well i have the opportunity to go from a 8830 we to a storm or a curve.

i DO love the 8830 and all of its capabilities, but after hearing that the 8830 is pretty much a goner, ive been having mixed emotions.

i do love the 8830 for its keyboard and functionality, but the ringer volume sucks and i feel that im getting left behind, while new firmware and devices are releasing my device is left in the dust.

this thread will basically determine the fate of my beloved 8830we.

tell me the pros and cons of the storm and help me make my decision!
    02-17-09 03:06 AM
    I made the same switch, and as much as i love my storm, i dont think you'll enjoy it that much..theres times when i almost avoid txt/email with this phone due to text entry..if its multimedia your after then its great..i think its coming down to what you value more, productivity or media...
    02-17-09 03:14 AM
    Its really your preference. It took me a long time to get used to typing on the storm and I too avoided emails/txts for a while. But honestly, it gets easier and I must admit somewhere along the line I fell in love with my storm. But, the curve is an amazing phone as well so if you try the storm and don't like the feeling of the virtual keyboard the Curve is a no brainer.
    02-17-09 07:16 AM
    There is just a "wall" with the Storm typing and once you break it you are typing just as fast as any of the other phones, SureType really helps as well.
    02-17-09 07:19 AM
    there's a definite learning curve on the storm, for me, with every aspect of the phone, once i got my basic navigation down, text entry, and all my individual housekeeping woes under control, i see the storm as just as functional as the curve, just not as out of the box user friendly.
    02-17-09 07:56 AM
    You do know that an official OS update is available for your 8830. Version 4.5.127 from telus on RIm's website and it fixes most of the ringer problems. It works great! However, on the storm, once you get used to it, typing is not all that bad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Jfruits1; 02-17-09 at 08:17 AM.
    02-17-09 08:10 AM
    and don't forget the Niagara is coming soon!
    02-17-09 08:37 AM
    ^^^what is niagara?
    02-17-09 02:07 PM
    ^^^what is niagara?
    Search this site - tons of threads - basically a Bold-like device that will replace the 8830 for VZW & Sprint. I think it is going to look a lot like the 8900, just bigger.
    02-17-09 02:38 PM
    i made the same switch only thing i miss is how easier it was for me to select stuff to copy and paste with a track ball.....ohh and the service i had with alltel on the 8830
    02-17-09 02:49 PM
    I went from a 8830 to a storm last week. I love the storm miss my 8830 but not enough to go back. I can't wait till the 8900 comes out cause I'm giving my storm to my wife and getting the 8900.
    02-17-09 04:04 PM
    I switched from the 8830 to the Storm and agree with what most of the others have said about the learning curve. Once you get past it as it relates to typing and the other nuances of the phone I think you'll be pleased with it, but it definitely does take some getting used to.
    02-17-09 05:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD