re registered re programmed re everything still no internet at all
    Hold ur thought. I think RIM are having problems.. .let me do a phone call ill post my asnwer in 3 min
    02-12-09 09:47 PM
    menu,options,security options, general settings, hit menu, then wipe handheld
    Hi Everyone. I'm a newb to BB's (Storm is my first BB device, got it in early Dec.) and also to posting on CB; Love the site.

I have installed all of the leaked OS so far with success, except this one. I was wondering what happens when I "wipe handheld". Does it revert back to .65 OS? I'm afraid to try this without knowing what will actually happen. I'm pretty disapointed with .103; lost my browser, but figured that out. But, I can't get to any sites. It acts like it's loading, but starts to slow down about mid-way through loading, then slows to a crawl and eventually times out. So, I think I'm going back to .75 OS unless someone can help.

Thanks to everyone for sharing thieir knowledge and experience.
    02-12-09 09:47 PM
    was at .99 for a week and the first few days weren't bad. then it started rebooting, got the white screen of death several times. upgraded to .103 yesterday. everything is faster, no reboots or any other flaw whatsoever. hopefully it holds.
    02-12-09 09:49 PM
    re registered re programmed re everything still no internet at all

If you tried the

*228 1

Then check the rest:

options > advanced options > host routing tables > BB menu key > register now

Screen shows 1XEV ?

Radio is ON ?

Data Services ON
    Network Selection Mode: Automatic
    Network Technology 1XEV or Global both do the same.

have 5 BARS ? or some bars?
    rimms gotta be dwn or somethin now its slooooow as in may not work
    Nope that was already tried.

What did work was this phone call:

*228 send option 1

It reprograms the network access and fixed it. On the air again thanks to Proxis !
    BB server has nothing to do with internet! Do you have the 2 arrows on top right working? try to do a register now. then OTASP the phone. i dont know about ur provider but with OTASP and PRL update it will work.. TELUS's OTASP it *22803 option 1 and then 1 again ... for PRL option 1 then 2 , let the phone beep 2 times after u finish DO NOT HANG UP

That's what i said too... but sorry i dont know the verizon one
    The internet isn't working on my original .75 installation - looks like a RIM problem.
    do register now ... menu, options, advanced options, hostrouting table, REGISTER NOW

I have this same issue and I did the register now and still nothing! Anyone have the same issue?
    Downloaded .103
    when finished i click on the file to open
    installsheild wizard opens
    asks if i want to repair or remove the file> i pick repair, is this right?
    then it begins installation and halfway thru the "validating install" i get an error # 1316 " a network error occured while attempting to read from the file"
    then installshield wizard closes.
    Please tell me what im doing wrong. i may be a moron but i could sure use some help. im getting very frustrated
    02-12-09 09:51 PM
    My internet went down about 25 minutes ago. I resent service books and re-registered my device. I receive emails just fine, but the browser and twitter and anything else using the internet aren't working. When I go to the browser and attempt to load a page I get this:

"Unable to connect to the internet, please try again later. If the problem persists please contact your service provider."

I've also tried a battery pull and clearing all browser cache. No luck. Any ideas folks?

.103 was running fine until I lost internet...
    I have this same issue and I did the register now and still nothing! Anyone have the same issue?
    Internet down?
    mblesso Today 10:48 PM
    by thekC

There is a post on CB site yes it seems though... im just calling a colleague to see if in CAnada same thing
    My internet went down about 25 minutes ago. I resent service books and re-registered my device. I receive emails just fine, but the browser and twitter and anything else using the internet aren't working. When I go to the browser and attempt to load a page I get this:

"Unable to connect to the internet, please try again later. If the problem persists please contact your service provider."

I've also tried a battery pull and clearing all browser cache. No luck. Any ideas folks?

.103 was running fine until I lost internet...
    .103 has nothing to do with it... i have a .076 original company OS and doing same thing
    02-12-09 09:52 PM
    BB server has nothing to do with internet! Do you have the 2 arrows on top right working? try to do a register now. then OTASP the phone. i dont know about ur provider but with OTASP and PRL update it will work.. TELUS's OTASP it *22803 option 1 and then 1 again ... for PRL option 1 then 2 , let the phone beep 2 times after u finish DO NOT HANG UP

That's what i said too... but sorry i dont know the verizon one
    Yes it does no BIS no DATA
    02-12-09 09:52 PM
    just downloaded the 103 everything good but my internet browser wont work what should i do?
    02-12-09 09:54 PM
    This is making me feel better that everyone's internet appears to be down. I did *228 option 1, still no luck, guess I'll just wait it out.
    02-12-09 09:54 PM
    My only problems:

1. QuickPull doesn't seem to want to work properly (it won't let me make a selection)
    2. My emails/Texts are coming in but I am not getting any audible notification alerts when they do
    3. Despite the fact I have chosen to hide the sent messages, they still show.

Anyone else??
    02-12-09 09:55 PM
    I have the standard OS running and the BB browser is down also, it has nothing to do with the leaked version. BB Servers are down because Opera is working fine on mine.
    02-12-09 09:56 PM
    been running .103 for about an hr.

fist 10 min lagged like no other was getting stuck from portrait to land scape est.

after 10 min everything smoothed out almost as fast as .90 for me which was best for me minus the instability. did a batt pull had 50+ MB... so far very pleased will reinstall with crackmem to try and get some more mem and do some tinkering will post any findings.
    02-12-09 09:56 PM
    This is making me feel better that everyone's internet appears to be down. I did *228 option 1, still no luck, guess I'll just wait it out.
    RIM IS DOWN
    02-12-09 09:57 PM
    Internet definitely down, just making sure im not the only one.
    no there is NOT multiple hardware versions. stop spreading false information.

one hardware version was sent to the fcc for testing and one hardware version was passed by the fcc for testing. there is ONE production hardware version.
    Doesn't really explain the vast differences in screen quality, but ok.
    maybe there releasong an offical hahaha
    02-12-09 09:58 PM
    Downloaded .103
    when finished i click on the file to open
    installsheild wizard opens
    asks if i want to repair or remove the file> i pick repair, is this right?
    then it begins installation and halfway thru the "validating install" i get an error # 1316 " a network error occured while attempting to read from the file"
    then installshield wizard closes.
    Please tell me what im doing wrong. i may be a moron but i could sure use some help. im getting very frustrated
    SCREW IT, IM DONE WITH THIS BULLSHYT.
    02-12-09 09:59 PM
    yup one more for the interwebs being broken...coincided nicely with my .103 upgrade. If i *228 Option 1 i will get interwebs for about 5 seconds and then it quits. Atleast its not just me tonight.
    its back up .103 running again at break neck speeds.
1,576 ... 3536373839 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD