I've been in a few accidents and its rare the phone survives regardless Storm or not. This thread is about an accident not dislikes of the phone. Keep it on topic. There are plenty of "I hate MY Storm" threads already. We get it. Some of us are actually happy with our experience and go on with our lives. Not spend the day praising the phone.

Or

its for the older crowd.
    Last edited by Lowsol94; 02-26-09 at 01:46 PM.
    02-26-09 01:26 PM
    Oh c'mon now. That's old technology

Check this out!

The big red palm is for boos boos.

#1 is for Mommy. I'm still working on #2-#4.
    Nice! It's even got an extra antenna in case one breaks off in the accident! Can't be too careful.
    02-26-09 01:34 PM
    This is one of the fun threads. I keep laughing as I read through the responses. I just can't figure out if it was a serious question, or one to whip us all into a frenzy. If so, hahahaha, we all jumped.
    02-26-09 01:34 PM
    Put this on.
    02-26-09 01:41 PM
    Put this on.
    What the **** is that?? All I see is a helmet and a bunch of cooling fans. Does it actually serve a useful purpose besides aerodynamic tests for bald people?
    02-26-09 01:59 PM
    Oh c'mon now. That's old technology

Check this out!

The big red palm is for boos boos.

#1 is for Mommy. I'm still working on #2-#4.
    hahahahahahaha! Nice
    02-26-09 01:59 PM
    Have an app that says in case of emergency, break glass

You'll be covered
    02-26-09 02:02 PM
    Nice! It's even got an extra antenna in case one breaks off in the accident! Can't be too careful.
    hahahahahaha

I didn't even realize that.

Your insight will also make me program 911 under speeddials #2-4.

If any of those keys break off, I will still have backup options to contact the authorities.
    02-26-09 02:53 PM
    well Onstar calls immediately after an accident.... i dont see how it would be possible for a car to know that someone else is going to run a red light and T-bone you going 50 MPH....
    With the advancement of technology, anything is possible. 20 years ago, nobody could imagine people can carry a phone in their pockets, right?

Onstar is nice, but it is pretty much an old technology. Nothing to write home about. And if GM goes bankrupted, Onstar might be affected.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 03:03 PM
    What the **** is that?? All I see is a helmet and a bunch of cooling fans. Does it actually serve a useful purpose besides aerodynamic tests for bald people?
    Its a cell phone helmet. It either has overheating problems, or keeps the paranoid user cool when they break out in the panic sweats.
    02-26-09 03:41 PM
    Perhaps one day they will come out with a car that can call 911 for you in split seconds before the accident. Intelligent application likes this should be on the car, not on the cell phone.

Hence OnStar!
    02-26-09 04:24 PM
    Love the responses!!! But I was thinking more along the lines of the car having automatic flares that shoot out on impact! That'll get someone's attention! That of course is the backup in case all buttons fall off the emergency phone, and the helmet wasn't strapped properly & it falls off too! But if the flares don't shoot up high enough- pull the cord on the emergency necklace! hahahaha

02-27-09 12:12 PM
    What would some one do if their BRAIN got busted up in an accident and they needed to call 911? Thats a more likely situation.

Haven't you people seen the OnStar commercial that points out that most cell phones fall into some unseen nook, are out of reach or broken after an accident.

The solution is government mandated cell phone seat belts.
    what a great idea!!!! haha
    02-27-09 12:52 PM
    I needed to Call 911 once, but the phone wouldn't let me because the battery was too low so it disabled the radio, so I just put it on my car charger and wouldn't let me make a call while charging. Total bull****!

I had to wait 20 minutes before the phone would have enough power to enable the radio.
    02-27-09 02:22 PM
    In these days and age, every person has a cell phone. When there is an accident, chances are 10 people have already called 911 before you.

It actually happened to me once about 10 years ago. I saw an accident just happened on the highway. I called 911. The operator told me they had already received a couple calls on that same accident. And it was 10 years ago.

Actually these days people dont call 911 because they figure someone else called already... If you see something call 911 if they got called already they wont scream at you, if no one called yet, you helped smeone in need! and its a free call..
    02-27-09 03:57 PM
    I needed to Call 911 once, but the phone wouldn't let me because the battery was too low so it disabled the radio, so I just put it on my car charger and wouldn't let me make a call while charging. Total bull****!

I had to wait 20 minutes before the phone would have enough power to enable the radio.
    Thats a Blsckberry issue, which maybe they should make an "exception" for 911 that it should work somehow
    02-27-09 03:58 PM
    todd123:
    I just can't figure out if it was a serious question, or one to whip us all into a frenzy.
    I was under the impression that this WAS a serious question. But it seems that a lot of people have taken this off topic in order to try to "defend?" their equipment if that's what you want to call it or make an attempt to show their loyalty to the company. I'm not saying that it's not a good thing to be loyal, but when people have a serious issue to bring up I don't think it's fair to make a mockery of it.

I never said that I didn't like the Storm. However, I am aware that companies DO sift through forums (like these) that pertain to products that they manufacture/distribute/service looking for common issues to address in the future. I figured something like this would be a serious enough issue for them to take into consideration. There are other people on this forum complaining that their Storms are too slow to be able to play certain games, or browse their favorite websites. It seems to me that this issue deals less with the "bonus features" of our cool, high-tech gadgets, and more with the practical, "should be able to do this on any phone since the Zack Morris model" attributes that we should be entitled to.

I too suffer from the "early adopter" syndrome that we're all going through and am paying the price for being in the group of the early users of this phone, but we need to use these forums to point out the good AND the bad so that the future versions of these products are better than ever.
    02-27-09 06:13 PM
    I carry a VZW prepaid phone with me just in case. Happened with my Curve before, it was froze and I could not make the call. I don't really carry one, I just tell the person next to me to call.

Last edited by Twin13; 02-27-09 at 06:58 PM.
    02-27-09 06:38 PM
    Onstar is nice, but it is pretty much an old technology. Nothing to write home about.
    Tell that to my buddy who hit a tree and was knocked out on a back country road one night. You take the service for granted until you need it.

02-27-09 06:50 PM
    Die...? ..............
    02-27-09 06:59 PM
    i had to call 911 the other day cause someone broke into my car, so of course right when i dialed, the mofo froze.....damn phone.
    02-27-09 07:48 PM
    We just need an app that is capable of recognizing it's user has been in an accident...then call 911!
    I wonder if the accelerometer can measure high G-forces?
    02-28-09 10:46 AM
    Seriously???? Most phones are going to be projectiles and become damaged during a crash. Regardless if it is a Storm or any other phone. Gonna have to rely on your fellow peeps who most likely have a cell phone and will call 911 for you. Afterall, what if you were unconscious? Wouldn't matter if the phone was still intact in your hand. If it is that much of a worry then a program such as OnStar would be your way to go.
    02-28-09 10:57 AM
    I'm not trying to be condescending, but what would some one do if their storm got busted up in an accident and needed to call 911.
    1) How is that condescending?
    2) You could sit there, get out of the car, whatever is possible at the time, realize that people called to help you since your phone is broken, and while you're waiting, try to figure out why you started this thread in the first place. Same if you had any other busted phone.
    02-28-09 11:16 AM
    Please realize that an automobile accident is NOT the only time that people might need to call 911. There are plenty of other times that any phone should be in stable condition that would warrant an emergency phone call.

We understand that the physical condition of any phone after a sever auto accident might prohibit us from calling 911, however think about the other times when you might need to call 911.
    03-01-09 07:11 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD