I find that the Storm Sucks from .75 to .103

Everyone is paying Verizon/RIM $200 bucks for a BETA version phone and you guys are pretty much doing their jobs for them while paying them in the process LOL

The Bold is awsome! If you want a blackberry get the Bold or new Curve...if you want a touchscreen just buy the iPhone
    Oh please...
    1 - It wasn't advertised as a beta product, and it shouldn't be treated as such. As it stands, .75 is stable and functional by smartphone standards, and has an update target date (not written in stone of course).

2 - The people installing the beta OS are doing so because thy want to be on the bleeding edge, and derive fun from poking around in the system. Do you think Sith developed his hybrid method to give back to the RIM devs?

3 - iPhone != Berry. I have issues with AT&T, and I (and many others) prefer the open ecosystem of the Storm/BB OS compared to the locked down totalitarianism of Herr Jobs.

As far as trolls go, I'd say you're a B- at best.
    02-11-09 11:53 PM
    You know the drill............
    .103 is missing Arabic Font Typing along with a few other languages which is a huge disappointment for many international business users that have to send emails in other languages. So I manually added it by copying the following files from .99 to .103

- BlackBerry.alx
    - net_rim_tid_dynamic_ling_data_arabic_eg_45k_2.cod
    - net_rim_tid_dynamic_ling_data_arabic_eg_ltr.cod

- Other than that, I tested out the media player and it seems to work fine and if this is possible, the sound quality seems a little better, not to mention the Recording still works just like .99 did which is great.

- Rotating from Landscape to Portrait seems to be faster.
    - The camera is quicker on the snap however still needs much improvement on the quality since it has the capability.
    - The internet is faster and the Green GO button is still there which is cool.
    - Loading Apps seems to be quicker.
    - Over all its an imporovment
    Last edited by isalhia; 02-11-09 at 11:58 PM.
    02-11-09 11:53 PM
    Just FYI, this doesn't always save all of your third part apps and launchers. I always have to go back and re-install a few OTA. Also make sure your ALX file has an entry for all over the apps that it did back up in in the device switch wizard, I've seen the file be nearly empty even though all the .cod files were there. It's flaky.
    Anyone have a problem with the install losing their BES account? This happened with the upgrade to .99, and I don't want to keep having to go to my IT department for them to re-install my corporate email, as they will get pissed.
    02-11-09 11:57 PM
    original blackberry batt? i was thinking ot get the 2600 what do u say ?
    iam also going to get one of those!!!
    02-12-09 12:00 AM
    Send your service books
    When you say "send service books", do you know which service book applies to the BES email accounts. It would appear the enterprise account has lots of different service books, none of which are clearly labeled.
    02-12-09 12:02 AM
    im having trouble putting the software on my phone, i download it but i cant figure out how to actually install it onto the phone...help?
    02-12-09 12:16 AM
    loading .103 nuked my storm. fixed it now. forgot about admin rights with vista for DM or it wont recognize any new software to load. once i enabled admin rights it was smooth sailing from there.
    02-12-09 12:54 AM
    I notice no difference after the first few hours. I will check for memory leak in the morning. After a battery pull both were 47Mb. The Babylon AD clip is still jerky and the voice isn't sync'ed with the video. This was smooth in .86 and earlier. I will make one correction, I think the browser is a bit quicker.
    02-12-09 01:13 AM
    When are they going to allow the bluetooth with video on the storm?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11 frigging posts from you and none of them on topic!
    WTF.
    Thank you for wasting everyone's time!
    02-12-09 01:22 AM
    So far i've been using the new os for about 6 hours. and my thoughts.
    (keep in mind i did a full wipe before installing .103)

The Lock button is definitely more responsive, i notice that from .99 to .103 there is a huge difference in the time it takes to unlock and lock the phone.

The phone runs smoother, i only did one battery pull after installing all my apps, and restoring my data to the phone and its running like a champ it's a big improvement to .99 and anything before it.and i haven't had to do a battery pull because of the phone locking up and the BBM lock ups haven't happened to me yet

Apps are loading faster for me also, it takes about half the time for slacker to load up as it did with .99.

The keyboard isn't as laggy there still is lag just not as bad, and i noticed with .99 once in a while the keys on the landscape keyboard would look funny (some letters bigger than others etc.) so far i haven't seen that and i have had less errors typing with .103. i think they may have calibrated the digitizer a little better, but that's just me..

Overall i give the .103 Beta a 7.5/10 vs giving .99 a 6/10.

Reason being: Because RIM is still working on the phone which makes me happy i purchased it, it's better to have all these beta's popping up and using them rather than them making you wait for an official release. i think they are addressing more of the obvious issues to the phone, not really concerned about the 3rd party portion of the phone, i see everyone is complaining about different things. i suggest before doing that..run the phone with NO third party software and nothing that RIM hasn't released and im sure it would be a lot more stable, just to see if its doing what you want it to do, its not up to RIM to get 3rd party apps optimized on the storm its the people who make the apps.

Hope this helped anyone reading it..

EDIT: i bought my phone January 23rd 2009, if that helps anyone? i dont know maybe some hardware had bugs with the software vs other hardware running better.
    02-12-09 01:23 AM
    Is anyone having problems with TalkLock on .103? It installs fine but when you are on a call the program no longer works. Let me know if anyone has had this problem and if any one has a work around for it.
    02-12-09 01:41 AM
    Battery life findings so far...had 1 bar down until the low battery beep and that took 2 - 2 1/2 hours and i kept it off the charger for another 2 - 2 1/2 hours and the radio still had not turned off and I was receiving facebook alerts and tweets and checking app mem as well as the wap forums. I'll keep u guys updated.
    Is anyone having problems with TalkLock on .103? It installs fine but when you are on a call the program no longer works. Let me know if anyone has had this problem and if any one has a work around for it.
    No problems here...in fact my install went as smooth as silk, my phone went as if it had never left .75 with all the pros of the new OS.
    been using .103 for a few hours noticed that phone freezes in bbm. i've done 2 battery pulls already because of this.

anyone else have this problem?

oh and when i initially downloaded the OS, it would not restore my phone so i had to manually do that, no big deal though.
    02-12-09 02:13 AM
    Que Pasa Jotas????? Has any1ne downloaded the 9530 OS4.7.0.103 beta yet, & if so what changes or differences have you noticed on the Storm?????? Share the news.....................
    02-12-09 02:13 AM
    Anyone have a problem with the install losing their BES account? This happened with the upgrade to .99, and I don't want to keep having to go to my IT department for them to re-install my corporate email, as they will get pissed.
    Yes, unfortunately this has been my experience after every OS upgrade. Luckily for me, I'm in IT and have the guys expecting me to ask them to reset my account every other week. I now ask them the morning an OS is leaked so they'll have it reset for me by the time I'm ready to DL and install This was the same experience with my previous BB's though too - the 8830 and prior...
    02-12-09 02:19 AM
    Que Pasa Jotas????? Has any1ne downloaded the 9530 OS4.7.0.103 beta yet, & if so what changes or differences have you noticed on the Storm?????? Share the news.....................
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/95...s-only-157285/
    02-12-09 02:20 AM
    Welcome to the forum sk8BoardCrest...Maybe I'm confused by your question, but have you any idea what the topic of this thread is??? If you read through it I'm sure you'll find the answers you're searching for.
    Last edited by mistamista2000; 02-12-09 at 02:22 AM.
    02-12-09 02:20 AM
    When you say "send service books", do you know which service book applies to the BES email accounts. It would appear the enterprise account has lots of different service books, none of which are clearly labeled.
    Much easier to simply ask IT to reset your account. It's <5 minutes of work for them, so if they complain, tell em you'll buy them a Snickers bar for their double-click efforts
    02-12-09 02:22 AM
    Probably has been mentioned, but has anyone else noticed the odd letter placement on the landscape keyboard? Just take a look at the letter F G and I.
    02-12-09 02:24 AM
    Probably has been mentioned, but has anyone else noticed the odd letter placement on the landscape keyboard? Just take a look at the letter F G and I.
    what do you mean?
    02-12-09 02:31 AM
    I have been running .103 for about 6 hours. Everything seems snappier, and i haven't experienced any issues since i installed. I dl'ed the Today theme erlier today when i had .99 still installed on the phone and it lagged. However since i've had .103 i've have had no issues with the theme either. So far i think this is a winner, however since its only been 6 hours i'm crossing my fingers. Memory has been fluctuating between 38-52 mb.

3rd Party Apps installed: Instango, Vymail, Stormstat, Quick Pull, gcalc, youtube, poynt, file manger pro, weatherbug, and tiltris
    02-12-09 02:32 AM
    three bat pulls and still no browser
    02-12-09 02:43 AM

PUTO!!!!!!!!!
    02-12-09 02:44 AM
    PUTO!!!!!!!!!
    That's not nice...I was gonna be a smart @$$ but i saw he was new...and I sorta still am too...not everyone can have common sense...but cut him a little slack. :-) just kidding, all in good fun :-)
    02-12-09 02:47 AM
1,576 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD