jus downloaded it. phone still seems laggy. when listening to the music an u press the volume keys it goes to the next track or the track before if u press it to many times. ill post more as i come upon certain problems
    02-13-09 09:43 AM
    Everything Was Deleted Off My Phone During This Stupid Update
    02-13-09 09:48 AM
    Everything Was Deleted Off My Phone During This Stupid Update
    You did do a backup on your device before installing a new OS, right?!!! If so, just restore the backup.

This happened to me going to .99. The restore put everything back.
    02-13-09 09:54 AM
    maybe you shoulda made a backup
    02-13-09 09:54 AM
    Haven't seen anyone else post anything like this...anyone have any ideas?

Did my first upgrade from .75 to .103 two nights ago. Didn't do a wipe... (should I have?) All was great until late last night when I did a battery pull to refresh memory and now I can no longer hear anything when I make or receive calls. They still go through, it still says connected, but I can't hear anything. Not sure if my mic is working, haven't asked anyone if they can hear me talking.

Also, the top left button that would normally say speaker during a call now just says handset and doesn't change anything if you press it.

Going to revert later, but anyone have any ideas to salvage this? I love .103 besides this minor...hiccup.
    02-13-09 09:55 AM
    Sounds like you're hooked up to a bluetooth headset...
    02-13-09 10:01 AM
    Just went to Options>Bluetooth. It was disabled. Enabled it and redisabled it. Problem's still there...
    02-13-09 10:04 AM
    I get ghost screens when switching between menus, and white blank screen when locking/unlocking.
    02-13-09 10:05 AM
    In the end, I backed out and went back to .99 as battery life was killing me.
    Battery life has not been a problem for me at all with .103 and I use the phone pretty heavily. I do have the seidio 1600 battery so maybe that's the difference.
    02-13-09 10:06 AM
    Also, the top left button that would normally say speaker during a call now just says handset and doesn't change anything if you press it.
    This happened to me too a day after I upgraded to .99 but it turned out to be a problem with the hardware, not the leaked OS. Reverting back to official .75 OS didn't fix it.

There is a sensor or switch in the 3.5 headset jack that failed somehow. I found another poster here who had the same problem and he resolved it by swabbing the jack out with a dry Q-tip. I tried this and it worked for a minute and then went back to headset mode.

The only way to use the phone at all was if I plugged the headset in so I took it back to Verizon and they replaced it for me. I've been running .99 for almost a week on the new phone with no problems, and I am probably going to load .103 tonight.
    02-13-09 10:08 AM
    This is the first time that I've upgraded my Storm's firmware (coming from .75), so I was expecting quite a few changes. My biggest issue with the Storm has always been its lack of stability and overall lack of speed when performing certain tasks, like taking photos or menu scrolling. Keep in mind that I initially pulled the battery and have been using the phone very heavily over the past couple of days with this new firmware.

With .103, I am very pleased with the changes they've made with the camera speed and translucent interface. Also improved is the menu and application screen scrolling, which is much smoother and doesn't bog down. The browser is pretty much unchanged besides the addition of a "Go" button and altered font. There is a new QWERTY keyboard for portrait mode, but it is basically unusable. Also changed, are the phone keys, App Center Icon and removal of some transition effects. These changes, while some are trivial, do greatly improve upon the Storm's user interface overall. But this is where things get sticky...

I still question the efforts put into the stability at this point. The phone has crashed once while retrieving a text message and once while closing the video camera app. Also, the color depth is visibly worse. If you don't know about this, do a quick search. Some of my music has also not been recognized since upgrading. Lastly, there is noticeable lag when typing in the web browser. I do understand that this is an unreleased firmware, but I hope the next official release has corrected these annoying problems.

Overall, this release has improved upon some of the issues that the phone has had but has also introduced other issues that weren't there with .75. I'm not downgrading, but I can't say that I'm confident about RIM pulling off a 'near perfect' official release.
    02-13-09 10:15 AM
    Tried this version, find it is quicker than .99.

The unlock is faster. Also, it will auto-lock when take it out from the case, which is not avaiable in the org OS.

other function is working fine!
    02-13-09 10:17 AM
    does anyone have the torrrent for .103?
    02-13-09 10:28 AM
    I just noticed the little yellow message icon in the upper left corner now stays on and I have no new messages
    02-13-09 10:29 AM
    I have that problem every once in a while with official 75. Just pull the battery and life will be good.

I just noticed the little yellow message icon in the upper left corner now stays on and I have no new messages
    02-13-09 10:34 AM
    The transition from portrait to landscape is a little bit quicker, browser is also quicker as well. Battery is holding up well. The only problem I've had is my Xberry Live! is unable to have tags added and QuickPull isn't working ether and they both were working perfect before I updated to .103. Anyone else have this issue?
    Last edited by BonezH2X; 02-13-09 at 10:59 AM.
    02-13-09 10:54 AM
    I upgraded today and here is what I found. I am coming from .75 and for me the overall speed is much better.

-cam takes pics much faster than .75

-video playback a bit choppy but only
    from the preview that the phone came with the rest are fine

-pic quality seems a bit less maybe just me

- i noticed that my memory usage decreases by just idling i went from like 47 to 35 in a short while.

-i had a hard time saving a pic once it took forever to save.

-i had the screen turn black while skipping around on a video on u tube but once the video was done it came back.

i have only had the update installed a few hours so i am sure there will be more things to find will post again if i find anything
    02-13-09 10:55 AM
    Left my wife's at .75 and upgraded mine to .103...some of the thing I can see with them side by side:

1) Picture quality is alot better as the flash timing is finally correct or close enough to matter.

2) snappier portrait/landscape

3) Camera is quicker to take pics sometimes and sometimes it's about the same. I think this has to do with the anti-sake and the focus box.

4) .75 would take a image of any size and make it your background but .103 will not do this anymore. Once I upgraded my old image was there but as soon as I removed it and tried another then tried to put it back it would not longer go back. I have a bunch of images from my other cameras on my flash card and they no longer work for background although anything I have taken with the storm goes into the background without a hitch.

5) Translucent top bar. Might be a setting I missed and they turned on, but very nice for the background picture.

6) When you try and use the Video camera you get a grey translucent bar across the controls when you press them. Annoying but you can still make out the controls and they still respond.

7) I see alot more of the hourglass now...

02-13-09 10:57 AM
    I just installed .103 from .99 2 days ago and am quite upset... With .99 i did not have this many problems with my downloaded applications not connecting, screens just scrambling, blackberry messenger freezing when i get a msg, and the phone just freezing for no reason what so ever!!!!! I will be downgrading when I finally get the chance... And just for my own knowledge what should the app memory be at normally on the storm? Because mine is usually around 16-18 mb???
    02-13-09 11:00 AM
    Because mine is usually around 16-18 mb???
    it varies on what apps you have and the usage
    02-13-09 11:05 AM
    The Storm hardware is great. The software is awful at best. It seems people are getting used to software that is buggy. My phone only does xxxxxxx fill in the blank once a day. The phone should run good for weeks not hours. I remember blackberries that ran solid for months. Fanboys or whatever you call them are too forgiving. RIM should have never released this phone until the software was halfway to beta.
    02-13-09 11:09 AM
    This happened to me too a day after I upgraded to .99 but it turned out to be a problem with the hardware, not the leaked OS. Reverting back to official .75 OS didn't fix it.

There is a sensor or switch in the 3.5 headset jack that failed somehow. I found another poster here who had the same problem and he resolved it by swabbing the jack out with a dry Q-tip. I tried this and it worked for a minute and then went back to headset mode.

The only way to use the phone at all was if I plugged the headset in so I took it back to Verizon and they replaced it for me. I've been running .99 for almost a week on the new phone with no problems, and I am probably going to load .103 tonight.
    do i have to revert before i go in for a replacement?

or can i just walk in there with .103 loaded

i ask because i'm right by the store now and really dont want to have to go home first
    02-13-09 11:10 AM
    lost my Slacker and cant get it to work now i miss my Slacker
    02-13-09 11:14 AM
    My 1st ever random boot jut happen on this OS. IMO I don't think it's as stable as .90
    We can only hope for a more stable OS soon. How about a second leak this weekend would be nice. NE1 else have a random boot?
    02-13-09 11:19 AM
    personally for me,99 was bad and maybe the worst becuase yes, my fone will freeze but that 99 made it freeze ALL DA TIME!!! im sooo glad they got another update and cant wait for the next one...from 99 to 103 was a fast update, hope its just as fast for a new one
    02-13-09 11:21 AM
1,576 ... 4142434445 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD