Hi All,

I please need your advice. I bought a Storm 2 about 2 months ago. LOVE the phone. Everything i could have wished for. Came across from a HTC.

Thing is. it started crashing on me- freezing for no apparent reason, spontaneous reboots, cannot keep signal, battery life less than 6 hours, unable to end a call when one is placed, unable to answer a call, screen getting stuck in the down position... with many more.

I went to see my service provider last week and they mentioned to me that Blackberry had an issue with the "1st batch" and that mine was amoung these. I was given a new unit and told that if i liked i could opt for a 9700. Didn't want it. I love the large screen and the larger capacity internal memory.

Just plain love the phone. Thing is... here's the winner... the new one has started rebooting spontaneously and loosing signal all the time!!!

What do i do ? Please advise.... do i call it a day and go for the 9700 or just leave berry altogether and go for G-D help me..... an I-Phone?

Please help

thanks
    04-21-10 11:04 AM
    If you ask me, if you do a battery pull and reinstalled the OS and the same problem persists, take the replacement offer or live with an iPhone. It could well be a hardware fault.
    04-21-10 11:53 AM
    I would defiantly try reinstalling the os. I have NEVER heard anyone with this problem, let alone twice. What apps did you install?

My guess would be an app.
    04-21-10 11:57 AM
    Are you reloading your apps from a backup source?
    04-21-10 12:16 PM
    Are you reloading your apps from a backup source?
    Good thinking. If one of the apps is corrupting your phone it could b as simple as uninstalling said app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-10 12:43 PM
    got to be something you are running on the phone if its doing the same thing.
    04-21-10 04:30 PM
    Hi there,

thanks for all the replies.

The new phone is Virgin. NO apps installed ? i considered it, and decided to see how it faired without anything loaded???? There must be an issue if Blackberry have placed a local recall on the first batch ??
    04-22-10 02:24 AM
    May I ask which OS you're running and which provider you're using?
    04-22-10 04:56 AM
    hi there,

OS is V 5.0.0.436 on Vodacom SA
    04-22-10 05:02 AM
    Would you mind to upgrade to a newer OS first before you dump your Storm2? The current latest official OS for your 9520 and Vodacom SA is 5.0.0.497.
    Even though this OS is a bit buggy, but way better than .436.
    If you're really daring and want to use a pretty solid OS try the 5.0.0.580 from Vodafone Egypt.
    If you need assistance, let us know.
    04-22-10 05:14 AM
    Hi Andiah,

Many many thanks for the help. I LOVE this phone and do not want to get anything else.... so i will try anything,

thanks again
    04-22-10 05:47 AM
    There must be an issue if Blackberry have placed a local recall on the first batch ??
    BlackBerry never issued a formal recall for the S2!

And the "fix" only addresses screen clicking issues, nothing to do with random reboots.
    04-22-10 02:46 PM
    well Fnord,

My SP filled out a RECALL form from Blackberry with regards to the Storm 2 i have. The blackberry store i went to in fact told me to go directly to my sp to get the phone replaced or to chose a 9700 if i no longer wanted the S2....

So....
    04-23-10 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD