I have heard from a number of users that the dial pad during a call has symbols such as "[" instead of numbers on it. Can anyone verify this?

Also, can anyone, take a screenshot if this is in fact the case?

I am trying to decide whether I want to update, and this is yet another factor in that decision.
    01-23-09 07:14 AM
    do it i switched from 85 last nite love it
    01-23-09 07:16 AM
    I had that problem this morning when answering a voice mail and trying to put in my password. Changed back to sure type and tried again, then got normal keyboard. Sorry no screen shots of it.
    01-23-09 08:24 AM
    I had the exact same problem once, i entered my password and it showed up as letters on the screen, obviously still got to hear my voicemail and then i was unable to press "1" during the call.

Tried it again later and numbers showed up as i entered them during the call and was able to press "1".

Happened for first time right after i upgraded to .90
    01-23-09 08:32 AM
    On mine, the dial pad is normal except on the "0" key, under the number, there is a symbol on top of a symbol. Both are similar to an underscore ( _ ) but the one on top is a little bigger and more bold...so goofy.
    01-23-09 08:33 AM
    go into options ---> screen/keyboard ---> Portait View Keyboard

make sure its set to Suretype or Multitap.

The problem is with the Full Keyboard, it was in another thread on here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=142886
    Last edited by kermalou; 01-23-09 at 02:05 PM.
    01-23-09 01:29 PM
    Yeah I have the same problem. Ii find that if i bring up the dial pad as soon as i click the voicemail button. If i wait to hit the keypad button it gives me the funky keypad.
    On another note, I believe for this reason alone verizon will not release .90 as a official release. The funkey keypad makes the voicemail unusable when it pops up.
    01-23-09 03:19 PM
    I found if I hit the VM shortcut icon, when I bring up the dialpad I get the messed up keypad. Then I found if I just hit *86, the dialpad is fine. I also found that if I dial any number that is in my address book, if I have to bring up the dial pad, it is funky, but dial the 10 digit number instead, then the dial pad is fine. I guess the bottom line is don't dial anything stored in the phone's address book until the next version fixes this annoying issue.
    01-23-09 09:02 PM
    I had the messed up key pad trying to make a call from my calendar. Yes, I'm using the full keypad in portrait, which I like more than suretype. I've also had two other issues with the phone today.

1. Put the phone on mute, but could not take it off. I had to hang up twice and dial back into a call.

2. Can not dial my own vmx messages. When I try to hold down the "1" key (which has a pause and my pin embedded), I get an exception to the effect that it does not recognize the pause

anyone else seen these?
    01-23-09 10:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD