Alright just had a meltdown......

I have had .85 loaded for a couple of hours with no issue, all of a sudden I got a Sim card rejected message on the top of the screen and a red "SOS" where the siganal meter is!

Battery pull> when the Storm restarted I ended up with a Media card inserted frozen screen........

WTF?
    12-27-08 03:38 PM
    Beats the **** out of me.

I took my SIM card out after I kept getting those SIM Card Error problems after the unscrew screen fix.
    12-27-08 03:50 PM
    Crap another battery pull wont hurt
    12-27-08 03:53 PM
    5 battery pulls to get it to work! Not really thrilled!
    12-27-08 03:54 PM
    all you have to do is keep doing a battery pull over and over until it works
    12-27-08 03:58 PM
    5 battery pulls to get it to work! Not really thrilled!
    Go back to .76. Has the same issues that .83 did it seems with the sim card and Verizon wallpaper lock up. Having to do 5 batteries pulls means this update is totally not ready for official release. But.. Something tells me Verizon will stupidly release it anyway...
    12-27-08 04:02 PM
    will it continue to happen?
    12-27-08 04:02 PM
    how do I go back to .75?
    12-27-08 04:03 PM
    this is why i refuse to put pirated software on my phone...

"WOW...MY PHONE FLIPS FASTER"

was that really worth it?
    12-27-08 04:03 PM

haha yes yes
    12-27-08 04:06 PM
    Try changing the Network from GLOBAL to 1XEV, should do the trick.
    12-27-08 04:09 PM

No, LOL.....Well, up and running now! Just trying to figure out how to get .75 back!
    12-27-08 04:15 PM

Yes...
    Dont be so negative... its all in good fun.

As far as the original problem, I had a similiar issue.. after an hour or so.. verizon screen was coming up... 2 battery pulls it was gone. trying leave the battery out for about a minute, then put it back in.
    12-27-08 04:15 PM
    Just found this on Howard

Your phone is set up for 1XEV while in the U.S. If your phone is in a low signal area and it loses the 1XEV, since the default setting is "GLOBAL", and your SIM card is not activated out of the box, it couldn't get on a GSM network, so therefore you are getting the "SIM Card Rejected" message. The reason the battery pull works sometimes, but comes back is because when you rebooted, your phone found 1X or 1XEV, until the next time it can't find signal (you get the cycle now).

So, simple solution:

1. Manage Connections
    2. Select "Mobile Network Options"
    3. Network Technology: Change to 1XEV
    4. Save

You won't get SIM Card rejected.
    12-27-08 04:16 PM
    will it continue to happen?
    It would do it on and off for me. Sometimes when I did SoftReset I'd get the lock up and sometimes I wouldn't. Sometimes it would load fine after a battery pull and then I had to pull the sim card out to get it to reboot. As soon as it loaded back up I wiped it and went back to .76.

You can goto:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...646D38BC2145CA to download .76 under where it says Blackberry Storm Smartphone. You'll need to delete the vendor file as well. Check the forums on how to wipe your phone and update.
    12-27-08 04:16 PM
    Just found this on Howard

Your phone is set up for 1XEV while in the U.S. If your phone is in a low signal area and it loses the 1XEV, since the default setting is "GLOBAL", and your SIM card is not activated out of the box, it couldn't get on a GSM network, so therefore you are getting the "SIM Card Rejected" message. The reason the battery pull works sometimes, but comes back is because when you rebooted, your phone found 1X or 1XEV, until the next time it can't find signal (you get the cycle now).

So, simple solution:

1. Manage Connections
    2. Select "Mobile Network Options"
    3. Network Technology: Change to 1XEV
    4. Save

You won't get SIM Card rejected.
    I put mine at 1XEV when I got it. I was getting the media card error with the Verizon screen with .83 and sounds like .85 does the same from reading through all the threads.
    12-27-08 04:18 PM
    Go back to .76. Has the same issues that .83 did it seems with the sim card and Verizon wallpaper lock up. Having to do 5 batteries pulls means this update is totally not ready for official release. But.. Something tells me Verizon will stupidly release it anyway...
    no that update is not ready for OFFICAL release, that is why Verizon HAS not released it yet, and right now have no intentions to do so the only one we Recommend and support is the .75
    12-27-08 04:20 PM

its not pirated. it will probably be the next release from vzw.

the sd card issue isnt a software issue. its the same reason people are having click screen issues. if you had to do a fix for that, your probably going to have problems with the sd card sliding, or not making a good connection.

but my main point is that it is not pirated software.
    12-27-08 04:21 PM
    I changed to 1XEV, I will give it one more shot, after that I'm wiping it and putting .75 back!
    12-27-08 04:22 PM
    This phone is getting more annoying...more than anything.
    12-27-08 04:25 PM
    I changed to 1XEV, I will give it one more shot, after that I'm wiping it and putting .75 back!
    The surefire way to get rid of the simcard error forever is to pull the damn sim card, you don't need it ever in the US. Take it out.
    Oh yeah, and you might want to post in the proper area, I hear tell the new mod is kinda tough on that
    12-27-08 04:27 PM
    No, LOL.....Well, up and running now! Just trying to figure out how to get .75 back!
    go to BlackBerry® Software Updates then down at the bottom click on personal email and then put in the device you have and scroll to the bottom and follow the instruction to "upgrade" even tho you are downgrading
    12-27-08 04:27 PM
    this has NOTHING to do with the new software other than the fact that you reset your network settings with it
    12-27-08 04:29 PM
    no that update is not ready for OFFICAL release, that is why Verizon HAS not released it yet, and right now have no intentions to do so the only one we Recommend and support is the .75
    .83 and .85 aren't official releases neither. .76 I found to work better than the official .75 release from Verizon. Better performance. .83 and .85 are just way too buggy with the card lockups and Verizon screen. If Verizon releases .85 the way it is now I have no intentions on upgrading to it OFFICIAL OR NOT.
    12-27-08 04:35 PM
    this has NOTHING to do with the new software other than the fact that you reset your network settings with it
    yea, I think your right with regard to to the "SIM" card error message. However, the 5X Battery pull to get it to load is part of the .85 software, I've nver had that issue before today!
    12-27-08 04:38 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD