when you use crackmem to optimize the os is it necessary to to it before the install on the pc or can it be done after and then reloaded onto the phone?
    01-14-09 12:39 PM
    the only reason i ask is because i have .86 on the phone and im thinking i want to take some stuff off
    01-14-09 12:39 PM
    After installed on PC and BEFORE installed on phone. Can try reloading the OS - not sure how well it will work. Also here are a bunch of facebook and flikr items that still need to be manually removed.
    01-14-09 12:45 PM
    CrackMem was designed to work with the OS before it was installed on the phone. LAter we found that if you still had the OS installed on your PC and deleted more stuff using CrackMem then Desktop MAnager would remove these files too. It was happy accidental find.

However it does not work with all files. It seems that some cod files are unbundled on th phone and once they componet files have been unbundled and installed then you cannot get them off unless you re-install the OS from scratch.

You may be better served using CrackUtil provided that you know the exact filename you wish to remove.
    01-14-09 12:47 PM
    thats what i figured as well, eh if nothing else ill just wait till the next update comes out and do it then, no biggie, i was just looking for something to tear up haha.
    01-14-09 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD