how's the lag when unlocking the phone?

this has been the most frustrating thing for me on all of the os's thus far. there's a bit of lag (not excessive but enough to be annoying) between when you hit the unlock key and when the phone actually comes back to life.
    01-22-09 08:49 AM
    what applications a re missing
    01-22-09 08:52 AM
    you have to go into the settings to change the keyboard....

also, there are new clock displays, if you go change the clock settings, 2 new ones

LCD Digital and FLIP Clock

Those clocks were always there

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 08:54 AM
    Can anyone confirm that app switcher is constant?

My biggest problem with .8x releases was app switcher would disappear after a full's day usage.
    01-22-09 08:55 AM
    ok one thing i dont like, is when you go into messages and select a group of them, the bottom menu does not change. It use to change where there was an icon for mark all as read.

I miss that!
    01-22-09 09:03 AM
    This is a message to the grammar policeman, AND to those chastising him. CHILL OUT!!!!!
    01-22-09 09:07 AM
    I'm not understanding the keyboard update everyone is talking about. Comparing your photo to my keyboard (OS.75) there is absolutely no difference. Same number of buttons, same type graphic in the same sequence on each button.

What changed?
    That picture was posted for reference purposes because someone asked to check the keyboard on .75.

The .90 keyboard in portrait allows for full QWERTY.
    01-22-09 09:16 AM
    ok saw something else. on a call screen where it says My Number (then your number) the font for "My Number " the "r" runs right into your phone number, needs to be a space there ....just something I noticed.
    01-22-09 09:17 AM
    back button seems slow.
    01-22-09 09:31 AM
    I am getting some big memory leaks in .90. Started with 48 mg now I am steady at 30. Performance is still awesome though. No media problems. Received a call whole listening to some RHCP with. O lockups and so far so good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 09:37 AM
    I noticed when doing the upgrade that it said it would be removing AIM, Google Talk, Facebook, and something else. But they were listed in the apps to be installed list. I've never seen it remove apps before, and I've done every leaked upgrade since I got the phone. Hopefully this just means they're being totally cleared out for new versions.
    01-22-09 09:46 AM
    I didnt like the larger fonts and images on the home screen buttons. I had the camara freeze on me, freezing my phone, then it rebooted by itself. In some screens the phone was also stuck in multitap mode despite trying to manually change it to SureType.
    Downgraded back to .86 for me.
    01-22-09 09:53 AM
    Oh my god! It's not the perfect white-man's english. How can he live with himself?!

A-hole
    About the same way the French live with themselves! If you've ever been there... you better speak French or they'll ignore you like you're a second class human!

Sorry.. OT Won't do it again.. any time soon
    01-22-09 09:59 AM
    I'm not understanding the keyboard update everyone is talking about. Comparing your photo to my keyboard (OS.75) there is absolutely no difference. Same number of buttons, same type graphic in the same sequence on each button.

What changed?
    This isn't a pic of the NEW QWERTY Portrait Keyboard... Check the Official .90 LEAK thread. There are several pictures of the NEW keyboard with single letters in the Keyboard. I've tried it and like it! with Auto Word Correct ( not suretype) turned on it works real well even with fat fingers.!
    01-22-09 10:03 AM
    I didnt like the larger fonts and images on the home screen buttons. I had the camara freeze on me, freezing my phone, then it rebooted by itself. In some screens the phone was also stuck in multitap mode despite trying to manually change it to SureType.
    Downgraded back to .86 for me.
    Did you do a complete wipe?
    01-22-09 10:06 AM
    About the same way the French live with themselves! If you've ever been there... you better speak French or they'll ignore you like you're a second class human!

Sorry.. OT Won't do it again.. any time soon
    wow whats with the ignorance. That can be true no matter where you go, but from first hand experience in Montreal Quebec people were very polite and helpful. why dont you stick to reviewing the .90 build, otherwise in the words of the great Doug Heffernan "Shuttey!"
    01-22-09 10:06 AM
    I noticed when doing the upgrade that it said it would be removing AIM, Google Talk, Facebook, and something else. But they were listed in the apps to be installed list. I've never seen it remove apps before, and I've done every leaked upgrade since I got the phone. Hopefully this just means they're being totally cleared out for new versions.
    Pete6's Crackmem program will remove the crapware from your BB if you like.

Also I just did a reboot (softreset) timing and it took less than 4 minutes!!!! Yea!
    01-22-09 10:11 AM
    wow whats with the ignorance. That can be true no matter where you go, but from first hand experience in Montreal Quebec people were very polite and helpful. why dont you stick to reviewing the .90 build, otherwise in the words of the great Doug Heffernan "Shuttey!"
    Sorry, didn't mean all French Speakers... Love Montreal and the people there! And you are correct that it can happen in any City in any Country. Maybe this is a French thing only in Paris and other big cities... Touchy, touchy!

Moderators.. I PROMISE to stay On Topic from now on!

Btw, I love .90. Couple of on-going issues like resetting on playing MP3s but otherwise it's been really great!
    01-22-09 10:13 AM
    Responding to my own post for an update --

The apps were there, with all settings the same as before, after the upgrade. So, this is most likely not an issue.

As for the rest of .90: portrait mode keyboard is full of awesome. I'll have to let it sit for a week before I know if it's going to do the same thing as every other leaked OS -- lock button stops working, backlight never dims down to black. Battery pull never fixes the problem once it starts. Fortunately, leaked OS's have been frequent enough that upgrading the OS has been the solution to getting rid of this problem.

I've only ever gotten the memory card issue once, pulled battery, removed SD card, booted, put it back and fixed it. Haven't seen it on .90 because I didn't do a batt pull yet, but I tend to work fine for many days after an upgrade without it. After all the thing basically does a full reset when it installs the OS anyway.

SO FAR, as with every other upgrade, its working fine for now.
    01-22-09 11:38 AM
    Did you do a complete wipe?

Of course. JL Commander
    01-22-09 12:24 PM
    LOVE IT! Had a ton of issues with .86 and was worried about another leaked upgrade. But I'm sold! This is the way the phone should have operated from the start. Granted, its not perfect but they are getting closer. Woo Hoo!
    01-22-09 12:43 PM
    LOVE IT! Had a ton of issues with .86 and was worried about another leaked upgrade. But I'm sold! This is the way the phone should have operated from the start. Granted, its not perfect but they are getting closer. Woo Hoo!
    HUmm... I ad better give this another shot. Seems like there is a lot more positive feedback then .86 did when it was first leaked...

I know what im doing tonight.....
    01-22-09 01:13 PM
    can someone tell me from what link am i supposed to download the firmware updates???? thank youuuu
    02-09-09 10:56 PM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD