At least that is what the tech guy at my Verizon store said. I took my storm in yesterday re: resetting itself automatically. They said wait for the update and if it doesn't resolve my issue they will order me a new phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 07:10 AM
    I highly doubt it. .90 is WAY too buggy for them to release... However these are the same people who released the phone with .65 on it, so ya never know!
    01-28-09 07:12 AM
    Well every initial release will have it's issues. .90 might be too buggy, I've read a lot of issues with .90 so I don't think .90 would be an official release.
    01-28-09 07:22 AM
    even if it does come out in 2 weeks. I would have still had a go at them.
    your phone is resetting! You pay good money now, you shouldn't have to wait 2 or 3 weeks for something that works.
    01-28-09 07:27 AM
    Verizon is probably telling their people to say that because too many people are coming to them with probablems asking for a new BB.

whats probably is happening is that verizon is now putting pressure on RIM to release an OS thats decent and Verizon will push out the first POS that doesnt do random restarts.
    01-28-09 07:28 AM
    I hope not, .90 is really buggy.
    01-28-09 07:30 AM
    Never believe what ANY Verizon employee tells you about realease dates or versions. The only time you can believe it, is when you see it available for download on the Verizon site.
    01-28-09 07:31 AM
    Yea can't have OS w this many issues.. I know some storm users who would not even come close to bein able to deal or "fix" the problems experienced on these leaks.

Take a normal person w o crackberry.. W any of the leaked OS so far... Person would prob spontaneously combust

01-28-09 07:31 AM
    I love this world. Whahahaha.

Satan.
    01-28-09 07:33 AM
    Never believe what ANY Verizon employee tells you about realease dates or versions. The only time you can believe it, is when you see it available for download on the Verizon site.
    I'm a VZW employee, and even I don't know of any impending O.S. releases until they're out. In fact, when .75 officially became available, I was reading it on here before it was even internally posted. If a VZW Tech in a store or call center tells you of an upcoming release, take it with a grain of salt. Spotmark is absolutely correct.

As for .90 becoming an official release, I sure hope not. Of all the "leaked" versions that have come out, I've had the most problems with this release.
    01-28-09 07:54 AM
    Verizon is probably telling their people to say that because too many people are coming to them with probablems asking for a new BB.

whats probably is happening is that verizon is now putting pressure on RIM to release an OS thats decent and Verizon will push out the first POS that doesnt do random restarts.
    Verizon is NOT telling their employees to say anything about a software release, date, or version. 99% of the time it is speculation based off these very forums, they know nothing more than you and basically hope that something is coming soon to make the OK .75 way better.

And I highly doubt .90 will be official. �And you know this, Man� �.sorry for the �Friday� quote if you didn�t follow.
    01-28-09 08:35 AM
    aside from a few crackberry members, most VZW techs are not the sharpest tools in the shed.

They actually know less than you if you are active on these forums... lets not forget about all the threads regarding AIM counting as texts as told by VZW Techs!!!
    01-28-09 08:52 AM
    VZW wouldn't just push a Beta OS to the public. If they did release .90 officially it would be a more polished version.

You can't compare beta's to official versions.
    01-28-09 09:11 AM
    If an official version of .90 is released, do those of us running the .90 leak have to install the official version?
    01-28-09 09:26 AM
    My new official response to all such threads is: Save Ferris!

Yes, it's a somewhat obscure reference, so bonus points if you get it.

And since you have all of 2 posts noisufnoc, something you'll quickly learn. Verizon doesn't do anything to the releases once they get them except test them. When .75 leaked here and was then made official, there were no differences, despite what a few crackpot posters might claim. VZW just tests the releases RIM sends them, and they either release it as official or they pass and wait for the next one. Verizon doesn't have a staff of it's own coders who will work on the BB OS.
    01-28-09 09:28 AM
    If an official version of .90 is released, do those of us running the .90 leak have to install the official version?
    no it'll be the same exact file just like .75 was when it was leaked. i doubt its going to be .90 thats official. time will tell, i won't make a speculation as to the # that it will be other then i doubt its .90
    01-28-09 09:31 AM
    VZW wouldn't just push a Beta OS to the public. If they did release .90 officially it would be a more polished version.

You can't compare beta's to official versions.
    There is no difference between a "beta" .90 and an "official" .90 because only one version exists. .90 is what it is and it's all that it ever will be. If anything gets changed, it becomes .91.
    01-28-09 09:33 AM
    aside from a few crackberry members, most VZW techs are not the sharpest tools in the shed.

They actually know less than you if you are active on these forums... lets not forget about all the threads regarding AIM counting as texts as told by VZW Techs!!!
    Unfortunately you are correct. We all go through training when we start in the call centers. Most of us (myself included) start working for VZW and never had BB or smartphone backgrounds. What really helped me a great deal was when I got my Curve last year. Now I have the Storm, and I'm always on Crackberry. Most reps never do upgrade to a smartphone or BB that stay in CS, so yes, you are going to get a lot of pathetic responses to questions, and all we can do is shake our heads at some of the answers given. Then I read where a TECH says that AIM on a BB counts as texts....unbelievable. Crackberry forums should be required reading to all call center reps, and especially the Techs. I sure hope I don't waste my time when I post on Crackberry and try to dispel rumors or add facts on here. If any of you have ever called a call center and spoke to me, you'd know that I'm very passionate about the Blackberry phones and especially the Storm. I usually always direct Storm users to Crackberry for help, guidance and tips. Its the best of the best available site available for us addicts. I also want to apologize to you that get the half-*** answers and inaccurate information from reps and techs too. It is an embarassment sometimes to read on here what techs have told Crackberry users.
    01-28-09 09:38 AM
    .90 may be the best version so far. But they cannot release a version that reboots/crashes/hangs almost daily. Imagine if your laptop just randomly rebooted as you were working, and this happened on a daily basis? Would that OS be acceptable?

I hope they can nail this down soon, they NEED a stable OS first, then work on the camera issues, and other small bugs or enhancements.

Im sure they are aware of this, but every version Ive tried so far including .90 is just not ready to release.
    01-28-09 09:52 AM
    I doubt we'll see more than one update before the new OS with the AppStore (I heard its a big rev jump, similar to apples 1.14 to 2.0). I believe thats going to be a much different OS than the past. T-Minus a month before things get interesting.
    01-28-09 09:53 AM
    At least that is what the tech guy at my Verizon store said. I took my storm in yesterday re: resetting itself automatically. They said wait for the update and if it doesn't resolve my issue they will order me a new phone.

Unless your VZW rep says its coming out in 24 hours, don't believe them. They don't get any more than that much notice.

I'd be skeptical of that anyways. .90 has way too many locking/crashing issues. They wouldn't dare risk releasing it to the masses. their phones would be ringing off the hook.
    Last edited by snork; 01-28-09 at 09:58 AM.
    01-28-09 09:56 AM
    .90 may be the best version so far. But they cannot release a version that reboots/crashes/hangs almost daily. Imagine if your laptop just randomly rebooted as you were working, and this happened on a daily basis? Would that OS be acceptable?
    Once again... Nothing personal, but people in general need to learn that just because something happens to YOU it does NOT mean it happens to anyone else.

And I still don't get people's obsession with a crappy cell phone camera. Just go out and get yourself a proper camera with optical zoom. Sure, it's going to be big and bulky, but if you're taking enough pictures on a cell phone to be this upset over the camera feature, you probably want a real camera anyway. While you can use a hammer to put in screws, you get much better results with a screwdriver. It's all about the proper tool for the job.

I will agree .90 probably isn't quite ready for release yet. I don't have the reboot issue others do, but a couple of times I've pulled my phone out of its holster and it's on the verizon screen of death. That and my battery life has gone down a bit. Other than that though, aside from a few drawing glitches with the phone app, and a so far one off occurrence of the dial pad keys being "sticky", it's been working flawlessly for me. My only real complaint is that my Gmail messages can be significantly delayed, but that's really unlikely anything to do with .90.
    01-28-09 10:28 AM
    I really believe that .90 is NOT going to be an official release. It is one of the more buggy OS leaks we have had in recent weeks. While it is very, very fast and has some new features, those will be put into a new OS update without as many bugs. .95 will most likely be the next OS update. I am looking forward to it. Either way, Verizon and RIM better move their asses!
    01-28-09 10:46 AM
    man everyone is making a thread about a tech telling them this or that. how about we just wait till they announce that they are releasing a update
    01-28-09 10:54 AM
    Once again... Nothing personal, but people in general need to learn that just because something happens to YOU it does NOT mean it happens to anyone else.
    Im sure that the problems that I have dont affect everyone. But Ive had reboot/crash issues on every patch so far. And Ive read enough on this forum to realize that its not just me.

Even if only 10% of users are experiencing these problems, it would be a huge problem. They cannot release an OS where 10% of the users cannot use it.

My point was that they need a stable OS soon, one that is stable for everyone, before it can be released to the mass market. If they release something that ruins the phone for even 10% of their market, theyll have a p.r. disaster on their hands.

Im confident that theyll fix this, but for me at least .90 isnt quite ready.
    Last edited by wmscottmc; 01-28-09 at 11:08 AM.
    01-28-09 11:04 AM
84 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD