its great! so far so good!
    01-22-09 12:34 AM
    Awesome! With the exception of the still missing video bluetooth support, this looks to be the OS I was waiting for.

SOmething I noticed about the camera. In previous versions it seemed like the photo was saved to memory BEFORE the shutter sound, which is what caused the delay. Now it takes the picture and the shutter sound happens right away, THEN it says it's saving it. This is the way it should have worked before.

Although I will still mostly type in landscape, I am one of the happy ones that there is a QWERTY option in portrait mode. The multi-tap and SureType were driving me nuts!

Most importantly, the disaster, AKA .86, is gone!

Nice work RIM...keep 'em coming!
    01-22-09 12:40 AM
    Is this in English?????
    Oh my god! It's not the perfect white-man's english. How can he live with himself?!

A-hole
    01-22-09 12:45 AM
    not so awesome here, 10 minutes in and the device is plain frozen with backlight at 100% on main homescreen (full listing).. all i did was hold down BB key to bring up app switcher.

seems app switcher is still really buggy.
    01-22-09 12:51 AM
    i need a very faster camero!
    01-22-09 12:52 AM
    not so awesome here, 10 minutes in and the device is plain frozen with backlight at 100% on main homescreen (full listing).. all i did was hold down BB key to bring up app switcher.

seems app switcher is still really buggy.
    Works fine for me, never have had a problem with it. Seems again, the OS can work perfectly on some peoples phones and not so perfect with others. Try a long battery pull, followed by letting the phone sit for 10 minutes once its booted up.
    01-22-09 12:53 AM
    A-hole
    Nice job crashberry....you had to go and make it a racial thing didn't you!
    01-22-09 12:59 AM
    Ok, been playing with every app and button on the Storm, I am NOT having any issues as of right now.
    This is a lot faster than .86 and feels perfect. I can't find anything wrong (for now)!:}
    01-22-09 01:00 AM
    I just noticed that there is no LED blinking while charging. Also after a full charge no Green LED.
    01-22-09 01:32 AM
    -Accelerometer VERY faster then .86
    -New icon PHONE for call log ( dont need to go and unhide Call log icon in app)
    -Font size of home page LARGER
    -Keyboard font larger
    -Camero VERY faster

Everything is VERY faster then .86 !! i love it !

but application missing

it is wut i found for now.. since i installed it 5 min ago
    Seriously, the accelerometer is so fast it isn't even funny. The camera is also much faster and I'm digging the new spacing between the keys.
    01-22-09 01:51 AM
    Nice job crashberry....you had to go and make it a racial thing didn't you!
    Yep...calls em likes I sees em.
    01-22-09 01:54 AM
    I love this new update! Definitely made it a whole lot closer to being as stable as the Bold. It will only get better too. New apps coming in March. I CANT WAIT. Things I've noticed in .90....

-Smoother scrolling everywhere
    -More free memory
    -Full keyboard in portrait mode
    -New "PHONE" button on home menu
    -Slightly larger font for buttons on home screen (portrait mode)
    -Calls seem to stay strictly in portrait mode (Always been this way? I just posted a thread about it)
    -Lock/Unlock is much more responsive (One of my favorite new features)
    -Faster Camera
    -Faster Browser

By far, best OS update yet.
    01-22-09 02:05 AM
    I did a JL wipe and lost my bberry maps and application center, please help?
    01-22-09 03:04 AM
    same !! application center lost !! hosting table register and resending service bookmarks didnt bring them back !!

01-22-09 06:26 AM
    same !! application center lost !! hosting table register and resending service bookmarks didnt bring them back !!

Did you choose to install it when you did the update? It's an option in the apps to install
    01-22-09 06:33 AM
    so far this is great i had really liked .86 at first but then it started freezing randomly and lagging with accelerometer a lot so far though .90 is great glad they got rid of the fade in and out transitions its so much more instant now, and finally scrolling up and down apps list on main page is not choppy, phone app comes up instant, everything is fast, bigger landscape keyboard is so nice, though i can see why they had suretype in portrait and full keyboard is slim and will take a little getting used to. They are definitely on right track cant wait till we get to 100+
    01-22-09 07:24 AM
    PICS PLEASE!!! Keyboard, icons?? lets see'm !
    there in the "official .90 thread" like 15 times...
    01-22-09 07:53 AM
    Did you choose to install it when you did the update? It's an option in the apps to install
    yeah i did !! i searched forum.. i did everything ppl said^^
    01-22-09 08:03 AM
    i need a very faster camero!
    well i would love a really fast comaro, black, 66' oh yes!!! nips getting hard thinking about it.
    01-22-09 08:15 AM
    can someone w .75 confirm that keyboard in landscape is always capital letters, even when typing lower case. w .90 they are always lower case, can this be changed?
    I'm still on .75 at the moment. The keyboard is all caps, even when typing lowercase
    01-22-09 08:24 AM
    This is my first leak os upgrade and I'm loving it. There is still a lag when typing in a browser like I'm doing right now though. Otherwise this a great os. Much faster in all respects.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 08:30 AM
    I d/l all the leaks as they come out. With every one I always see an improvement somewhere, and a step back elsewhere. For example, in .86 in camera mode, the transparent bar across the bottom was awesome, but then the downfall I found was scrolling through messages it would not allow me to scroll down without hitting the down arrow.

I installed .90 and the jury is still out. Portrait mode full keyboard is awesome (thanks RIM). I took a picture, all was fine, it saved perfectly, went to take a second picture and my camera is resetting it self right now. Sure hope this isn't the bug I encounter with this new leaked O.S. I haven't really had a chance to read other posts but sounds like this camera thing I just encountered might be a bug. Also, seems like a reboot takes a little longer than other versions.
    01-22-09 08:37 AM
    Here you go
    I'm not understanding the keyboard update everyone is talking about. Comparing your photo to my keyboard (OS.75) there is absolutely no difference. Same number of buttons, same type graphic in the same sequence on each button.

What changed?
    01-22-09 08:38 AM
    Hi everyone,
    Does this new OS stops the phone from freezing up?
    01-22-09 08:42 AM
    you have to go into the settings to change the keyboard....

also, there are new clock displays, if you go change the clock settings, 2 new ones

LCD Digital and FLIP Clock
    01-22-09 08:48 AM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD