I'm having an issue with a 9500 which won't boot (507 error, LED flashing, reboot cycle) and which I can't reload the OS on using the resident "How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry" guide.

After the initial "unknown device" appears and I click next I get an error about Apploader not being able to connect. Any ideas how I can get around that? I've also tried JL Commander with no luck. Have the latest version of Desktop Manager and BB OS installed, Win 7 x64 and no SIM is in the device if that makes a difference. Any thoughts are much appreciated!
    06-10-10 01:35 AM
    if you're getting "unknown device"; it isnt a hardware prob. you arent following the steps properly i suppose. now do this...
    1 - connect phone.
    2 - run JDcmd. select wipe phone. disconnect device.
    3 - run loader.exe(c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader)
    * be sure you delete vendor file before running
    4 - before clicking next, do a battery pull. moment you get a red flashing light, plugin the device back in, click next & again next (this has to be done fast before the light goes off)
    5 - it connects to jvm and sh**! let it happen...then OS update shows up. thats it, click next
    06-10-10 03:44 AM
    Thanks. By JDcmd, do you mean JL Cmder or what is it? Google was not my friend in this instance.

To run JL Cmder on a x64 OS I follow these instructions:
    1) go to the run and open 2 cmd windows
    2) in the first go to the dir with jl commander (mine was c:\program files (x86)\JL_cmder)
    3) type javaloader
    4) now expand that window so you can see all the command line paramerers
    5) go to the other window and go to that directory and use the command lines you want. To wipe it's: javaloader -u wipe

Unfortuantely the -u wipe command results in the error "Connecting to device...debug: COM error during Open: (0x80040001). Error: unable to open port".

Thanks
    06-10-10 04:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD