I tried to do a quick search on MTP but an explanation of what it is and what it does is not given. I will have to keep looking
    01-23-09 10:03 AM
    Here's a quick blurb on MTP -

The Media Transfer Protocol is a devised set of custom extensions to the Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP).[1] Whereas PTP was designed for downloading photographs from digital cameras, Media Transfer Protocol supports the transfer of music files on digital audio players and movie files on portable media players.
    01-23-09 10:09 AM
    I have the same issue, but still on .75. Turns out its a drive letter conflict with other USB devices that I connect to my PC. After I plugged in my WD hard drive, my BB1 and BB2 drives stopped showing up. Have yet to take the time to fix it, but the drives are there.
    01-23-09 10:16 AM
    Hmmm... I'll chime in here. I've been in the same boat as you all for quite some time. Haven't found a solution. Very annoying.
    01-23-09 10:20 AM
    glad i'm not the only one. it is pretty annoying....strange how a newer beta creates a new problem that was working fine previously. also, in blackberry media sync....it detects my blackberry with pin number but when it searches for the actual device...it finds nothing.
    01-23-09 11:45 AM
    I have the same issue, but still on .75. Turns out its a drive letter conflict with other USB devices that I connect to my PC. After I plugged in my WD hard drive, my BB1 and BB2 drives stopped showing up. Have yet to take the time to fix it, but the drives are there.
    HMMM, I never considered a drive letter conflict, but this could definitely cause a problem. You might want to consider looking under disk management to see if the blackberry drives are listed but with conflicting drive letters and if so changing the drive letters to letters that are unused. Let me know how that goes
    01-23-09 12:22 PM
    MTP is for transferring protected content to your phone. Works well with WMP syncing.
    01-23-09 12:29 PM
    HMMM, I never considered a drive letter conflict, but this could definitely cause a problem. You might want to consider looking under disk management to see if the blackberry drives are listed but with conflicting drive letters and if so changing the drive letters to letters that are unused. Let me know how that goes
    already checked that....multiple times. I even disconnected my network drives. still nothing.....going to degrade then upgrade now.
    01-23-09 01:13 PM
    Ditto me for that problem as well.

It's not a drive letter conflict since it doesn't even show up in Disk Management. When it used to connect, the BB would automatically ask me for my password to allow access, now it wont even do that.

This is getting annoying, wonder how long till they release .91.
    01-23-09 01:27 PM
    Well ladies and gents, I believe that I have found the fix. Will explain in a couple of minutes.

Ah yes, we have lift-off!

Once again it is showing up as a removeable drive. After searching and searching for several hours I found what to do, all thanks to this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/ser...ml#post1456767.

Here's what to do:

1. Go to Pinstack.com. (You'll have to register, but it's really easy -- they don't require you to respond to an activation email; you just put all the data in the fields and you're good to go).

2. Click this link: PinStack.com and SAVE THAT FILE.

2.5 (For those that don't know what .rar is.) .Rar is a lot like a zipped file, but a different form (similar to how we have mp3, wav, etc). Just download the free trial from here: WinRAR archiver, a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP files (No information/registration is necessary, just download and install).

3. Extract the contents then open the folder "BB storage Activation new". Get your phone ready to reboot (i.e., if you want to save anything, go ahead and do so).

4. Run the "hahanew.exe" file. No, it's not a virus because it says haha (lol). If the program flashes on the screen and disappears, right click the .exe file and hit "Run as administrator". Once it is running, hit any key to let it do its thing. You only need to hit a key once -- even though it looks like it asks you to do it again.

At this point, your phone should reboot and the drives will magically be back on the computer. Enjoy
    Last edited by Sandlotje; 01-23-09 at 02:16 PM.
    01-23-09 01:54 PM
    Well ladies and gents, I believe that I have found the fix. Will explain in a couple of minutes.
    We are waiting....?
    01-23-09 01:58 PM
    haha....the suspense is killing me....

i downgraded to verizon .75...doing a wipe now and then upgrading to .90...let's see what happens.
    01-23-09 01:59 PM
    so even at .75 and a wipe...still no connection
    i have a feeling it's DM 4.7 with 4.5 everything was ok.....hrmmm.....
    01-23-09 02:14 PM
    Alright everyone, its up there. Read the directions then follow away! This should work for EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU!
    01-23-09 02:17 PM
    downloading now....still on .75 though.
    01-23-09 02:23 PM
    It has nothing to do with the OS version. I'm thinking about making a thread somewhere else in the forum about this b/c the problem existed for me on .75 as well; and this seems to be a common problem.
    01-23-09 02:29 PM
    strangeness...so far so good...the phone is starting, and 2 drives popped up and it installed a mass storage device. It's not working yet...but things are looking good.

i'll post more in a few minutes.

It worked! This is great....now to get back to .90. I still can't believe how slow .75 is. Good job Sandlotje, thanks a lot.
    Last edited by BastaTag; 01-23-09 at 02:33 PM.
    01-23-09 02:31 PM
    ok, now another problem.

can't upgrade to .90 now. i installed it, opened up DM but it doesn't detect the new software. any ideas?
    01-23-09 02:58 PM
    ok, now another problem.

can't upgrade to .90 now. i installed it, opened up DM but it doesn't detect the new software. any ideas?
    Hehe... yeah, my phone was out of commission for 8+ hours yesterday trying to install .90; it just kept giving me crap!

First try going to C:>Program Files>Common Files>Research in Motion>AppLoader>Loader(.exe)

If that doesn't work, CX has put something together that may help you. It isn't what helped me, but I think I just had a weird case. Try his method first: http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/wh...l-file-120048/

Begin halfway down his first post where it says "1. Go to Control Panel..."
    01-23-09 04:18 PM
    Running it now, the problem I had was the password on the device.

I am thinking that it is so much easier without a password on but I have so much personal information.
    01-23-09 04:23 PM
    Running it now, the problem I had was the password on the device.

I am thinking that it is so much easier without a password on but I have so much personal information.
    Well unless you lose things a lot, or have people who would actually try to get your (you, specifically) information, I wouldn't worry about it. Just my opinion, but I'm sure our lives are very different so I can only speak for myself.
    01-23-09 05:08 PM
    My DM was not restoring my settings to the phone after updating to .90 from .86, seemed like a similar issue with the media card. Although you should have Mass Storage Transfer Protocol set on "yes", MTP should be on "NO" in the memory settings located in options. I did a bat pull prior and did nothing. Then only after setting MTP to no did my DM actually restore my phone.
    01-23-09 05:35 PM

Ah yes, we have lift-off!

Once again it is showing up as a removeable drive. After searching and searching for several hours I found what to do, all thanks to this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/ser...ml#post1456767.

Here's what to do:

1. Go to Pinstack.com. (You'll have to register, but it's really easy -- they don't require you to respond to an activation email; you just put all the data in the fields and you're good to go).

2. Click this link: PinStack.com and SAVE THAT FILE.

2.5 (For those that don't know what .rar is.) .Rar is a lot like a zipped file, but a different form (similar to how we have mp3, wav, etc). Just download the free trial from here: WinRAR archiver, a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP files (No information/registration is necessary, just download and install).

3. Extract the contents then open the folder "BB storage Activation new". Get your phone ready to reboot (i.e., if you want to save anything, go ahead and do so).

4. Run the "hahanew.exe" file. No, it's not a virus because it says haha (lol). If the program flashes on the screen and disappears, right click the .exe file and hit "Run as administrator". Once it is running, hit any key to let it do its thing. You only need to hit a key once -- even though it looks like it asks you to do it again.

At this point, your phone should reboot and the drives will magically be back on the computer. Enjoy

So all this is well and fine, but what is the point of doing all this. I guess, what is it that this fixes. What was the original problem? I actually don't have this issue, but would just like to understand as a learning experience.
    01-24-09 08:30 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD