02-23-09 05:25 PM
157 ... 34567
tools
    All seems okay so far.

I do find it a worry that they have had to reduce the colour depth of the os. Does this mean that they screwed up with what the spec of the hardware can handle?
    I am guessing that that is not the case. I find my phone with .106 to lag just as often as it did with .100 and the stuff before. Often times I have to turn the phone a couple of times and the lag/hang will go away. Sometimes its just like the phone doesn't respond to touches anymore. Not even with menu selection bars redrawing themselves. But when I turn the phone, then they do again. Strange....
    02-13-09 05:19 PM
    am i missing something here, i installed 106 a couple of days ago and it is soooo slow, does anyone know haow i can take it back to the previous software.
    G'damnit.... go read a bit I would say. The time it took you to register and post that question... You could have gotten an answer to your question and be up and running already.

I love to be helpful, really..... but not if you yourself do not want to put in one letter of effort. I feel the sentiment on the forum is starting to grow in that department too. Rightfully so. There are stickies and 101's for a reason you know....
    02-13-09 05:22 PM
    After trying .106 for nearly three days I relented and went back to .100 and I couldn't be happier.

.106 had lag issues, HORRIBLE battery life, poor colour depth (c'mon guys, you've got the best screen in the business - DON'T HOBBLE IT!) and HUGE memory leak issues.

Back on .100 and I'm happier. As I said in an earlier post, .106 seems 'fragile' and I think that's from the memory leak issue.

To the developers, good try but NO BINGO.
    02-13-09 07:29 PM
    Had .106 running for about 24hrs now. It is the best os so far in terms of speh.
    Totally agree! Its by far the fastest. The decrease in colour depth doesn't really bother me though. The browser is a little faster and the keyboard animation doesn't lag as much.

Overall very pleased.
    02-13-09 08:16 PM
    i've been running .106 for only one day and it looks great.....great battery life, nice speed, camera works nice, all very good.....the only thing that is not working for me....is that when i lock my phone and hold de silent button it does nothing....does anyone have the same problem??? can someone tell me how to solve this??? THX

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 10:06 PM
    103 was giving me problems with my phone locking after having it in the holster. I switched back .99. Its a tad bit slower, but it doesn't glitch nearly as much.
    02-13-09 10:32 PM
    Best OS ever, this phone for the first time since i have it starts looking like a GOOD phone!!
    Still have a lot to do but they are on the good way!^^
    02-14-09 04:07 AM
    does anyone else notice a "breaking up" of the icons when scrolling?? mine seem to go fuzzy.??
    02-14-09 04:10 AM
    Everything is fine with my Storm now. The best OS Ive ever had (except Siths Hybrid). Only need one BP per day, unbelievable fast, great browser aso...

But the battery life has to be improved.
    02-14-09 04:19 AM
    .106 is the fastest os so far. It is snappier all around. Navigation through the menu is very smooth. Camera takes pictures faster.
    Full qwerty in portrait available now (did not exist in .100). 3G seams to operate faster.

The only issue I had was when I start the youtube app it goes in fullscreen, navigation bars disappear, and I can't bring them back up or cancel playback. No buttons work. The only way to fix this is to do a battery pull

02-14-09 05:16 AM
    With every new leak we hear "snappier". You'd have thought the phone would have snapped in half by now. That term has become so trite at this point.

02-14-09 05:40 AM
    Another quick update:

Battery life not as good
    Signal seems more erratic - seem to lose BB connection frequently in 3G
    No Youtube menu bars
    Video playback jerky - battery pull partly fixed it but still pretty jerky
    Memory leaks VERY quickly
    Seems to get pretty laggy generally after a day or so. Battery pulls help but shouldn't need to do this

02-14-09 05:46 AM
    my storm isnt going to stand by any more, backlight stays on and battery drains fast !

can anyone confirm ?

greez fire
    Last edited by firefoxy; 02-14-09 at 08:44 AM.
    02-14-09 06:56 AM
    From what I've read here, most people tried version .100 and .106 but skipped .90 which was snappy, had qwerty in portrait mode, and it was more stable and reliable than these later versions.
    02-14-09 07:32 AM
    This thing is killing my battery, it has never been particularly good but it's getting demolished by this OS!

Also would it be possible to get some accelerometer options on future OS? even just to chose which screens you want it to go to landscape, for example not to have it go landscape on the homescreen or menu, but to allow it to do so when you're on the web when having it in landscape is important.

Just feel this would get rid of alot of peoples issues with de-holstering (if there is such a word!) and the screen being in the wrong orientation. Also would this help with batt. life? (and yes I have looked at all the forums about batt life improvement!)
    02-14-09 07:54 AM
    Update since the beginning of the thread as had for several days:

Still lightening fast, not hung up once! no issues with battery drain

GOOD TIMES
    02-14-09 01:20 PM
    installed .106 from .90
    no problems at all with anything.
    stable, fast everything working perfectly.
    no hang ups, crashes batt pulls. nothing.
    phone is sooo good i will not bother with anyother leaks as, as far as my unit is concerned, this is it.
    this is the 9500 storm as you all want it to be.

long may it last !!
    02-14-09 05:41 PM
    Another quick update:

Battery life not as good
    Signal seems more erratic - seem to lose BB connection frequently in 3G
    No Youtube menu bars
    Video playback jerky - battery pull partly fixed it but still pretty jerky
    Memory leaks VERY quickly
    Seems to get pretty laggy generally after a day or so. Battery pulls help but shouldn't need to do this
    One starts to wonder if some of the Blackberry's Vodafone are distributing just happen to kinda suck, as while everyone else seems to be talking about great improvements, it seems you and I are suffering the same

Although on reading this topic through some more, it's hard to believe people are saying this is a "really great" release when they've still seen crashes/lock ups, and someone else noting "only needing one battery pull per day". That hardly seems "really great", at least from my point of view, in much the same way saying "oh yea, my PC randomly crashes once or twice and still needs restarted every day" is never going to be followed up with "but it's really great!!!"

I hope to see the day when lock ups/battery pulls/memory leaks are only need for waaaayyy less people. It's been out since November. Between their own testing, and everyone else's testing, how long is needed to release something where the phone itself doesn't freeze up, have memory leaks, or need battery pulls pretty regularly? It doesn't really strike you as perfect, does it?
    Last edited by Syrius; 02-14-09 at 11:30 PM.
    02-14-09 11:09 PM
    Ive used it all from .76 up til now
    i see small improvements here and there, but what the heck! the phone HAS been out since november and theres STILL problems!?!?

im using the 9500 on the rogers network (non 3g due to the frequency)
    my signals fine, battery is alright, but the thing keeps freezing, its slow at times.

i havent really found a "stable" build as of yet
    02-15-09 02:15 AM
    Now im no Memory Leak Junkie but 106 loses it amazingly fast. I have to do a batt pull everyday which is pretty gash.

It was soooo slow this morning and when I checked, it had 200kb of memory left.

Apart from that im happy with it.
    02-15-09 07:37 AM
    Hello, i dont know if this an issue only for me... since i installed 106 the phone cant id the numbers calling, i mean... i someone on my contacts call me the name dont come out :S

is there any way to fix this??
    02-15-09 08:51 AM
    It works great for me... The name come out without problems...
    I rather prefer the 4.7.0.100 who was for me a better release as the 4.7.0.106
    02-15-09 09:01 AM
    the only problem i have is, when typing sms email or what ever, the letters randomly change to capital letters. anyone else noticed this yet
    02-15-09 01:27 PM
    Hi All,
    Best stable version to date on my Storm.

- Spanish and Catalan language ( I needed that )

- My battery now charge to full and the yellow bolt finally disapears (no endeles charging) with normal Charger and USB PC cable.

- Camera Improved a lot.

- Menus more speedy and less laggy.

- More responsivines and speed when typing.

- Still odd problems with Viigo (can't add more cities in the weather channel and can't ad US Dollar to currency channel)

- No battery Pull in 3 days (my personal record)
    Last edited by SpeedyGonsales; 02-15-09 at 04:53 PM.
    02-15-09 04:30 PM
    well whats the verdict people...ive got .100 installed and the memory issues people are having are concerning me...because for me to do one batt pull I actually have to do 3...as my service books dont get picked up after the first two...can take up to 20 minutes to get up and running again...
    02-15-09 06:46 PM
157 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD