I've been having major issues texting while in landscape mode. I didn't see this problem very often in .75 but when I'm typing, all of a sudden a menu will appear and without realizing it, it will send the message before I'm anywhere near done typing. The keyboard will still be up on the screen and it will send the message. Anyone else notice this?
    01-29-09 06:46 PM
    i have noticed the same thing except that I am getting it in both landscape and portrait modes! It makes me angry and dont know what to do about it...
    01-29-09 06:58 PM
    its ridiculously annoying, im in the middle of typing a word and it sends the message
    01-29-09 07:07 PM
    this is the most annoying thing ever. I hate it so much, especially when I'm texting someone something important. It will send the message half way completed then I have to scramble to gather my thoughts and finish the message before they ask what the **** it was I'm trying to say.

It only happens when I'm texting for me though.
    01-29-09 08:47 PM
    is there some kind of shortcut that we dont know about that brings up the menu?
    01-29-09 08:48 PM
    I've noticed that it happens if I'm texting really fast and the phone can't keep up. It eventually gives up and automatically brings up the menu with "send" highlighted like it does when you press the BB key when you're ready to send. Only when you're typing so fast the menu comes and you've already selected "send" before you even realize it.
    01-29-09 09:23 PM
    I've noticed that it happens if I'm texting really fast and the phone can't keep up. It eventually gives up and automatically brings up the menu with "send" highlighted like it does when you press the BB key when you're ready to send. Only when you're typing so fast the menu comes and you've already selected "send" before you even realize it.
    exactly!! it's gotta be a bug in .90 right? did anyone notice it in any other builds? I never did in .75
    01-29-09 10:00 PM
    Interesting texting has just been peachy for me in .90 although I'm starting to see the keyboard lag in the browser bow when I hadn't seen that before.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by bthoward; 01-30-09 at 02:35 AM.
    01-30-09 02:33 AM
    It's always been like that. My theory is that there is a keyboard shortcut we are not aware and in our haste to type fast we hit the combinations of keys.

I don't have this issue if I type at a nice calm pace...
    01-30-09 10:03 AM
    yup had tht problem since .83....not just .90 though
    01-30-09 11:01 AM
    I observe that I am the only here to have a Storm 9500, anyway my OS crashdown with .90. But before everything ran perfectly till I connect Garmin trial version (GPS soft)
    (4)
    01-31-09 05:44 AM
    it happened to me also in .85.It sucks, typing something important then all of a sudden bam.. sent and not even done
    01-31-09 06:52 AM
    happens in .85 for me.
    01-31-09 09:22 AM
    hm interesting, lets try to figure out why this happens exactly...

i feel as if when im typing and i miss one of the upper row keys and press in the text area, that menu comes up and without realizing it, i keep on typing which in turn sends the text...anyone confirm?
    01-31-09 10:41 AM
    Nope. No matter what I do to re-create it, I can't. That includes hitting the text field, hovering in the text field, and randomly pressing buttons.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 10:48 AM
    Same EXACT thing happens to me and I can't f'n stand it much longer, like it really makes me want to throw the phone across the room because it's so frustrating important SMS messages to co-workers randomly sending in the middle of the message is just insane that Verizon's top PDA phone does this.
    01-31-09 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD