no but i'm having pretty steady memory leek.. it might be the theme i'm using though. but yeah just been noticing it for a while. but this has happened on any leaked version i have used. i wonder if i messed something up in previous and it has carried over?
    02-13-09 07:07 PM
    Camera pix are grainy. Color seems off.

Options button can't decide whether to go to "switch applications" menu or the actual "options" menu. One has to hit button more than once to get to options for the specific application.
    02-13-09 07:26 PM
    my favorite part of .103 is that it doesn't arbitrarily reboot on me. Each time i would shut or slam my car door, the storm freaked out and rebooted itself... pretty psycho.. new OS fixed that though!!!

Two words.... "Holy Water"
    02-13-09 07:34 PM
    anyone having problems backing up there phones. I get an error every time.
    02-13-09 07:50 PM
    Camera pix are grainy. Color seems off.

Options button can't decide whether to go to "switch applications" menu or the actual "options" menu. One has to hit button more than once to get to options for the specific application.
    The options (menu) button has had a bug since 99 where the key rate affects the hardware buttons as well as touch. Turn key rate down and hardware buttons will work but typing will lag... I prefer lag.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 08:07 PM
    not so far. have backed up three times so far and no issues. sorry you're having problems with that.
    02-13-09 08:13 PM
    is anyone else having problems with vista.
    I'm running vista 64bit, and have not experienced any issues with DM.
    02-13-09 08:15 PM
    Have you every tried doing a search for this?

It is a well known issue that you need to Clear the Browser Data Cache in the DM under Advanced in the Backup area. Then after it is clear go back and do backup and it should work.

That is how it was on .75 and is that way still on .103.

If I do that it backs up fine.
    02-13-09 08:29 PM
    Anyone had issues with 103 freezing upon unlock?

I've had this with all os thus far...

It goes black on lock after a while. To get it to light back up you have to Press UNLOCK again then press the screen and it should light up so you can enter password to unlock it.
    02-13-09 08:32 PM
    I've tried 3 times to DL. It keeps giving me an error and won't let me DL!! I'm running Vista. I guess, we're going to have to wait for a new file???? Any suggestions?
    I too couldn't get it to install using Vista (x86). I downloaded the file from 3 sites thinking that was the problem but it was the Vista OS not letting it install properly. Once I did it on an XP machine I had no problems.
    02-13-09 08:48 PM
    I haven't upgraded from .99 yet. Can somebody confirm that the MissingSync wireless sync app works under .103? (Assuming it worked for you under .99 :-)
    Anyone? Anyone?

OK, I went ahead with the upgrade anyway and it works just fine. Also, WeatherBug is working for me. So far haven't seen any problems, but also no major changes from .99.

Time to update my sig...
    02-13-09 08:57 PM
    Lost EDGE connectivity last night but re-connected this morning (left it on overnight). Overall, speed is the same (if not a tad slower than .99), pretty much the same OS to me as .99. Installed it soon after the leak. No battery pulls yet.
    02-13-09 09:09 PM
    I was running .99; installed .103; ran .103 for two days and anm now back to .99...

I experience several battery-pulls and more than a few unanticiated restrats. Though most of the speeds seemed slower, it may have just been my imagination.

I would skip this "upgrade" and stick with .99 until the official release from Verizon later this month.
    02-13-09 09:16 PM
    I was running .99; installed .103; ran .103 for two days and anm now back to .99...

I experience several battery-pulls and more than a few unanticiated restrats. Though most of the speeds seemed slower, it may have just been my imagination.

I would skip this "upgrade" and stick with .99 until the official release from Verizon later this month.
    Or next month...or the month after....or the....

02-13-09 09:48 PM
    I just bought the Storm (again, I originally got it when it 1st came out, used it for 25 days)
    After playing with it with .75 on it for a while I went to .103 and I LOVE IT!!
    I do have a few findings
    1- MUCH Faster and smoother
    2- Like the idea of full keyboard in portrait but my fat fingers are just too dang big..lol
    3-browser much faster
    4-seems to run a lil hot with .103
    5- reception not as good as .75, with .75 I had 3 bars of EV1X, with .103 I only have 1 bar of 1x (any fixes or ideas on that one?)

All and all this is a great build and well on the way to the perfect device
    02-13-09 10:09 PM
    I don't know if this has been posted yet, (haven't had time to read every post) I've noticed that my memory has been dropping sometimes 10mb in an 8 hour period ever since I "upgraded" to .103.

The only new app I've installed is the upgraded MissingSync; which requires an app on the Storm. (by the way, probably wrong forum, but, do I need to have that installed if I don't intend to use the Bluetooth sync feature???)

I haven't done a battery pull in one day (24hrs) and my available memory is down to around 9.5mb; YIKES! Interestingly, my phone hasn't really slowed down. I used the phone extensively (browser, email, sms, telenav, etc.) today and haven't noticed any slowdowns.

Maybe .103 has better memory management; I will try uninstalling MissingSync app on my phone to see if that's the memory drain.

Anyone else notice something like this? If your mem drops on .103, don't pull the battery; see if the phone becomes unresponsive.

PS My memory after battery pull hovers around high 30s, low 40s.
    02-13-09 10:17 PM
    After playing music player and multiple apps ie data viz doc, excel, pdf, mobi pocket reader browser and opera browser I only went down 2 bars in roughly 4 1/2 to 5 hours. I notice when the screen go's black you need to push the red end button to open screen, maybe this is a battery saver feature not sure? email is pretty much instant synch from .75. qwerty ketboard in portrait is a little annoying after alot of typing wish it could be a smidge bigger with my stubby fingers, but 10 times better than suretype. Oh... there is obvious lag from said apps but its tolerable and short, otherwise I'm very happy with this version. We'll see if this lasts after a few days!!!!!!!
    02-13-09 10:21 PM
    As much as I liked the hybrid OS, .103 is great. In my opinion, it's as good as a final product rather than a beta.

Everything in .103 is very smooth, sure there maybe a few things that are slightly slower compared to .99 and the hybrid but just how the phone transitions from one task to another smoothly is just amazing. By that I meant the phone doesn't hang when you try to open another application or try to do a few more task.

Overall, I have to say this is the best OS thus far.
    02-13-09 10:39 PM
    I've been running .103 for a few days now and think it was a huge downgrade from .86. Keyboard lag is terrible, portrait to landscape seems slower. Camera seems better, but overall doesnt seem like a worthy upgrade. I'm going back to .86..
    02-13-09 10:43 PM
    upgraded tonight ...with the help of the posted instructions here..without a hitch. Did not use DM..as one, very helpful, instruction said I could use apploader from the downloaded program...and it was painless. Thanks CB !!
    02-13-09 11:04 PM
    Running for 1 day. No battery pulls. Works better than .99 for me. Don't notice much difference for .86 except a few little new things. Wish the full keyboard in portrait was smarter and figured out what I'm trying to type.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 11:08 PM
    I don't know why people need to tell us they are downloading it its annoying but i have found the the battery life is really bad, but the perks are good faster camera faster keyboard, its a faster phone overall im just not sure if the battery lose is worth it
    02-13-09 11:17 PM
    well I've been using it a full 24 and I must say that this is by far the best version I've tried (and I've been trying them all).

It started out terrible with it crashing only a few minutes after completion of the install. When it restarted, things were sluggish (weatherbug, google sync, etc) all took almost 10 minutes to do what normally takes a minute or less! I was nearly to call it quits for .103...

Luckily I let it run its course and things stablized. I have yet to have a problem since then. No battery pulls. No weird anomalies that corrected themselves. The only thing I still do not like is the terrible colors now. Like going from 16 million colors to 256! ug.

But the typing lag is liveable now (.99 was terrible). The accelometer seems much less finiky. The screen lock is much faster. The transitions are snappy. The awesome battery life from .99 is still there. The camera is fast (like it was in .99). I haven't tried MMS. There still seems to be memory leak...but memory cleaner seems to equalize it out (but I never really notice a slowdown when it gets really low...yet). But best of all, it has been on for 24hrs straight, and I don't even think about doing a QuickPull because it's been that stable!!!!!!!!!!! Lets see how it survives this long weekend.
    02-13-09 11:39 PM
    Installed .103 and was working just fine until I noticed that I had no browser functions. I did what came to mind first and did a battery pull. I pulled the battery, waited 10 seconds, then installed it.

Now the phone tries to turn on, with first the red light on, to the black screen with the timer, then to the white screen with the timer, and then simply turns OFF and repeats the process. It's just STUCK in this phase no matter what I do!
    (Just at the end of the white screen with the timer it quickly reads reset)

I have since pulled the battery for 10 minutes at a time and tried again over and over... NO LUCK!

What can I do? It won't even turn all the way on to connect to the Desktop Manager.
    Last edited by 4ever9er; 02-14-09 at 12:04 AM.
    02-13-09 11:47 PM
    ...and the battery has a 90% charge.

I am so frustrated. I can't imagine what caused this!
    02-14-09 12:01 AM
1,576 ... 4748495051 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD