From extensive testing, I've noticed that on my phone anyway, when I get anywhere around 40MB or so free app memory is when the phone starts to glitch. No specific glitches, just the normal ones we've come to expect from .90. So, if some of you don't start out in the 50MB range like I and others do, this would explain why you're running into issues right after bootup, while others it takes a few hours or even a day or two.

Again, these are my personal findings, if they don't apply to you, I never said that they would.
    01-29-09 03:56 PM
    From extensive testing, I've noticed that on my phone anyway, when I get anywhere around 40MB or so free app memory is when the phone starts to glitch. No specific glitches, just the normal ones we've come to expect from .90. So, if some of you don't start out in the 50MB range like I and others do, this would explain why you're running into issues right after bootup, while others it takes a few hours or even a day or two.

Again, these are my personal findings, if they don't apply to you, I never said that they would.
    Dittto. Another reason to do preventive log cleaning and bat pull each morning.
    01-29-09 04:54 PM
    my memory is always in between 38 and 45 with .90 and runs fine, but last night it dipped to below 15 and was running EXTREMELY SLOW, eventually it needed 2 battery pulls
    01-29-09 06:51 PM

Agreed 100%! I found the Memory Leak to be quick as well. I'd be at 38-40 within 5 hours after starting with AM battery pull of 56MB. I only had Viigo and Quick Launch installed. Vicious leak IMO.

I'm back on .86 and don't miss any of the problems. So typing is slower and not as nice, but I can listen to my music and the phone hasn't rebooted once.

.90_+ can't come soon enough!
    01-29-09 07:31 PM

good find civic , i would agree, this makes a lot of sense, i am at 64 mb of memory , and have never gone below 55 , and i have NOT HAD ONE ISSUE , NO BUGS NOTHING . so i think your on to something.
    01-29-09 07:38 PM
    how do you guys get your memory to be in the 50's?? no matter what i do i cant get it any higher than 45ish
    01-29-09 07:56 PM
    how do you guys get your memory to be in the 50's?? no matter what i do i cant get it any higher than 45ish
    i am running barebone , i only have the need bes and quick pull, that be it .
    01-29-09 07:58 PM
    does vvm take up alot of that free app space? I have only that and espn mobile, and of course bbm. i feel like my app memory should be higher
    01-29-09 07:59 PM
    does vvm take up alot of that free app space? I have only that and espn mobile, and of course bbm. i feel like my app memory should be higher
    yes , it does , and if you dont use it you should delete it . how much memory you got ? also make sure your not just deleting your icons , but the program too , go to options > advanced options > applications > highlight app > menu delete .
    01-29-09 08:01 PM
    yea thats what i do to delete my apps, but right now my memory is at 43, ill try uninstalling vvm and see what happens.
    01-29-09 08:02 PM
    i would uninstall, if you havent already : vcast , app center , vvm , also make sure when you load your next OS to go to options and unclick all other languages.... also if you want you can use crackmem and that is a great program.
    01-29-09 08:04 PM
    ugh, just restarted after uninstalling vvm, got media card inserted screen now VSOD, DAMN IT, battery pull time.
    01-29-09 08:07 PM
    and yea i never installed vcast to begin with, never use that stuff, app center i didnt delete, just hid it
    01-29-09 08:08 PM
    Check that, make that 2 VSOD's following media card inserted screen on start up, im beginning to get ANNOYED
    01-29-09 08:11 PM
    Hmmm, something here I am not quite getting. I could do a battery pull right now, and -maybe- get 38mb free. I have never seen it about 45. I've closed all the apps that I can.

Is there anyway to actually find out what is taking up the memory - ie a task manager for Storm?
    01-29-09 08:13 PM
    man i do a new install and my mem. never goes above 48. i close all programs when im done and my mem. drops to around 15 by the end of day. dont have any problems just do a softrest in the morning and shes fine no crashes or bugs.
    01-29-09 08:19 PM
    I have been having to reset mine several times durring the day as it begins to lock up. Even after a reset my memory does not go above 42
    01-29-09 08:33 PM
    lol , are you guys using crakmem ?
    01-29-09 08:37 PM
    Ya I start off around 37 and I'm on 86 running pretty good. Usually get down around 15 or so during the day
    01-29-09 09:31 PM
    does the memory just get fragmented? like on a computer?
    01-29-09 09:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD