pray you drive one of those cars with ONSTAR service lol
    03-01-09 07:25 PM
    #1 - I love how everyone on this forum can gang up on a poster when they're seriously asking a SERIOUS question.

#2 - Regarding the phone becoming a projectile during a collision...what about if it's in your pocket?

#3 - I do believe that a good majority of Storm users are on this, or a similar forum, which means we are most likely ALL aware of what can happen with this phone. Everyone SHOULD be warned though when they buy the phone that since it's relatively new technology, there WILL be issues with the phone that may prevent them from dialing 911 in an emergency situation.

#4 - Although I'm a true believer that when you spend a larger dollar amount (like $200) on a phone, it should be 100% solid and you shouldn't have to pay for anything else to make it function properly, I reference back to #3 where we KNOW what problems occur before we actually made the purchase of the phone, and the idea of equipping your vehicle with an emergency backup prepaid phone is a GREAT idea. Especially since you can get one in the $20-$30 ballpark.

To sum it up- we all know what can happen, and unfortunately in this situation having the latest/greatest might possibly be a sacrifice for reliability- so it is up to our own selves to be prepared. $30 on a backup phone can mean the difference between life and death.
    03-01-09 07:52 PM
    Funny Stuff.

Usually the 911 system does get dozens of calls immediately after an accident still. I work for a Fire Dept, and just about every incident they get several calls.

You call 911 because your car was broken into??? Why? What emergency was there to deal with? You needed to make a report, not have an emergency.

911 is for emergencies. Someone is in your house, you are having a medical emergency, your house is on fire, etc. There is no 100% way to contact 911. Batteries die, criminals cut wires, etc. We can what-if it to death (so to speak).

If your storm won't dial 911, use another phone, yell for help, flag down help. Just like everyone else does.
    03-01-09 08:06 PM
    I'm curious. I was involved in a fender bender earlier in the year. Nothing serious, I just wanted to file a police report for insurance purposes. Do you call 911 in that situation?
    03-01-09 08:27 PM

this is what you would do.

ps. the guy might be referring to if he was about to get raped and needed to call, he never mention anything about a automobile accident.
    Last edited by Trulove12; 03-01-09 at 08:44 PM.
    03-01-09 08:42 PM
    Haha, nice.
    03-03-09 09:32 AM
    I'm not trying to be condescending, but what would some one do if their storm got busted up in an accident and needed to call 911.
    Huh........confused.....?????.......you would do the same with any cell phone.....yell for help or pray somebody sees you......do you think the BB Storm is supposed to be crash proof.
    03-03-09 09:50 AM
    #1 - I love how everyone on this forum can gang up on a poster when they're seriously asking a SERIOUS question.

#2 - Regarding the phone becoming a projectile during a collision...what about if it's in your pocket?

#3 - I do believe that a good majority of Storm users are on this, or a similar forum, which means we are most likely ALL aware of what can happen with this phone. Everyone SHOULD be warned though when they buy the phone that since it's relatively new technology, there WILL be issues with the phone that may prevent them from dialing 911 in an emergency situation.

#4 - Although I'm a true believer that when you spend a larger dollar amount (like $200) on a phone, it should be 100% solid and you shouldn't have to pay for anything else to make it function properly, I reference back to #3 where we KNOW what problems occur before we actually made the purchase of the phone, and the idea of equipping your vehicle with an emergency backup prepaid phone is a GREAT idea. Especially since you can get one in the $20-$30 ballpark.

To sum it up- we all know what can happen, and unfortunately in this situation having the latest/greatest might possibly be a sacrifice for reliability- so it is up to our own selves to be prepared. $30 on a backup phone can mean the difference between life and death.

Yea that's it maybe we should all run out and buy a Jitterbug. That way if our grandparents are with us they can use the backup phone. Cause it would be a bad situation if you get in a crash, and your cell phone makes it through the crash and your banged up but your Grandmom is ok but can't use your phone because the numbers are to small......LMAO!
    03-03-09 09:57 AM
    I'm not trying to be condescending, but what would some one do if their storm got busted up in an accident and needed to call 911.
    Same thing I'd do if I had another phone that got busted up in an accident and I needed to call 911...use someone else's phone.
    03-03-09 11:06 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD