View Poll Results: Would you upgrade to .90 if you knew what you know now?

Voters
184. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

101 54.89%
  • NO

83 45.11%
    Everything is great except my storm keeps randomly freezing. I'm tired of having to do battery pulls so I wish I stuck with .85.
    01-24-09 11:13 PM
    I voted yes. I have a few bugs here and there but nothing that bothers me or even effects my phone in a big way that makes it unuseable. Maybe I just got luck but I've had this upgraded since the night it came out and still running strong.
    01-24-09 11:34 PM
    Seems like virtually everyone who posted has gotten some level of random re-booting. I guess it comes down to patience wth re-booting. If it happens at a couple of crucial times (Share partner in firm or important client needs a quick response to a question and the e-mail causes a reboot, which loads to the media card/VSOD, causing a 15 minute delay in your response)your patience may run out quick. If the Storm is a BIS/consumer only device than I imagine you likely feel you can be patient longer.
    01-24-09 11:35 PM
    I'm getting all the problems that are being reported. Memory card not always recognized, camera doesn't always save pictures, screen doesn't always shut off, and it randomly reboots sometimes when i have the music player on. That being said, i'm not going back because I love the portrait qwerty keyboard and WHEN it works, it's much faster. RIM really needs to get an OS out that works on all phones and is stable and fast though. This "maybe it works, maybe it doesn't" crap has to stop.
    01-25-09 06:49 AM
    Really liked everything about .90 except the rebooting when/after playing mp3's. I listen to a lot of podcasts and the constant rebooting was too much. Reboots sometimes when it's just sitting idle but not as often when/after listening to mp3's.
    I noticed also that when playing brick breaker, if the sound is on the game is really jerky. Something up with the sound driver??
    01-25-09 11:30 AM
    I'm about to downgrade back to .86. I really like the new features and improvements to .90, but there's too many random reboots and freezes for my liking.
    01-25-09 12:16 PM
    i love it it. a couple more of these upgrades like this and the Iphone fanboys will be catching storm flu
    01-25-09 02:45 PM
    I voted YES, coming from 0.75 (did not entertain any of the other 0.8X beta leaks) I have been running 0.90 for three days, I am not experiencing random reboots. I have had one in the last 72 hrs while playing MP3's. I also experienced the phone hanging on the VZW screen when turning on but since I never switch my phone off this is moot, so that's my bug report.

But for me the advantages coming from 0.75 are as follows:

No more painstaking screen fade transitions when switching between apps, 0.90 snaps between apps making the experience much better and brings a little more "crack" back into using the phone.

0.90 Vibrate actually vibrates ONLY, whereas 0.75 vibrates then rings (what!)

Screen lock in 0.90 now when locked does not turn on when you hit the screen only hard buttons turns it on. This was a big plus for me since I tend to put my phone in my pocket, which I had to stop doing if I did n't want my battery to run down.

Scrolling is much smoother.

Accelerometer much much faster, maybe even a little too sensitive in some cases but I am not complaining.

Extra 5-7 MB of space

Switching to phone app is much quicker and when the phone rings in landscape mode 0.90 handles the transition to portrait much more solidly. In 0.75 when the phone rang in landscape and I picked it up the screen used to go blank on occasion. There is minor icon glitch on the "0/+" key merging with the space icon on this key in certain modes.

I had given up hitting the answer button on the screen in 0.75 and reverted only to the hard answer button because it was so often unresponsive. Everytime I have hit the answer button on the screen in 0.90 it has worked, now it is usable.

Overall, there were a number of major issues that I had in 0.75 that have been resolved in 0.90 that make this a great update for me and I am keeping it (at least for now).
    01-25-09 05:07 PM
    Sorry but 90 has more problems than any of the .85's put together. Anyone who thinks differently just give it time. Sure it has its pluses but it isn't very stable. Any reboots are not a good thing.. It sure is strange that we all don't experience the same or different problems on these OS's. I wonder if the stacking of OS's or something else is causing the differences?
    01-25-09 05:57 PM
    the .90 is way to buggy
    when i go into a no service area and then return i can get my yahoo messenger to log back in
    i am not able to power off the phone with out removing the battery
    i do agree that it is substantially faster than .75 but not worth the aggravation
    01-25-09 06:10 PM
    My husband upgraded to .90. He really likes it, and I'm drooling over getting my hands on the QWERTY in portrait, but he's had just too many random reboots, especially when music is playing. He is, as I type this, downgrading back to .85 like I have. I've had very little problems so far (but, I HAVE had a couple of random reboots, too, just not nearly as often.)

Anxiously awaiting the next 'official' release from Verizon. COME ON ALREADY!
    01-25-09 06:45 PM
    I'm also going back to .86 to many random reboots, and had to many times where the screen just froze up. This also happens on my wife's Storm which she has different apps then I do. The only same app that we have is Weatherbug. By the way today I didn't even use my BB except for one call and it rebooted by itself. At least with .86 it wasn't that often that it would reboot. I will have to wait for the next release. I also had a reboot while playing through my music, and I use that every day because I have paired the BT to my Sony Car Stereo for music playback; this works great, and wouldn't all these reboots. I never had one with .86 using my music.
    01-25-09 07:10 PM
    Heck ya...it's waay stable and a lot faster than the .86 and the .76 that I had when I received the phone from Bell. LOVE the full sized Qwerty keyboard on the new .90 in portrait mode.
    01-25-09 07:12 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD