It has been mentioned many times so here, lets try this.

*edit* I will update the first POST. Also keep in mind that these are subjective and may not be the case with every user. If there is one that I keep getting posted I will make note of that so viewers can see what happens consistently.

*edit* I will cut and paste info from posts in this first post for easy viewing.

Also Please do not post opinions, questions, comments, please keep to the format

PROS:

1. Faster Accelerometer
    2. Faster Browsing
    3. Full Qwerty in Portrait
    4. New keyboard (Though small keys and somewhat buggy)
    5. Larger clearer fonts on keyboard
    6. Cleaner icons on home screen (Con - if you like icons smaller)
    7. Faster scrolling
    8. Screen fading removed = faster device over all
    9. Screen lock/unlock is MUCH faster as well.
    10. Starts up much quicker, which is nice.
    11. The camera is taking pictures MUCH more quickly. I really mean MUCH.

Cons:

1. Camera not saving (for some users)
    2. Media card error (for some users)
    3. BBM (Blackberry Messeneger) lockups still occur in .90.
    4. BT still not working in Video
    5. Picture viewing and loading back to .75/.76 slowness
    7. Volume resets to zero when changing songs using headsets (occasionally)
    8. Device completely locked up bug while listening to music
    9. Phone ap lock up bug (Phone ap > BB button> settings = hard lock (this seems to happen to the majority)
    10. BB key when held brings up AP switcher and Menu
    11. Some transition wipes seem to be missing
    12. Keyboard Lag is still present in browser
    13. Finger follow is still gone
    14. Re-start time on bat pull or reset is slower
    15. For some some (me included) Accelerometer is slower (.75 slowness)
    16. Still can not save voice notes
    17. Battery dying fast, or not charging on first attempts
    18. Bad formatting for screen showing while in a call.

POSSIBLE ADD-ONS (for future releases)

1. .com key
    2. Font setting to effect all the fonts so that we can choose
    3. option for transitions (some like them)

Could a mod please sticky this for a while, and please, if there is a better way to do this please feel free to change, edit, or whatever. Thanks
    Last edited by madphone; 01-22-09 at 09:27 PM.
    01-22-09 11:26 AM
    Pros:
    Full Qwerty in Portrait
    01-22-09 11:31 AM
    Pro:
    New keyboard (Though small keys and somewhat buggy)
    Larger clearer fonts on keyboard
    Cleaner icons on home screen (Con - if you like icons smaller)
    Faster scrolling

Cons:
    Camera Ap is messed up (lots of different issues)
    BT still not working in Video
    Picture viewing and loading back to .75/.76 slowness
    Volume resets to zero when changing songs using headsets (occasionally)
    Device completely locked up bug while listening to music
    Phone ap lock up bug (Phone ap > BB button> settings = hard lock
    BB key when held brings up AP switcher and Menu
    Some transition wipes seem to be missing
    Keyboard Lag is still present in browser
    Finger follow is still gone
    Re-start time on bat pull or reset is slower
    For some some (me included) Accelerometer is slower (.75 slowness)
    Still can not save voice notes

New edit**
    Wide reports of BB Messenger causing freeze-ups (I use the term hard lock - I don't have this issue or BB messenger - so see other threads for more details)
    Reports of Memory leak
    Reports of device re-setting while listening to music (I only got a lock up as noted above. I do not have any AAC tracks)

WOW - looking at the first post - this is allot more than just a camera issue that was noted prior to leak. The OS while getting faster is still buggier than food on the ground.

************************************************** **************************
    NEW EDIT
    ************************************************** **************************

New bug appearing where the ap switching becomes disabled. (holding BB button will not bring it up, and going into menu and hitting switch applications does nothing).

Reiterate my last comment - This OS is buggy as poo!
    Last edited by 1magine; 01-22-09 at 08:23 PM.
    01-22-09 11:34 AM
    Pro:
    Screen fading removed = faster device over all
    01-22-09 11:35 AM
    Pro: Faster scrolling

Con: some people have noticed issues with their battery dying fast, or not charging on first attempts
    01-22-09 11:39 AM
    Cons:
    Click green phone button, BB menu/select options will freeze phone.
    Bad formatting for screen showing while in a call.
    01-22-09 11:40 AM
    Pros: Navigating through menus and programs is much quicker, even with many programs running.

Cons: Tiltris causes a huge memory leak and leads to your storm needing to reboot.
    01-22-09 11:41 AM
    Is no comments really helpful when the cons may be isolated to one user?
    01-22-09 11:55 AM
    Con: Mass storage mode cannot be forced by the DM. I don't know how consistent this is for all users.

Pro: Changed fonts on home screen. Looks sharper, easier to read for us Old Guys.
    01-22-09 12:00 PM

Pro: Changed fonts on home screen. Looks sharper, easier to read for us Old Guys.
    I think this is a CON. My home screen fonts look awful! Way to large. It looks nothing like after hitting the BB button and seeing all the icons, which is a small and clean looking font.

What we need is the font setting to effect all the fonts so that we can choose. I do not yet fall into the "old guys" grouping and love my fonts small! : ) Choice is good.

I just noticed going from .75 to .90 that my calendar font in month view is HUGE. I am going to need some reverse glasses to make these smaller. I have changed my font in settings to 7pt and it does not change anything.
    01-22-09 12:07 PM
    CON:
    The keyboard in portrait mode is very unresponsive and the predictive text seems to have dissapeared.
    Switching from portrait to landscape while typing a message takes about 6 seconds.

Overall I'm absolutely disgusted with this update. I'm switching back to the one before this, if I can.
    01-22-09 12:17 PM
    ttt......................
    01-22-09 01:27 PM
    Phone before didnt want to lock or dim down to turn screen off! problem that was found i think in .83 !!
    01-22-09 01:33 PM
    Pro>seems the auto off/on works. Con>when came back on got vz sod battery pull resolved issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 01:38 PM
    I see around 10% of the cons you posted... I'm not going to say this is the best OS yet but it's better then the lag in .86

Typing is 100% better in this build. The typing was so bad in .85 .86 that I would avoid using the keyboard at all costs. I would get so frustrated with the misspellings that I just avoided returning text messages whenever I could.

Much better now...
    01-22-09 01:42 PM
    I see around 10% of the cons you posted... I'm not going to say this is the best OS yet but it's better then the lag in .86

Typing is 100% better in this build. The typing was so bad in .85 .86 that I would avoid using the keyboard at all costs. I would get so frustrated with the misspellings that I just avoided returning text messages whenever I could.

Much better now...
    These are not all mine, they were copied from posts by others. I am not having any real issues.
    01-22-09 01:51 PM
    I have noticed .90 to be much faster but on several occasions when getting a message I can bring the phone to life until after the tune is done playing, and one time it seemed as if it was frozen for about 5 seconds.

I found in another post to change the zoom on the camera or it won't save the picture and I did this works great as soon as you hit the button the picture is captured. Since you can zoom to 1.1 its not that big of a zoom
    01-22-09 01:56 PM
    Pro: when it is in portrait mode & lay on table, it remains in portrait mode, when i landscape mode & lay on a table, it remains in landscape.

So far, I haven't had problems with this build. Huge improvement. Camera is even working much nicer. no problem saving pictures.
    01-22-09 01:57 PM
    My media player experience is a bit different. I can listen to music and let one track lead into another without issue. If I try to advance to the next track the phone tends to lock up hard. If skipping one track didn't lock it, trying for the next one would 100% of the time.

Update, after ignoring my storm for quite a while after the last music-related lock up, it restarted itself. Now, technically I'm sure this is a problem, but I have an Innocase II and for those of you out there who have one, you know what an eerie experience it is to remove and reinstall that case. I'm pleased I didn't have to disrobe my storm once more!
    Last edited by DigbyT; 01-22-09 at 02:03 PM. Reason: status update
    01-22-09 02:01 PM
    Pro:
    Definitely faster at almost everything and what everyone else said.

Cons:
    -I just got a VSOD, that's a deal breaker and there wont be an official release until they fix this. Actually, I can't believe it's still there.
    -None of my media will play...keeps saying "media Processor busy." Seems to be fixed by batt pull.
    -Worried about Batt life but haven't been running long enough to see.
    01-22-09 02:10 PM
    I don't know if I'm just getting lucky, but I've never had any of the listed issues with any of the leaked OS's. I've done .75 (official) > .83 > .85 > .86 > .90.

On .90 I'm seeing all of the pros listed and none of the cons. No media card error, my camera saves, acceleromoter is much faster than .86....hopefully more people are having the same success.

Definitely my favorite so far. This is what the Storm should have had out of the box.

Sidenote.....I've never done a wipe before installing the new OS.
    01-22-09 02:12 PM
    I am having the phonecalls to get mute again. Phone stops working from anything from five to twenty seconds while on a conversation. This was not happening on 88.
    Oh I am on vodafone so 9500. This is my second storm as the first one was returned for this very issue.

01-22-09 02:27 PM
    I just upgraded from .86 to .90. This update is far and away the best for me. The only con that I have noticed so far is with the media player. I don't have a problem playing music, but if I stream media from the Sirius player/orb it will cause the phone to completely reboot after 15 seconds of playing. It does this every single time without fail. I had no issues with it on .86.
    01-22-09 02:33 PM
    Can you add to the possible add ons sections a Tab key or some other keyboard way (shortcut) to advance to the next field on a web page?
    01-22-09 02:36 PM
    Didn't see it mentioned..... back arrow in browser still randomly prompts to close browser, and youtbue videos won't play (error occurred attempting to play media).

Last edited by seVer916; 01-22-09 at 03:44 PM.
    01-22-09 02:56 PM
98 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD