I haven't been using any other beta's I have been on .75 but I can finally say that the charging lightning bolt disappears when it hits 100% now lets see how long the battery life is
    02-11-09 06:26 PM
    Oh and I also am having SIM Card issues. After install (and roughly 4-5 reboots that I conducted using QuickPull) the phone doesn't recognize my SIM card any longer. Its not a huge issue but shouldn't even be an issue from the get go. Wonder how many more builds its going to take before RIM actually sow's up all the issues that 9530 has???? Starting to get sick of seeing one issue repaired only to find 2 more issues arise...

I understand that these OS's are beta/leaked and were never intended for the general publics eyes, but if this is all they have to show from .99...im not impressed. Not that dramatic of a change, and if anything the same issues that plagued .99 plague .103.
    02-11-09 06:27 PM
    I can't tell if it's already been mentioned, but pictures load much faster in .103 as compared to .99. They're as fast as they were on .86 or .90.
    Is this normal, am I dumb, or both.

Every time I load a new O.S. I gotta reload all of my BBM contacts...it's a pain in the ***.
    I know some users reported that they are still expiercing the color depth issue. But what exactly is the "color depth issue" Can some one explain? What does it look like? I dont get it.
    02-11-09 06:29 PM
    as far as I can tell.. the radio code in .103 is even worse than the one in .99

i cant get anything more than 2 bars of 1X service in my house, and I normally get a full set of 1XEV bars
    02-11-09 06:31 PM
    Okay so Im on the dell laptop in the household and just backed up my phone. I am now going to attempt to install it! Cross your fingers for me!! I will let know you know =p
    02-11-09 06:31 PM
    It's a findings only thread... It's not a say that you are going to test it and come back thread.

.103 is much more stable than .99. I haven't had that annoying typing freeze I would get in the SMS/MMS messages that I used to get. We'll see what happens after a few more days of play. So far, everything seems to be the same (functionality wise).

as far as I can tell.. the radio code in .103 is even worse than the one in .99

i cant get anything more than 2 bars of 1X service in my house, and I normally get a full set of 1XEV bars
    I'll have to disagree. While it still has problems, I've noticed that I get better service now than before. .99 had many download freezes.

I know some users reported that they are still expiercing the color depth issue. But what exactly is the "color depth issue" Can some one explain? What does it look like? I dont get it.
    You'll notice bands around the highlighted icons and on some pictures. It's like taking Windows from 32bit color to 16bit.
    Last edited by Shadow.xXx; 02-11-09 at 06:37 PM.
    02-11-09 06:32 PM
    Okay so Im on the dell laptop in the household and just backed up my phone. I am now going to attempt to install it! Cross your fingers for me!! I will let know you know =p
    You will do it without any problems...
    02-11-09 06:34 PM
    i dont like this rls

off it goes
    02-11-09 06:37 PM
    okay shadow.xxx calm down, is it really that big of a deal? It's an internet forum thread, not something to get all worked up about. I dont think one tiny little post is going to ruin your reading experience.
    Thanks for all the help leo.brazuca!
    Upgraded from Sith's hybrid #3 - so far so good - quick install.

Contrary to what other have posted - GPS works fine. WeatherBug works fine.

Seems speedy and little or no keyboard lag - non bold on keybard layout (which I don't mind)

Browser seems fastest yet.

Still no BT for movies

Fix that last one and we are looking good.
    So far, I'm finding .103 to be the best yet.

I am seeing some 'color gradient' on some icons, but I think they may have done this to speed up processing and reduce memory load. This doesn't bother me, the icons are still clear and fully identifiable, and pictures (media) have no problem at all.

I've had initial phone coverage issues with every new load, but after doing a *228 (1) and *228 (2), then sending service books and updating the host routing tables, those problems went away.

After upgrading, (which I did while connected to my corp network using DM 4.7 fully hands-off and allowing the Storm to "Activate" on the BES without interrupting it) all 3rd party applications came back into service, only locally applied 'configs' had to be redone. I did have to do a 'batpull' to get WeatherBug to allow me to edit, but probably should have done one anyhow.

This just might be the "golden load" - from my standpoint.
    02-11-09 06:38 PM
    MODS!!! PLEASE delete any non-findings posts from this thread - including this one once you read it.

There's simply no need to read through 20 pages of BS posts to get to the REAL findings.

Wake up people, post FINDINGS here, not progress reports.
    02-11-09 06:40 PM
    Anyone having issues with the phone randomly rebooting to the Verizon logo? It seems to be soft resetting itself... not sure if it's me hitting the button or what.

Btw, the phone lock is reeaaally laggy, still. Don't suggest using it.
    02-11-09 06:42 PM
    What is "3D Storm" Is that a theme? Or a application?
    02-11-09 06:43 PM
    Wiped and Installed.... Has anyone does this for this OS and what have you been dealt?
    02-11-09 06:48 PM
    how do i get my browser back. Help.
    02-11-09 06:50 PM
    I had a lockup while watching a movie and using the "back" key.

I was able to recreate twice... anyone else confirm?
    02-11-09 06:50 PM
    movie lock up & back key confirmed here... but I forgot to reboot my Storm after my install... rebooted and its been fine now - I haven't duplicated again yet.

Voice notes are back - nice!
    02-11-09 06:58 PM
    Watching Video and hitting back key was fine for me. Overall a good build, but not that much improvement for me over .99
    02-11-09 06:59 PM
    Keyboards still GRAINY???
    02-11-09 07:00 PM
    This is a first for me so I don't know if it is .103 or not.

I have a message:
    Application Downloads or admin changes require device to reboot for approx 2 minutes. Device inoperable for voice, data and 911 while rebooting. Notice 1 of 5.

(with two buttons: REBOOT NOW/REBOOT LATERZ)

and: Automatic reboot in 10 minutes if no selection made.

(OK I was kidding about "laterz" but it does say everything else.)

Is this new or just new to me?
    02-11-09 07:01 PM
    Been out of the country since .86 - can anyone confirm that bluetooth stereo works in media/video with .103?

Thanks,
    02-11-09 07:03 PM
    Been out of the country since .86 - can anyone confirm that bluetooth stereo works in media/video with .103?

Thanks,
    BT works with audio, but not video for me. Hasn't worked with video for me since .86
    02-11-09 07:06 PM
1,576 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD