I have none of these issues posted here. my storm is rocking, I love .90
    01-24-09 09:38 AM
    So far I have had only good things to say about this update. In most of the updates, my phone has not had most of the cons. In this .90 update, my phone has had none of the cons listed. Some of the freeze ups and those things, do not happen with my phone. The accelerometer does not have any lag what so ever, it is a huge upgrade from .86. I charged my phone two nights ago and unplugged it yesterday at 4:30 AM. It is now 11:15 AM today and I did not charge it last night. I have gone almost a full day and a half and only half half a bar missing! On my recent updates I would be past half way and would need to charge the phone tonight.
    I might just be lucky and got a good phone, but so far everything is flawless.
    One more thing, it doesn't have anything to do with the OS system though. I dropped my phone in an ice bucket and the ice was completely melted, full of water. I thought I was doomed. The phone was in a leather holster, but water is still able to get to the phone. I took the phone out of the water and looked at it to see if it was working. The screen and everything was on and the screen reacted to me touching it, but when I would click on the screen, it would not react. I took the battery out and let the phone dry for two hours after I wiped it down with a towel to get the water off. I called the insurance on a friends phone to get a new phone delivered to me. As I was on hold with the insurance, I tried to reboot my phone one more time and tadaaa it worked. Everything is still working two weeks later perfectly, so for everyone making such a big deal with the crack and water, plenty of water was on and in my phone. I was releived.

Like I said I might have a great phone and may be lucky, but this phone is great and I have been nothing but pleased, since I bought it in early December.
    01-24-09 11:24 AM
    Well done Madphone!

I think the worst thing for me has been:

Complete freeze to black on video playback with only audio. The phone won't shut off and I have to do a pull. Totally unable to play videos that are not shot with the camera without this happening.

A few random reboots and more than a few freezes that required battery pulls.

Word Mole doesn't work at all. Freezes after first few letters every time.

Camera shoots pics and saves or sends just fine. Shocker since no one else seems to have this happening.

Definitely seem to have a healthy memory leak...not sure what that is due to.
    01-24-09 01:03 PM
    Right after installing .90 I made a phone call and while i had my storm tilted it automaticallly switched to speaker. When I tilted it back the other way it went back to handset. After about 14 hours I had a white screen with an error message on it with a reset button. Also I see a lot of people saying that the camera will not save pictures. When I tried to take a picture at 1x the storm did not save either. I do not think it even took the picture in the first place so there was nothing to save. There was no shutter sound like at 1.1x.
    01-24-09 01:48 PM
    Suretype does NOT work in the browser. You can't switch to Suretype. Just Full Keyboard Qwerty and Multitap. It gives the option to switch to SureType, but when u click it does nothing.
    01-24-09 02:27 PM
    Word mole works fine for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-09 05:00 PM
    Same here.

My only problem is the Camera just needs lots of lighting or the pics come out Burry.

I went right from 65 to 90.
    No cleaning.

I have none of these issues posted here. my storm is rocking, I love .90
    01-24-09 05:14 PM
    Also the media player seems to lockup after playing songs for extender period of time

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 07:24 AM
    In first post I didn't see the pro of the screen lock actually is a screen lock now!!!

Battery Life much better now

Memory leak will clear itself up a lot re-gaining memory that's been leaked away.

Con

Freezes when set to change automatically to bedside mode when charging.... Battery Pull needed.
    If entering bedside mode manually, screen will shut off after some time.
    01-25-09 10:13 AM
    Cons:
    Click green phone button, BB menu/select options will freeze phone.
    Bad formatting for screen showing while in a call.
    I just did this and had no problem

PROS:

* Faster overall (accelerometer, responsiveness of the GUI, app loading, slight improvement in reboot time)
    * Portrait QWERTY (OPTION -- those who think the keys are too small can still use one of the other options)
    * accelerometer seems to be turned off when in a call.
    * Media player status bar seems to come back when I tap the screen now, it rarely did in the .8x series builds
    * Memory card/VSOD issue gone for me
    * LED issue fixed

CONS:
    * Stereo Bluetooth still broken
    * 357 errors
    * Camera still not what it should be but the images save for me if I use the physical key not the touch screen
    01-25-09 10:07 PM
    bump just as a reminder to anyone who is thinking about this.
    01-27-09 08:32 AM
    Well done Madphone!

I think the worst thing for me has been:

Complete freeze to black on video playback with only audio. The phone won't shut off and I have to do a pull. Totally unable to play videos that are not shot with the camera without this happening.

A few random reboots and more than a few freezes that required battery pulls.

Word Mole doesn't work at all. Freezes after first few letters every time.

Camera shoots pics and saves or sends just fine. Shocker since no one else seems to have this happening.

Definitely seem to have a healthy memory leak...not sure what that is due to.

I'm in the same boat as you are Blackburee...I've also seen a few 357 app errors that I have never seen before. It seems that the phone freezes on me for no apparent reason. For example, I was ending a call that I had made accidentally (hit the wrong contact), and the phone froze - had to do a battery pull.

Although this seems to be the best OS so far, I am now averaging about a battery pull a day - way too much for me (and that's not including the random reboots). Not so bad that I'm going to downgrade at this point, but I'm anxiously awaiting for an improvement.
    01-27-09 08:55 AM
    Pros:
    -full keyboard on Portrait.
    -cleaner looking home screen
    -BIGGER font on phone pad! excellent
    -I may not have noticed on previous versions, but now I have 2 new icons:
    there is a "Phone" icon and "Music" icon now.
    -icons are much more responsive(similar to the bold)

Cons:
    -Light will not dim and stays on all the time
    -DOES NOT unlock.....takes a good minute or two to unlock.
    -Music Player freezes often.
    -Rebooting(batt-pull) takes FOREVER! more like 5-7 minutes
    -sometimes on BES email, on home screen shows "new mail" icon,
    but the actual BES icon does not show new emails...
    -Battery life is less than in .85
    -I never had a problem with the dreaded Verizon screen, now it haunts me.
    -phone freezes OFTEN while playing the "word mole" game.

thanks.
    01-27-09 09:01 AM
    Back story- Upgraded over .75 before activation, Running NO third party apps, no restore.

PROS

1. Qwerty keyboard in portrait
    2. Fast!!! Unlock/lock
    3. Camera is much faster
    4. General navigation is lightning quick vs. .75
    5. Scrolling is smooth crisp and lag free
    6. No random reboots although lock ups happen.

CONS

1. No LED indicator for anything!
    2. Cannot create new folders on home screen
    3. World Mole & BBM freezes requiring a battery pull
    4. Accelerometer feels slower than .85 and when compared to .75 Storm is very close
    5. Sometimes the phone refuses to dim after locking and will not come of the lock screen
    6. Camera does not save pictures 100%
    Great post Josh:

Pros for me:
    1. All the same as for Josh
    2. Love the fact browsing and call clarity are great!
    3. No memory leak (maintaining about 34-44mg) I run a lot of 3rd party apps for my business

Cons for me:
    1. Cannot create more than 1 extra folder in home screen
    2. Camera does not save all the time. it will in portrait mode sometimes and then in landscape mode sometimes. Nothing consistant though.
    3. When viewing "My Pictures" they actually show up terrible in the thumbnail view but when viewing under the separate menu :/ SD/Pictures they appear like they are suppossed to under that thumbnail view. Makes no sense.
    4. When trying to view/playback video, I get error message: Cannot play media or unformatted media for device (something like that)
    5. Strange "sqwiggly cross shape" above the "0" in phone mode.
    6. Will randomly lock up upon screen transitions from one app to another
    7. keyboard will stick in landscape or portrait mode and then double over in the mode it's changing into. So it looks like an overlapped "L".
    8. Lock/Unlock does not always work the first time it's pressed. I will often push it, (nothing happens) then push it again, (nothing happens) then push the "back" button to see if it was just lagging (i'll get a Screen Locked and Icon pix) then push the lock unlock again and by then it would have unlocked then locked again from pushing it twice. Maybe I'm just impatient!
    9. Will randomly turn on LCD by itself and stay lit until a battery pull or "QuickPull" is activated.

I installed over .86 then performed a complete OS reload of .90. Several battery pulls a day are quite inconvenient but will deal with it 1/2 of time. after about 3 days, I switch back to my Curve for a few days then back to the Storm.
    01-27-09 09:10 AM
    I am having problems with :
    -random reboots
    -Camera not saving
    -Im not able to forward picture texts
    -Backlight gets stuck on
    -media card error
    -will not let me open media manager in DM
    01-27-09 09:22 AM
    I get the media card error too at times.
    I forgot about that one. That's # 10 for me.
    And the DM issue. I actually re-installed the DM and that fixed the issue.
    01-27-09 09:23 AM
    I've experienced almost all of the pros. Only 2 cons that I have experienced to date:

1. Signal indicator shows 1X instead of 1XEV
    2. Phone will not shut down
    01-27-09 09:56 AM
    After working perfectly for a week or so(updated the min. it was leaked), and thinking the storm was finally an OK phone all of the bugs hit me at once.
    1. phone will not sleep.

2. after a batt. pull phone freezes on media card screen, then when I push any button it freezes on the splash screen.

3. if the phone does not connect to aim, it freezes.

I think it's time for the storm to go back to the store.
    01-27-09 10:06 AM
    Found a new one last night.

WordMole will lock up on you after playing a few rounds.
    01-27-09 12:00 PM
    The phone not sleeping is the biggest problem i have run into so far. I did a battery pull and after a good 5-10 minutes of loading it finally slept. However, after my second phone call of the day today, it has not gone to sleep.

And now actually i went back to .75 because I kept getting freezes... but other than that i liked the direction the OS was heading.
    Last edited by matthewshead; 01-27-09 at 02:46 PM.
    01-27-09 12:22 PM
    Absolutely. Had that happen yesterday when I went to get my voice mails. Hasn't come back since. Quirky, Huh?
    Anyone got a fix for this??? I can't join conference calls on my blackberry! UGH
    01-27-09 06:05 PM
    I am not sure if anyone has stated this yet, but the issue with the camera not saving the picture has to do with the media card. I changed the setting to save the picture to the device and no more problems.

The media card seems to be a big issue for the storm, i.e. the boot up lock up....media card inserted...
    01-29-09 11:11 AM
    I agree with all the pros but the two most annoying cons for me is:

random reboots and the automatic turn off when i have it disabled.
    01-29-09 11:48 AM
98 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD