1. Let the battery drain until the phone shuts off.

2. Then do a FULL charge. Now the battery charges pretty fast to 90%. However the last 10% can take several hours. Don't be surprised if it takes 8+ hours (I let it charge non-stop). It will be 100% when the "electric bolt" disappears.

3. Disconnect the charger.

4. Then do a battery pull. This should fix it.

My battery died twice within 6 to 8 hours of "idle" after .85 install losing around a "half bar" on the battery icon approximately every half hour. The first death happened over night. The second time happened after 8 hours (12PM to 8:30PM) while using no apps and a 5 minute phone call. I've read similar post on here with the same problem.

After the FULL charge and battery pull, I have used it to surf, chat, SMS, and GPS for the past 12 hours. All the bars on the battery icon are still lit. I was very surprised by the huge difference in battery life.

Rich.
    Heres an update to this fix:

1. Let the battery drain until the phone shuts off.

2. Then do a FULL charge. Now the battery charges pretty fast to 90%. However the last 10% can take several hours. Don't be surprised if it takes 8+ hours (I let it charge non-stop). It will be 100% when the "electric bolt" disappears.

3. Disconnect the charger.

4. Then do a battery pull.

5. Do the hokey poky and turn your self around.

That advice is totally bogus. Only way to extend battery life is to allow the battery to drain prior to recharging. The fewer recharges the better.

Thats what its all about!
    01-02-09 12:35 PM
    Totally bogus? Hmmm, did I ever state that this would "extend" your battery life?

I purchased my Blackberry on 12/24 with battery life that didn't die within several hours. After the .85 install, and charge, it died within 6-8 hours (twice) without using it. I was ready to downgrade because I needed it for work the next day, but I decided to do a full charge and a battery pull. It worked. I know how batteries work and I am not claiming I fixed the battery itself, but rather what ever glitch I was experiencing with the unofficial OS that I installed.

I also noticed a few people on here experiencing similar battery life problems after the .85 install. Whence I decided to post my experience. Therefore if this post does not apply to you, then move on.

Rich.
    01-02-09 10:21 PM
    Same thing I was experiencing. It took about 9 hours for the "bolt" to disappear. Did a battery pull, no problem since. That "bolt" will eventually disappear.
    01-02-09 10:24 PM
    well i'm gonna try it on mine tonight. After all, what do I have to lose.
    01-03-09 01:36 AM
    I've found out it just takes time. I thought I had a crappy battery, but I let my phone completely die twice, almost 3 times. The lightning bolt used to go away after 10+ hours of charging. After warming up the battery however (letting it die, charging it full), my battery charges fully within 1 nights sleep and has fantastic life. It got a good amount of use today (A lot of calls, texts, BBM, picture taking, and word mole between my friends) and I'm putting it back on the charger at 30%.
    01-03-09 03:49 AM
    I think you guys are looking at this all wrong�

If you read all the posts about the software issues with this phone� everyone talks about buying third party apps to fix these issues (or features depending on who is talking?).

So, a possible fix for this would be to look for nice stylish backpack that could conveniently hold a small �lead acid� car battery! Then you would be good to go!

On the surface this may seem like an absurd fix� unlike of coarse bending your phone by stuffing business cards in the back, fully disassembling to stuff foam in cracks or sending it back 4 times to get the same unit�

Wait, Wait, before the flaming begins or accusations of being negative or a whining or MAYBE even a bad speller� I have to state to the world�!

Personally, my phone is flawless and I have not experienced any of the problems you mention�� I bet your phone forgot to �wipe� itself before swallowing that last leak!
    01-03-09 08:07 AM
    I've found out it just takes time. I thought I had a crappy battery, but I let my phone completely die twice, almost 3 times. The lightning bolt used to go away after 10+ hours of charging. After warming up the battery however (letting it die, charging it full), my battery charges fully within 1 nights sleep and has fantastic life. It got a good amount of use today (A lot of calls, texts, BBM, picture taking, and word mole between my friends) and I'm putting it back on the charger at 30%.
    I agree. Maybe the battery pull had nothing to do with it, thus it was 3 times the charm. I am really not sure, but I just figured that I would post what I did and hope it helps.

Rich.
    01-03-09 06:51 PM
    While I am well aware that NiH and LiH batteries are supposed to be able to be charged fully from any discharge point, I will point out that on my laptop (a new Micron PC (MPC) with a big LiH battery, they have a "Calibrate Battery" feature which operates exactly the same as Foobash's procedure. You full discharge the battery, then fully charge it and the battery life improves. On the laptop, you have to put it into a special mode to do this, but there is no reason why this could not be automatic on the Storm. I would not be so quick to dis this advice. I would try it and see. I will try it tomorrow. 73
    01-04-09 12:49 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD