After watching the video of the .90 OS I decided to update from .75

And wow what a difference! I've only had the .90 on for about 10 min so I have a few days to really see how I like it, but so far its been good. It just crashed once while trying to turn the camera on. I'll see what thats about. Other than that I'm liking .90 so far.
    01-26-09 12:58 AM
    I also just installed it and it does seem a little snappier. So far, I have had the camera issue where it will not allow you to save photos, but other than that, I have been doing good. I will let you guys know anything else I come across with this update. (I came from .75 to .90) Although the camera is not saving images, it takes them much quicker in my opinion and the camera seemed to start a little quicker. This may have been the same in the newer previous versions, but as stated, I came from .75
    Last edited by pheany; 01-26-09 at 01:41 AM.
    01-26-09 01:39 AM
    I also just installed it and it does seem a little snappier. So far, I have had the camera issue where it will not allow you to save photos, but other than that, I have been doing good. I will let you guys know anything else I come across with this update. (I came from .75 to .90) Although the camera is not saving images, it takes them much quicker in my opinion and the camera seemed to start a little quicker. This may have been the same in the newer previous versions, but as stated, I came from .75
    For the camera issue just zoom in to 1.1 and it'll save just fine. Other than that I love .90 OS
    01-26-09 02:02 AM
    The camera will only take full size 3.2 MP images at 1.0 zoom...so if you want to try the zoom fix, it will take smaller images.
    01-26-09 02:05 AM
    For the camera issue just zoom in to 1.1 and it'll save just fine. Other than that I love .90 OS

Such a random way to fix it! This is like the piece of paper behind the battery to fix the screen click...
    01-26-09 02:06 AM
    The camera will only take full size 3.2 MP images at 1.0 zoom...so if you want to try the zoom fix, it will take smaller images.
    Well with .90 the camera wont even "take" the picture unless I zoom.
    01-26-09 02:06 AM
    That could be why it's considered a flawed OS. Regardless, if you exit out of the camera and open it as landscape, after a few tries it should save. I have noticed that if you try and change orientation while the camera is open, it will not work.
    01-26-09 02:09 AM
    I've noticed that there are 4 different camera states:

1: Landscape no-flash
    2: Landscape with-flash
    3: Portrait no-flash
    4: Portrait with-flash

If you go from one state to the other, it will not work, it's rather random.

As long as you start with one state and stay in that state, it will usually take the pic.
    01-26-09 02:12 AM
    I've noticed that there are 4 different camera states:

1: Landscape no-flash
    2: Landscape with-flash
    3: Portrait no-flash
    4: Portrait with-flash

If you go from one state to the other, it will not work, it's rather random.

As long as you start with one state and stay in that state, it will usually take the pic.

oh alright. I'll give that a shot. thanks.

EDIT: you're right it works. so another reason why I love .90 its so much faster taking pictures.
    01-26-09 02:13 AM
    oh alright. I'll give that a shot. thanks.

EDIT: you're right it works. so another reason why I love .90 its so much faster taking pictures.
    So then, the issue is not with the camera save script, it is with the camera orientation script.
    01-26-09 02:20 AM
    lmao

I'm sorry but it just seems to me that everything 'ihackeverything' has said is completely and utterly useless. It's either restating what's already been said or blatantly pointing out the obvious.

Just find it funny.
    01-26-09 03:30 AM
    I was running .90 since it was out. I did have the same issues with the camera that everyone else is having. However if you sync your Storm with iTunes it will NOT work. I went as far as uninstalling and reinstalling all BB software I still didn't work so finally went back to .75 and it works with no problems at all. And the only reason this a problem right now is because out of all the gadets that I own I don't have a stand alone card reader.
    01-26-09 03:30 AM
    lmao

I'm sorry but it just seems to me that everything 'ihackeverything' has said is completely and utterly useless. It's either restating what's already been said or blatantly pointing out the obvious.

Just find it funny.
    Interestingly enough, while it may have been blatantly obvious to you, apparently it helped imation. So before you call me out, make sure you think about what you are typing.

Have a nice day
    01-26-09 03:37 AM
    Interestingly enough, while it may have been blatantly obvious to you, apparently it helped imation. So before you call me out, make sure you think about what you are typing.

Have a nice day
    Yeah but, see, you also admitted that you had no real clue as to whether or not it was consistent.

"If you go from one state to the other, it will not work, it's rather random."

Pretty much says it all.
    01-26-09 04:22 AM
    Yeah but, see, you also admitted that you had no real clue as to whether or not it was consistent.

"If you go from one state to the other, it will not work, it's rather random."

Pretty much says it all.
    And your comment to this thread was valuable how? Apparently at least my comment was of some value by pointing out the blatantly obvious to someone who did not see it.

When I said that it was rather random, I meant that it was rather random that an OS upgrade would cause the camera to quit working by rotating the orientation.

If you do not have anything to give back to the thread, why comment?
    01-26-09 04:27 AM
    Hello, I installed .90 about 3 days ago on my storm and now when I recieve an email it will automatically reset as if you pulled the battery, anyone else having this problem.

Coastie
    01-26-09 04:31 AM
    Hello, I installed .90 about 3 days ago on my storm and now when I recieve an email it will automatically reset as if you pulled the battery, anyone else having this problem.

Coastie
    That's the first I've heard of that. Maybe try re-installing or going back to .75.

Did you do an update or a clean install?
    01-26-09 05:04 AM
    Did a wipe and install. I had .85 installed previously. coastie
    01-26-09 06:07 AM
    I have been on .90 for a few days with no issues so far. I may not use as many features as others but email, sms, browser and phone have been fine for me. Memory seems to be staying in the 30's and battery life is majorly improved. I am happy with it. We will see how its doing after a full week.
    01-26-09 08:00 AM
    I also have .90 and most things are OK. However, I've started to use my calendar a lot and it's very slow to load (both initial load and scrolling). Scrolling through the agenda, I'll once every few days encounter the "reorganising agenda" (or words to that effect). It would then freeze for a while until the next few days loads. I have quite a few events per day but I didn't it expect it to be that slow!

I'm still having intermittent problems with BIS on 3G (even when there is the BB logo!). Switching to 2G (shows GPRS), requesting new service books and re-registering usually solves this, but it is an inconvenience.

The camera, yeah... doesn't work properly. It only saves images once in a while, and I've had it crash the OS completely on two occasions.

The media player crashes every so often too requiring a battery pull, which is a hassle.

My memory is around 38MB, but I've left a lot of apps uninstalled already.

All in all, a little annoying. I'm beginning to rely on it as my organiser, phonebook, email, txt combo-gadget and it is just falling short. I also have an iPhone 3G and it gets the job done with less problems. However, it just isn't as easy to put media onto the iPhone and neither is it as fully featured. I'm stuck between a rock and hard place :*(

EDIT: Just removed more surplus apps giving me 700+MB device memory, 47MB RAM and well, a few gigs spare on my SDHC, not that it matters. Calendar is still a bit slow.
    Last edited by milkpowder; 01-26-09 at 08:33 AM.
    01-26-09 08:29 AM
    loving .90. Aside from the fact i have had 2 random reboots since installing it the first day it was leaked (friday i think) as opposed to 2 reboots on .75 in a month, the overall speed is amazing. Apps open quickly, my memory starts at 50mb after a battery pull in the morning and will only dip down to 39 at the lowest by the end of a day of heavy use. My battery hasnt dropped below 70% after a full day of heavy use (8am-12am). I have had ZERO problems with my camera, even whilst changing the settings. It saves every picture i take no matter what orientation, setting, etc. I cant wait for an official OS release higher than .90, because if .90 is this good i am very confident in the next official release.
    01-26-09 08:38 AM
    Day 2 with .90

I charged the phone and took it off the charger before I went to sleep. 8 or 9 hours later the battery is still full at 90%

No random crashing, still fast. I must be one of the lucky ones(knock on wood) with a good stable Storm.
    01-26-09 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD