I e-mailed the seller - they are NOT -- repeat, NOT -- in stock. I asked him to send me some pictures of the phone. Here is his reply:

"No I don�t sorry my supplier has shipped them to me and I have a trucking number and they are on the way for me to receive them in couple of days.

- tironc99"

Sounds pretty fishy to me.
    I'm calling major BS on this one.
    09-14-08 01:32 PM
    There is yet another Thunder up for sale. And this one says the release date is Oct. 8th......

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Item #110289557608
    09-14-08 02:21 PM
    There is yet another Thunder up for sale. And this one says the release date is Oct. 8th......

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Item #110289557608
    Haha......$1,555 for Buy It Now
    09-14-08 02:28 PM
    Haha......$1,555 for Buy It Now
    Lol. Tell me about it. I was mostly mentioning it because of the speculated release date.
    09-14-08 02:31 PM
    I don't know if you can say CX and I'm not looking for a date but rather is the release date info you are privy to? Or your company? Or will it be a surprise to you as well? And you are completely welcome to entirely ignore the inquiry, of course.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-08 02:36 PM
    Well I am wanting this phone and willing to pay good money for it, but.....
    not gonna pay for a phone he doesn't have. I also emailed him and this is the response that I got from him:

Dear sarfrazfamily,

Hi Sara,
    You are correct in that we do not yet have the Thunder. We have a Vodafone shop in the UK, this is where we will get them from, our Vodafone product rep. has stated that the product launch is set aprox for 30 Sept 2008. She also has stated that the UK version will be the only one to include Quad band GSM, allowing use in the states. Once the shop receives the product they will ship them stateside and we will ship them out immediately after we unlock and verify operation here. Should it not work we are promptly refunding all monies. I am not sure if it will work on the Telus as that is a PCS & EVDO network and am only knowledgeable with GSM.

Mike

- tx362
    09-14-08 09:58 PM
    At least they are being honest about having them and knowing where they might and might not work.

09-14-08 10:06 PM
    I also wanted to add that on the ebay auction that he has it says on there that he doesn't have the phone. I wanted him to verify that with me as well though.
    09-14-08 10:12 PM
    Since we've seen what the phone actually looks like, I surprised to see that they're still using past mockup pictures.
    09-14-08 10:48 PM
    I really want Rev. A. I will be disappointed if it remains Rev. O. This would diminish both tethering and browser speed which I am looking forward to most.
    09-15-08 08:24 AM
    I'm slowly wearingout the update key at vzw.com/storm.
    09-15-08 08:55 AM
    Exclusive to Verizon in the US but available to Telus in Canada.

Simple. Buy one from Telus and get it unlocked then use it on Rogers.
    09-15-08 05:10 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD