103, so far so good. some minor things have followed 99 but the things that forced me to downgrade to 90 are fixed with 103.
    02-12-09 05:21 PM
    wow quick rply bro. just in a middle of a batt pull will let you know thanks

let's just say that I'm familiar with the subject matter, having "lost" mine for a little bit too. Tried all the complicated ideas, and never thought to look in the menu.
    02-12-09 05:22 PM
    Noticed I am not getting the red LED 100% of the time when I have an incoming email.
    02-12-09 05:22 PM
    no joy get the reduced key board but not the predictive text
    02-12-09 05:24 PM
    do you mean suretype? Option - Enable Suretype is not there?
    02-12-09 05:27 PM
    no not the sure type. under mulitap i was using t9 predictive text. like the old cell phones. I can get the full key board... pretty cool.... sure type, and mulitap, just no t9 / predictive text. I even went into Options Language - input - then deselected - reselected predictive input - save and no joy
    02-12-09 05:31 PM
    Google Talk doesn't seem to work on this build either.

Even though I type in my correct user name, I keep receiving errors indicating that I have entered an incorrect user name / password.

This is because the program can no longer recognize the .com part of a user name.
    02-12-09 05:32 PM
    2nd review for store 103 update
    1( yes its still faster and freezing is no where an issue like it used to be in the beginning of the storm error
    2( no problems with MMS
    3( browser is still faster
    4( battery life is ALOT better and so is the memory drain even though it still drains (why da heck does it do that anyway???)

so far this update is stable and very happy with it
    02-12-09 05:37 PM
    MMS still doesn't work for me. Hasn't worked since .86.

Just to clarify: if I take a picture and immediately send it as MMS, everything works great. However, if I save a picture from a website, go to my media and try to send that picture as MMS, all I (and the recipient) see is a purple/black/grey (depends on the OS) box. This is getting to be pretty annoying. It seems like should have fixed this by .99...

Other than that, I agree with everyone elses findings. Everything seems to be a bit faster/smoother.
    02-12-09 05:40 PM
    I am as well but only on the status update page, mail seems to work.
    its not your phone its myspace it has been down all day even on a pc
    02-12-09 05:40 PM
    Every thing seems a lot faster and stable in this, I'm liking it so far.

I noticed a severe lag in typing SMS and wasn't going to be able to live with it. I thought I'd try and delete an extra language, Japanese, that I had loaded. After that and a batt pull, it's typing a lot better for me. I did do a couple of batt pulls before that so I'm thinking deleting the language had an effect.
    02-12-09 05:44 PM
    for the unlocked phones: (unstable)
    -constant reboots
    -edge instead of EDGE (randomly)
    -freezing

PLEASE HELP ME!

Que tal, Antes que nada les pido una disculpa por contestar en Espa�ol, Yo tenia el mismo problema y despues de estar buscando la solucion lo logre con el procedimiento del siguiente link:

forums.crackberry.com/f2/how-use-radio-code-one-os-build-another-151035/

Esto me soluciono los problemas de conexion EDGE y se redujo el consumo de Bateria, tal vez sea el problema que tienen Varios.

* Si alguien fuera tan amable de traducir estas lineas se lo agradeceria.

Suerte y Saludos desde Mexico.

That such, First of all I ask them for an excuse for answering in Spanish, I dyed the same problem and after being look for the solution, I achieved it with the procedure of the following link:

forums.crackberry.com / f2 / how-use-radio-code-one-os-build-another-151035/

This solved the problems of connection EDGE and the consumption of Battery diminished, perhaps be the problem that Different have.

* If someone was so kind of translating these lines it would be grateful.

Luck and Greetings from Mex
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 02-13-09 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Translation
    02-12-09 05:55 PM
    Btw, pretty big feature added, not sure if it's been mentioned but I'd prefer not rifling through 48+ pages of posts to check.

When selecting a name in the phone book and highlighting it, closing the phone book no longer resets your selection.

ie., when you highlight your buddy "Ted" and accidentally close the phone book, reopening doesn't mean having to scroll down through all your contacts to find "Ted" as it'll be highlighted from last time.
    02-12-09 05:56 PM
    Still waiting for you guys comments....
    02-12-09 05:59 PM
    somehow my battery is draining faaast. im at 25% and dropping quickly.
    02-12-09 06:05 PM
    anyone else notice, might be the theme I just put on, that the bottom 3 keys in the dialpad seem cut off the *0# seem a little cut off to mee...never noticed that in .75, .99, or the hybrid, but noticed it in this one...maybe I just never noticed before...I dunno
    02-12-09 06:25 PM
    this sucks, my phone is about to die. how many others are having battery problems like this?
    02-12-09 06:29 PM
    installed earlier, everything's running fine, and fast, however, iLost my app center, and the ability to send MMS ... any suggestions, anyone
    02-12-09 06:35 PM
    this sucks, my phone is about to die. how many others are having battery problems like this?
    I noticed you went from 25% to almost dead in like 25 min...def not normal...is that battery hot to the touch...not scalding, but hotter than normal??? I've had .103 on my phone since the leak, and everything seems fine...actually better than fine with mine...I charged it last night, and I'm only down 1 bar at this point, so I'd say it's something with your phone itself, but I just may not be affected....I'm gunna jinx myself, but I seem to have a superstorm, and I haven't really had any major issues at all with any of the leaks I've installed, so I dunno what to tell ya!

Sorry
    02-12-09 06:37 PM
    installed earlier, everything's running fine, and fast, however, iLost my app center, and the ability to send MMS ... any suggestions, anyone
    battery pull...resend service books(might fix the app center...not sure). MMS I believe is a known issue with this build.
    02-12-09 06:38 PM
    Resend your service books:
    on phone: options > advanced options > host routing tables > BB menu key > register now

or https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw&locale=en
    02-12-09 06:39 PM
    OK I made thejump to .103 from .99. The install went smoothly until the restore. DM complained that it could not restore. No big deal, I had performed a secure backup before starting this upgrade as I had read that this might be a problem. Did a restore from DM and all is great.
    Did a battery pull after install. No VSOD or Media Card error.
    My method of upgrade was to remove .99 from my laptop. Installed .103 and did not remove the vendor file. (Never have)
    No wipe.
    Performed a manual backup.
    Ran the Apploader and installed the upgrade.
    Like I said, had to manually restore.

Things I see out of the gate:
    Appears to be faster than .99
    Browser is WAY faster. Green GO button is still there. (I love the green go button)
    VoiceNotes still save.
    Music clipping is no longer an issue. (all though I had fixed my problem by formatting the media card in .99)
    Typing lag is still there, but much much better than .99.
    All my stuff is still there. (Contacts, Calendar items, 3 email accounts (BIS) and 3rd party apps)
    Memory was running at 39MB in .99 now after battery pull, back up to 52MB. Never got that high in .99

3rd party apps:
    Solytare
    CaptureIt

Will let run for 24 hrs and will report back.
    OK here is my 24 hour update!!
    .103 is as stable if not more stable than .99 (Disclaimer!! On my Storm that is. But then my Storm ROCKS!!)
    I have had no freezes, lockups or random reboots.
    The accelerometer is more finely tuned. It acts much smoother and responds very quickly.
    The browser is OMG fast. It is about time. (Still love the green 'GO' button )
    Media Player - No clipping songs and WOW they have finally done something with the lack of volume. Not quite as loud as my IPOD but dang close.
    Battery life has never been an issue for me but I took my Storm out of the cradle this morning at 6:00AM. It is now 4:38PM (PST) and I am still at 80%. That is texting, using the phone numerous times and listening to music. I'd say that part is a home run!
    Memory is good on this build as well. After the install I did a battery pull. Was at 52MB free. This morning it ranged from 38 - 45 MB free. (Can you say WOO HOO?)
    I have added some 3rd party apps. Now running:
    Google Maps
    Poynt
    Solytare
    CaptureIt

So, with all that being said - I think (So Far) this is a great build. Time will tell.
    I love my Storm.
    Last edited by Hophead; 02-12-09 at 06:46 PM.
    02-12-09 06:43 PM
    wow. Hophead, how do you have so much free memory??
    02-12-09 06:47 PM
    didn't work, won't send text either =[ this is alllllll bad loll.
    02-12-09 06:49 PM
    I noticed you went from 25% to almost dead in like 25 min...def not normal...is that battery hot to the touch...not scalding, but hotter than normal??? I've had .103 on my phone since the leak, and everything seems fine...actually better than fine with mine...I charged it last night, and I'm only down 1 bar at this point, so I'd say it's something with your phone itself, but I just may not be affected....I'm gunna jinx myself, but I seem to have a superstorm, and I haven't really had any major issues at all with any of the leaks I've installed, so I dunno what to tell ya!

Sorry
    nope its in my otterbox but it feels fine. on .99 i could use my soft reset maybe 50 times throughout the day and it wouldnt kill it. ive used the soft reset 3 times and its killing my phone.
    02-12-09 06:50 PM
1,576 ... 2930313233 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD