Does 4.7.0.106 stereo bluetooth work while watching videos? The 9530 betas do not but am considering moving to a 9500 or trying the hybrid approach to fix this on my 9530 but don't want to bother if I can't watch a video using my stereo bluetooth headset.

Thanks in advance. I didn't find the answer to this in any of the other postings.
    Last edited by sibion; 02-16-09 at 02:06 PM.
    02-16-09 01:41 PM
    please make sure that you put a question mark on your thread title so people like me know this is a question and not a statement ... gave my hopes up going into this thread
    02-16-09 01:54 PM
    Does 4.7.0.106 stereo bluetooth work while watching videos? The 9530 betas do not but am considering moving to a 9500 or trying the hybrid approach to fix this on my 9530 but don't want to bother if I can't watch a video using my stereo bluetooth headset.

Thanks in advance. I didn't find the answer to this in any of the other postings.
    Holy Crap,
    Am I the only one super tired of this question? I mean really, how bad do you really need to have stereo B-Tooth while watching movies?? I understand stereo B-Tooth with music so when you are moving around...no cords. But you are not going to be running a 10k while watching a movie, or while on the stair climber at the local 24hr Fitness!!....ok ok, you say, I have this $130 stereo B-Tooth already and I want to just switch between music and then a movie with the B-tooth. My Lord, get over it and grab the corded ones that came with your berry. They are fine for the time being (RIM will get it working) and quit wasting all out time with stupid posts about a function 5% of us may ever use 2% of the time!!

nuff said...
    02-16-09 03:17 PM
    Holy Crap,
    Am I the only one super tired of this question? I mean really, how bad do you really need to have stereo B-Tooth while watching movies?? I understand stereo B-Tooth with music so when you are moving around...no cords. But you are not going to be running a 10k while watching a movie, or while on the stair climber at the local 24hr Fitness!!....
    Simple: While I've never asked the BT/video question here at CB, I like BT for movies because I travel quite a bit and having only one headset to carry around is more convenient. The same headphone works for calls, music and video. However, your compelling argument has me reconsidering my views. I am now beginning to see that BT for video is utterly useless.
    02-16-09 03:31 PM
    Holy Crap,
    Am I the only one super tired of this question? I mean really, how bad do you really need to have stereo B-Tooth while watching movies?? I understand stereo B-Tooth with music so when you are moving around...no cords. But you are not going to be running a 10k while watching a movie, or while on the stair climber at the local 24hr Fitness!!....ok ok, you say, I have this $130 stereo B-Tooth already and I want to just switch between music and then a movie with the B-tooth. My Lord, get over it and grab the corded ones that came with your berry. They are fine for the time being (RIM will get it working) and quit wasting all out time with stupid posts about a function 5% of us may ever use 2% of the time!!

nuff said...
    Thanks, you wasted more time ranting than it would have taken to ignore the thread all together. The question was asked in other threads but never answered. It seems that sometimes for such a specific question creating a new thread is necessary.

A plea to all those that get early versions of beta and start the findings threads or report on the benefits of new betas:

include BT with video on the list so we can accomodate dmcgroggan3 and stop asking explicity.

BTW, there are hundreds of thousands of questions asked in a community like this that only apply to 5% or less of the population. Get used to it or get out...it is that simple.

For the rest of you, thank you for being helpful.
    02-16-09 04:10 PM
    Holy Crap,

nuff said...
    Geez calm down. I travel and watch movies on my Storm all the time, it would be nice to just be able to use ONE pair of headphones and not half to bring the wired set as well.

Take a pill, it was a ridiculously VALID question, one that I am very interested in myself.

Lame.

So basically we still don't have answer, but thanks for the rant.
    02-16-09 04:43 PM
    I see dmcgroggan3's point about the BT video. I too am tired of reading post after post after post asking if BT video works with every new OS leak. It's basically getting to the point where at the beginning of every findings thread, there has to be a post about whether BT video works or not because everyone knows the question is coming.
    02-16-09 05:43 PM
    Yeah and when it's fixed nobody will ask anymore. I don't see why anyone would be angry about a valid question. It's funny, people ask about the color issue, the MMS issue, why shouldn't they? Those seem to be the few remaining bugs that we all keep finding, it would be nice to know if they've been resolved or not.
    02-16-09 06:40 PM
    Holy Crap,

nuff said...
    Moron. Just because bt with vid isn't that important to you does not mean its not to someone else.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 06:43 PM
    Alright, I am going to ask for a cease and decist on all bashing on this thread. It is off topic and probably detering those that know from answering the initial question.

If someone smarter than me could answer the question and put an end to the insanity it would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone.
    02-16-09 06:45 PM
    Sibion I put the .106 hybrid on my 9530 and BT still doesn't work with video. Bummer.
    02-16-09 10:06 PM
    this is disappointing
    02-16-09 11:53 PM
    As a "real" 9500 user I thought I would clear this one up... I am using .106 and can confirm that bluetooth headphones DO NOT work with video. When the media player opens for audio I get a bluetooth symbol on the volume bar. When I switch to video, audio is output from the speaker and the volume control has no bluetooth symbol present. Sorry!
    02-17-09 03:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD