and exiting and it went back to 8 MB free.

Currently says 1.5 MB free. It bounces all over the place. Not sure if it is telling me the truth or not. I have no apps up.

I can run memory cleaner on it and it has little effect.

But like I said it seems to run fairly smoothly. I get some delays once in a while with the hourglass. But most of the time it is pretty snappy.

Snappy and I am Happy compared to .65 and .75.

I am going to have to decide if I want to go to the next released OS or not. This one is serving me pretty well.

I did drain the batttery from 95% to 5% by playing youtube videos for 3 hours. That seemed a bit short but it is doing lots of network I.O and using the video playback so I guess it is expected.

Streaming radio is similar on .75. Any time I have used network and video or network and play sound it uses lots of battery.
    02-14-09 07:23 PM
    Not sure what's wrong. I have been able to send several MMS pictures and persons have gotten them. Have you done a battery pull and reset it?

I've done about 3 battery pulls with no luck. I'm going to run QuickPull and see if that works. Am I missing anything in terms of resetting? I checked all of my settings and nothing changed from .99 to .103.

The person I am trying to send and receive pictures with is on Alltel, but it's never really been an issue before.
    02-14-09 07:25 PM
    Made the jump from .75 to .103.

Has anyone noticed that the screen lock now functions like standby. In .75 when I hit the screen lock the screen would fade but when I hit it again it would display the fact that the screen is locked. In .103 it does nothing. Is it just me or does anyone else notice this.

Right when it does that it freeks me out. I think it is dead or something as it does nothing. But if you hit the LOCK buttom then it comes back and you can type your password and unlock it.
    02-14-09 07:26 PM
    I've done about 3 battery pulls with no luck. I'm going to run QuickPull and see if that works. Am I missing anything in terms of resetting? I checked all of my settings and nothing changed from .99 to .103.

The person I am trying to send and receive pictures with is on Alltel, but it's never really been an issue before.
    Interesting......the persons I sent to are on Verizon and AT&T...I don't think you are missing anything given you did 3 battery pulls. sorry can't help.
    02-14-09 07:39 PM
    Interesting......the persons I sent to are on Verizon and AT&T...I don't think you are missing anything given you did 3 battery pulls. sorry can't help.
    Not a problem, I'm searching the forum to see if there is anything I've missed. Hopefully this is a temporary set back and will resolve itself soon. Thanks for the response and ideas though, I do appreciate it.
    02-14-09 07:42 PM
    MMS with picture attachment works for me. I get the picture with the message.

Some people say this is blank/black on .103. But it seems to be working for me on .103

I am on verizon
    Last edited by bbstorm4me; 02-14-09 at 07:50 PM.
    02-14-09 07:48 PM
    MMS with picture attachment works for me. I get the picture with the message.

Some people say this is blank/black on .103. But it seems to be working for me on .103

It's weird because I am showing it as sent, however none of the 9-10 MMS that I've sent were received. My friend also has sent me about 3-4 tests on her end and I've yet to receive any of them. This has been like this for the last 3 hours or so.
    02-14-09 07:51 PM
    would I still be able to download this update? and if so would I just plug in my storm with the usb cable or what?
    02-14-09 08:19 PM
    The only issue I see is that the sample video on the 9530 is very laggy and the same if I take a movie, playback is very laggy.

-J
    02-14-09 08:55 PM
    How many people reporting battery drain are running WeatherBug? I was thinking of installing it, but saw several posts saying it drains the battery doing GPS updates?

02-14-09 09:02 PM
    Turn of the My Location feature and it is fine.
    02-14-09 09:11 PM
    Coming from .75 the camera functionality is greatly improved. I was able to leave my digital camera home while snapping pics all day today.
    02-14-09 09:27 PM
    How many people reporting battery drain are running WeatherBug? I was thinking of installing it, but saw several posts saying it drains the battery doing GPS updates?

I had thought of that and turned it off the first day I had .103 installed and my battery still drained nearly 30% in 3 hours without even touching the device! next, I may be removing YouMail to see if that is the problem.
    02-14-09 10:14 PM
    I upgraded from .75 and everything seems a lot better except that the babylon ad trailer is very laggy and when I take a video and try to play it, it says loading in the top right corner for like 1 min then it says that "the media being played is of an unsupported format"
    02-14-09 10:49 PM
1,576 ... 5152535455 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD