i think Talk Lock has huge memory leaks, it did on Storm ..so try uninstalling that and see how it goes for half a day
    02-12-09 06:19 AM
    Use a little stick or something like a cotton ear bud (anything that will fit into the earphone jack) and twirl it around the earphone jack while making a call.. there is a little swith in there that u will eventually activate and the phone will realise there is no headphone insterted. I had the same prob with the another update and this worked.

Cheers for that,will sure try that tonite...!!
    02-12-09 06:25 AM
    So far seems good - can tell there is something changed in the colour but still looks good

Locking and unlocking the phone with the lock key is very very quick
    02-12-09 06:55 AM
    So whats the overall verdict then? From what I am readinf it is faster than .100, signal seems about, battery drains quicker?
    02-12-09 07:38 AM
    Initial findings from fairly limited use so far:

Way faster all round when compared to .87, which was a big improvement on .78. Accelerometer is easily as good (better?) than the iPhone and I have seen no lag whatsoever. Ditto for typing.

Portrait QWERTY: my first time with this as .90 bricked my phone. Looks small but is surprisingly effective.

Browser performs very well indeed.

Voice Notes do save and can be seen in folders.

You Tube seems to work OK with no hitches.

No issues using phone.

Memory leak - does seem to leak faster than .87, but not sure yet if the overall loss is worse yet. I've gone from 42MB to 35MB within a few hours and a couple of blasts on the browser.
    Home screen and menu icon colours are not as strong as they were, which is a pity but not absolutely critical for me.

Battery life - too soon to say.

Signal: not sure yet as I think VF network has been acting up where I am, but switching from 3G to 2G MIGHT be a little off, plus getting BB symbol on 3G was a little patchy first thing. Too soon to call now, but I'll keep an eye on it.

That's about it for now. Like some other posters, mine is a business phone and I need reliability, which is why I have downgraded back to .87 from other releases as I have found this the most stable and best performing. I am really hoping this one is OK because the speed overall is where this phone should be at.
    Quick update on memory leak: since dropped to 30MB, so seems to be bottomoing out where the other releases (official and unofficial) seem to end up....
    02-12-09 07:40 AM
    So whats the overall verdict then? From what I am readinf it is faster than .100, signal seems about, battery drains quicker?
    Haggis - from what I've seen this is about right. Battery and signal seem to be OK so far, and mem leak seems to be similar to other OSs but leaks faster, if that makes sense.

At the moment I think it's the best OS I've tried out of all of them bar .90. BUT I'm reserving judgement for a few days as initially I thought .100 seemed OK (albeit not huge step up from .87), and then things started acting up, so I downgraded again.

Will post an update after the wekeend.
    02-12-09 07:45 AM
    Installed the OS everything works fine and just seems faster, ive noticed the lock button is different. Push it once it locks your phone and to unlock it you have to hold it down for a few seconds or tap it twice. Nice touch cause i always seem to accidently unlock it, not now.
    Last edited by StoneOver; 02-12-09 at 08:09 AM.
    02-12-09 08:06 AM
    I think you made that up, mine locks in the exact same way as before (one push) - wish they would change that though...

106 defo seems faster than 100 to me...

Oh and yay first post, hi etc
    02-12-09 09:05 AM
    Maybe it is just lag then, but if you tap it twice seems to unlock a lot faster almost instant!
    02-12-09 09:09 AM
    Since i have upgraded, my work e-mail dissapared (BES) and the Wireless Upgrade menu also went missing!

Anyone know why ?

Did you reactivate your BB in the BES Server ?
    02-12-09 09:18 AM
    had it runnign all day and so far the best update, much slicker and quicker.

i find the potrait qwerty keyboard works quiet well even with the small keys.

in browser when you type in a full url the return key turns to a go key with a green highlight, not noticed that before but may have been there.
    02-12-09 10:13 AM
    had it runnign all day and so far the best update, much slicker and quicker.

i find the potrait qwerty keyboard works quiet well even with the small keys.

in browser when you type in a full url the return key turns to a go key with a green highlight, not noticed that before but may have been there.
    What he said !
    02-12-09 10:34 AM
    I agree, Storm is working great since upgrading. Would have been a lot more Storm owners had this firware been launched when the Storm launched

Credit where credits due though RIM!

I can see this being an official release. No major bugs at all
    02-12-09 10:46 AM
    I have to agree, this is the best update so far, everything just seems much more snappier.
    02-12-09 10:58 AM
    I have a 9530 I will trade for a curve. I cant stand this unstable expensive brick.
    02-12-09 11:13 AM
    After using all day playing with themes/apps as forum has gone wild,

70% battery from 8am this morning until 5.20pm few calls, lots of emails, odd txt

only thing is memory is down to 7mb, does this actually make a difference?
    02-12-09 11:19 AM
    I have a 9530 I will trade for a curve. I cant stand this unstable expensive brick.
    Because this belongs in a OS discussion findings thread? lol
    02-12-09 11:21 AM
    Because this belongs in a OS discussion findings thread? lol
    Works for Palm and can't get the Pre for another 3 months...
    02-12-09 11:32 AM
    after a day on .106...i have been really-really satisfied with this OS. quicker, snappier, more stable...and what more? seems quite perfect except for the obviously reduced colour saturation. i don't know why the OS developer did this...hopefully next official OS will return the beautiful colour of our storms.

no batterry pull since upgraded...and no vsod...no self reboot as well. so pretty good so far.

other than that...we'll see for a couple more days.

cheers
    02-12-09 11:40 AM
    Yes the best so far

Been using it all day made calls, used bluetooth and emails and battery is still at 75% - lot beter
    02-12-09 12:37 PM
    I have just installed without wipeing before and without problems during instalation, and after I restored backup, the wallpaper doesn't fit anymore...it is bigger than the screen, although when I enter media, the resolution seems fine.I never had to adjust the size before, to set up a wallpaper, the phone did that for me.any ideeas how to make the picture fit the screen ?
    02-12-09 01:04 PM
    My Fellow users,

Another report.... (about the functionality)

- recorded voicenotes are visable after saving!!
    - speed, functionality good
    - Camera bar transparant (missed it in .100) and saves photo's without
    problems. (or need to zoom first)
    - Media, music plays, stops when I received a call, continued after hanging
    up.
    - Signal same as .90 .99 and .100 (for me)
    - Memory Leak.... More than bevore, after a days use went down to 22MB?!
    don't know what's up with that?
    - 3rd apps work very well, like - GMaps,Talk
    - Opera
    - Youtube still hangs after traying to login
    ( Battery Pull was required!!)
    - Weather Eye
    - Viigo

- Bleutooth works better with my Parrot BT Carkit.
    - Battery usage is more or less the same as in .90 and .99 (for me)
    - Opera browser seems quicker than bevore, and the standard more or less
    the same as in. 90 and .99

Didn't had time to run some themes on this baby, but will try in a few hours..

Perhaps the coluor dept is there to improve some speed???....

Overall I am very happy with this release, will see about the Memory leak tomorrow..
    02-12-09 01:57 PM
    I have just installed without wipeing before and without problems during instalation, and after I restored backup, the wallpaper doesn't fit anymore...it is bigger than the screen, although when I enter media, the resolution seems fine.I never had to adjust the size before, to set up a wallpaper, the phone did that for me.any ideeas how to make the picture fit the screen ?
    Are you a windows or mac user???
    02-12-09 02:01 PM
    Damned fast firmware Great.But this my first time flashing berry to leak Firm.After i have restore my options.I�ve some questions!Where can i restore 3rd apps?And must i recieve all service books new?Or is this done with restore date?

Many Thx

Sorry for bad english :/
    02-12-09 02:11 PM
    Sad to hear that You experience trouble but after reading all the threads concerning .106 it seems to be a more individual problem.
    Apart from my camera issue which could be an sd-card problem since it occurs when saving the picture, I don't believe I am having any more problems than anyone else, I'm just not as easily impressed as some of the more desperate (and in-denial) members of this forum.

If 106 is the best RIM can manage in 3 months, well..
    02-12-09 02:15 PM
157 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD