My curve 8330 was on the fritz so I decided to try out the Storm 2 and I gotta say WOW!! I had always just figured I'd upgrade to the Curve 2 but now I'm not so sure. The touchscreen is a little hard to get used to but WAY better than the Dare I used to have. Right now my only issue is trying to keep the screen free from smudges. I hate to say it but it drives me nuts! It has a screen protector on it but that doesn't help at all. Any suggestions? After two days of playing with this phone I'm not so sure I want to go back to the curve.
    05-01-10 01:40 PM
    Hahaha , welcome to the 9550. Try using the speakerphone or just rest it on hour ear instead of your cheek. That helps. Also get a microfiber cloth and keep it in the car. Hope that helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-10 02:03 PM
    I can't believe how fast this phone is and the screen is great. My heart was set on a cool lavender curve but I just can't imagine it topping this phone.

Oh and thanks for the tip about the cloths. I have a few lying around so I will be sure to toss one in the car.
    05-01-10 02:30 PM
    I came from the Curve too and thought I would miss a real keyboard but I won't go back now. I keep my Curve as my backup though.
    05-01-10 02:44 PM
    i didn't go to a Storm because i think i'd miss the keyboard. Maybe not though. Do you guys miss the keyboard shortcuts? Or does the Storm have its own shortcuts?

i'm really thinking about a touch screen now for the browsing experience. Maybe Storm 3...

05-01-10 03:05 PM
    There's anti-fingerprint screen protectors you can get on eBay and online stores, they really cut down on the smudging. (I've heard, my anti-glare / anti-fingerprint ones should be here within days)

The Storm still has keyboard shortcuts, you can pull up the keyboard anywhere, you just have to make sure it's the portrait QWERTY. I personally don't find I need them between flick scrolling and QL, it's pretty easy to get around the phone quickly. But I know some people can't live without them.
    05-01-10 03:08 PM
    To the OP:

One of the few irritating things about my Storm2 when I first got it was the attraction the screen had for fingerprints. The prints were really annoying to me and I found myself wiping the screen multiple times a day just to keep the screen reasonably clear.

After reading some reviews on this board about the Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint screen protectors, I decided to give them a try. What a difference! This film has completely eliminated the fingerprint problem on my screen -- highly recommended.
    05-01-10 03:43 PM

After reading some reviews on this board about the Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint screen protectors, I decided to give them a try. What a difference! This film has completely eliminated the fingerprint problem on my screen -- highly recommended.
    Where did you buy the Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint screen protector?
    05-01-10 04:27 PM
    I got them from Amazon. As I remember, it was via a third party. But, you should be able to order them through Amazon.

(Make sure you order the Anti-Fingerprint ones, as they sell several different types of protective film. Also, make sure that you order the ones specifically for the Storm2.)
    05-01-10 04:51 PM
    http://www.sgpstore.com/product_info.php/cPath/23_32/products_id/994

05-01-10 05:01 PM
    hmm i not to sure but i can find out for you...
    05-01-10 11:31 PM
    My curve 8330 was on the fritz so I decided to try out the Storm 2 and I gotta say WOW!! I had always just figured I'd upgrade to the Curve 2 but now I'm not so sure. The touchscreen is a little hard to get used to but WAY better than the Dare I used to have. Right now my only issue is trying to keep the screen free from smudges. I hate to say it but it drives me nuts! It has a screen protector on it but that doesn't help at all. Any suggestions? After two days of playing with this phone I'm not so sure I want to go back to the curve.
    Face it...you're not going back. Once you have the s2 for a few days you'll be so hooked you'll easily forget about your curve. If you type a lot, once you get Used to the keyboard you will like it much better than your curve's keyboard...not only that but the larger screen and overall speed is much better.

05-02-10 07:41 AM
    I agree with FuzzyB. I'm hooked and I can type fast on my S2.

05-02-10 10:57 AM
    I came from the S1 just about 2 weeks ago and this phone is so much faster, has A lot more memory, and has wifi. I love it

05-02-10 11:08 AM
    I also upgraded from the S1 about 2 weeks ago and love this phone!

05-02-10 11:20 AM
    Face it...you're not going back. Once you have the s2 for a few days you'll be so hooked you'll easily forget about your curve. If you type a lot, once you get Used to the keyboard you will like it much better than your curve's keyboard...not only that but the larger screen and overall speed is much better.

I think you may be correct! With 2 teenagers and a preteen I text A LOT so I have steered away from the touchscreens in favor of a keyboard but I think this keyboard is bigger and easier than the keys on a lot of phones with a physical keyboard.
    05-02-10 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD