Has anyone tried to remove apps that access the internet to try and resolve the battery life issues with .103?

I just uninstalled all of them and am going to try .103 again, but I wanted to see if this has been done.
    02-12-09 08:02 PM
    Has anyone tried to remove apps that access the internet to try and resolve the battery life issues with .103?

I just uninstalled all of them and am going to try .103 again, but I wanted to see if this has been done.
    Dont log to MSN facebook and weather things... that automatically update themselves your batt life will be great... it will last you 2 days.. .trust me, i did the test
    02-12-09 08:04 PM
    I use it every day, so I can't uninstall VZ navigator and frankly, .99 wasn't having this problem, so I need to revert back, I think. :-(
    dang. I uninstalled vz navigator (from DM) and visual voice mail (via handheld) and after JAMMING on Viigo for about 2 hours, BB maps, browser pages, loading and testing Mass Effect ring tones... I burned 10% of the battery, from 80% to 70%. that's it. that's actually 2 hours straight of the screen being on and basically constant 1XEV transferring. memory free after all this? 39.1MB.

I'm sure Viigo will leak and leave me crippled with no memory and no battery! haha! I have it set to pull every 30 minutes - great application!!!

very very impressed with .103 so far. it's resoundingly faster across the board for me. I need to test the phone more, though, and connect it to my cheesy motorola bluetooth visor clip speakerphone...
    02-12-09 08:05 PM
    What's ur phone region? change ur phone region... symc with DM then try again. Change it to Canada to US ( IN YOUR PHONE )
    i don't even know where to change that. i went into options under Language and the Language listed is English (USA) for both device language and input language but i'm not sure if thats what you mean by 'phone region'
    02-12-09 08:05 PM
    Dont log to MSN facebook and weather things... that automatically update themselves your batt life will be great... it will last you 2 days.. .trust me, i did the test
    Even with .103?.....with fingers crossed....
    02-12-09 08:07 PM
    i don't even know where to change that. i went into options under Language and the Language listed is English (USA) for both device language and input language but i'm not sure if thats what you mean by 'phone region'
    options, date time... REGION
    02-12-09 08:08 PM
    Even with .103?.....with fingers crossed....

yes any leak or official will do the same... since it depends from the netowrk signal too ... and thats why the bb's have a DB signal info when you go to status. so if it drops or ur signal will be weak then your batt will drain fast... try to keep in holster too. that helps.
    02-12-09 08:10 PM
    Huge memory leak! At 2.6mb.... HOWEVER... My storm is as snappy as .90 and no freezing... Best os yet....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 08:10 PM
    options, date time... REGION
    only thing under date/time is Time Zone (is that what you mean by region?). I changed the time zone to some random one and then back to eastern but no luck.
    02-12-09 08:11 PM
    try setup wizard too.
    02-12-09 08:11 PM
    only thing under date/time is Time Zone (is that what you mean by region?). I changed the time zone to some random one and then back to eastern but no luck.
    yes that... but when you rty to install the .103 it ONLY gives you that language? no other languages? if so then try to download from

here

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    02-12-09 08:13 PM
    yes any leak or official will do the same... since it depends from the netowrk signal too ... and thats why the bb's have a DB signal info when you go to status. so if it drops or ur signal will be weak then your batt will drain fast... try to keep in holster too. that helps.
    So interesting, removed those apps and instead of a 3-5 min boot time it booted in like 90 seconds...hope that is a great sign.

Thanks for the info, BTW what is considered a good DB signal?
    02-12-09 08:13 PM
    So interesting, removed those apps and instead of a 3-5 min boot time it booted in like 90 seconds...hope that is a great sign.

Thanks for the info
    no need to remove... just UNSIGN from them ... = to sign out
    02-12-09 08:15 PM
    try going to options<language<language<english (united states)

try that mate
    02-12-09 08:15 PM
    no need to remove... just UNSIGN from them ... = to sign out
    Gotcha, Im going to run a while without them, but will remember that.
    02-12-09 08:16 PM
    When I try to install the .103 OS on Desktop Manager, it says and only gives me the option under languages for English UK, though obviously I want American English. Is this a problem? Does anyone know how to fix this?
    here's the trick then - what other languages were listed in Desktop Manager? You should see a lot of languages. if you don't the file or install is borked.

did you uninstall ALL prior desktop updates and restart the computer before AND after loading the .103 modules?
    02-12-09 08:17 PM

try that mate

berryuseraddict
    CrackBerry Newbie
    Device Model: 8830
    Carrier: Verizon Join Date: Nov 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bmerdinian
    What's ur phone region? change ur phone region... symc with DM then try again. Change it to Canada to US ( IN YOUR PHONE )

HE did that
    02-12-09 08:17 PM

try that mate
    hopefully he has them INSTALLED!

but yeah that's where you set !
    02-12-09 08:18 PM
    just redownload from the link i sent you bro... will ldo it ... and tell me what happens... you have my PIN ... pin me since i am gona watch a movie now... 5 year old daughter naggin lol
    02-12-09 08:18 PM
    anyone else having issue of Weather Bug freezing up the phone?
    02-12-09 08:19 PM
    can anyone give me the link on how to wipe my storm?? thanks in advance
    02-12-09 08:21 PM
    anyone else having issue of Weather Bug freezing up the phone?
    remove app and install back by deleting all the regions from it then creating a new region via the GPS FIX, it freezes because the GPS is not finding you
    02-12-09 08:21 PM
    just redownload from the link i sent you bro... will ldo it ... and tell me what happens... you have my PIN ... pin me since i am gona watch a movie now... 5 year old daughter naggin lol
    I reinstalled from that link but still no luck. Still only letting me install English (UK). I have no clue why this is happening, anyone have any ideas?? The desktop manager was installed under USA English, even when I install the OS .exe it asks for a language at the beginning and I chose USA English.

Anyone know why this is happening?!?!
    02-12-09 08:23 PM
    Every function and feature is improved and stable ...except the battery life!!! We need a form-factor correction in the battery life as was done for the memory. This plus the larger keypad feature & we are up to a real functional baseline and what RIM should release as Rev. A
    02-12-09 08:23 PM
    55 pages is alot to read canyone mms pictures yet??? i cant its a pain in the azz
    02-12-09 08:25 PM
1,576 ... 3132333435 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD