I upgraded to .83 to find that no apps that .75 were there. so im back to .75. .83 is not a full release. Its a beta. DO NOT UPGRADE unless testing for RIM.
    12-20-08 04:47 PM
    What are you talking about? I didn't lose any of my apps when I upgraded to .83? What you just said made no sense at all...

EDIT: Please don't spread mis-information when you have no idea what you are talking about or doing.
    12-20-08 04:49 PM
    .83 works just fine for me been on it since day one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-08 04:49 PM
    I upgraded to .83 to find that no apps that .75 were there. so im back to .75. .83 is not a full release. Its a beta. DO NOT UPGRADE unless testing for RIM.

Your wrong.
    12-20-08 04:50 PM
    Well, when i put it on my storm, no app center, visual voicemail, documents to go, games, and no vz navigator. I couldn't even download them. So, I do make sense.
    12-20-08 04:51 PM
    All you had to do was Plug in device>Open DM>Apploader>Add/Remove> and put a check mark in the boxes of the applications you wanted installed and it would have installed them.

Edit: Theres no half/releases or half a OS.
    12-20-08 04:53 PM
    What are you talking about? I didn't lose any of my apps when I upgraded to .83? What you just said made no sense at all...

EDIT: Please don't spread mis-information when you have no idea what you are talking about or doing.
    Being Rude gets you nowhere. I know what i had on my phone. You didn't. If you want to come to my place to put it on for me then well see. I did a complete wipe if you are wondering.
    Well, when i put it on my storm, no app center, visual voicemail, documents to go, games, and no vz navigator. I couldn't even download them. So, I do make sense.
    That's because you did not backup/install the upgrade right.
    All my apps were there, and they all run faster too. Sure you did it right?
    All you had to do was Plug in device>Open DM>Apploader>Add/Remove> and put a check mark in the boxes of the applications you wanted installed and it would have installed them.
    Tried that, they were not there. Plus, isn't the app center included in the core OS?
    Last edited by njc5096; 12-20-08 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Misprint
    12-20-08 04:54 PM
    Being Rude gets you nowhere. I know what i had on my phone. You didn't. If you want to come to my place to put it on for me then well see. I did a complete wipe if you are wondering.
    I was not being rude, I was simply telling you not to spread mis-information.
    12-20-08 04:54 PM
    Do I have to delete vender for Verizon?
    12-20-08 04:55 PM
    See it is people like this who should not be allowed to upgrade their own devices. Please OP learn to RTFM and research before you try to do something this technical again.

Also are you sure you actually did the update correctly? Did you make a backup before wiping and updating your phone?

Also all I can say is WOW just WOW on this. I am sure if the show laces did not come prelaced in the shoes you just bought you would think the shoes were not made right?
    I was not being rude, I was simply telling you not to spread mis-information.
    Sounded rude, but i trust you. I am not trying to spread wrong info. Just explaining what happeded to me.
    See it is people like this who should not be allowed to upgrade their own devices. Please OP learn to RTFM and research before you try to do something this technical again.

Also all I can say is WOW just WOW on this. I am sure if the show laces did not come prelaced in the shoes you just bought you would think the shoes were not made right?
    LOL now this was being rude, my post was not being rude
    12-20-08 04:56 PM

Get a Life. Your not helping me. People like this should not be allowed to post comments if they are rude and non helpful.
    12-20-08 04:56 PM
    Do I have to delete vender for Verizon?
    No you do not need to delete the vendor file. But since you asked that question please make sure you are sure you know what you are doing before you do the upgrade. Check out the FAQ section on this site.
    12-20-08 04:57 PM
    god damn, sorry I have to go against the new year's resolution here: you are straight ******** njc... as CX just said go to add/remove and add the applications that you had on there, once you have the app center back up then you can dl all of those things. (back up your apps next time too)

stop spreading misinformation, this OS is great and highly recommended for any storm user who wants to see an increase in performance and functionality.
    LOL now this was being rude, my post was not being rude
    I so agree.
    Sounded rude, but i trust you. I am not trying to spread wrong info. Just explaining what happeded to me.
    Thats fine. In that situations you should have posted the subject something like "No apps after .83 upgrade, Help please!" or put something in the body of your message saying something along the lines of after you upgraded all of your apps are gone, what did I do wrong? Not just assume that the OS was an incomplete Beta.
    12-20-08 04:58 PM
    Get a Life. Your not helping me. People like this should not be allowed to post comments if they are rude and non helpful.
    Actually I am being helpful. I told you that you need to read the manual and to research how to do an update.

Plus how can we help you if you really dont describe the issue in detail.

You never listed what apps you were missing or what version you were updating from.

You also never said you needed help. You just said that .83 was missing apps and you advise people to stay away from it since you were not able to make it work.
    12-20-08 04:58 PM
    god damn, sorry I have to go against the new year's resolution here: you are straight ******** njc... as CX just said go to add/remove and add the applications that you had on there, once you have the app center back up then you can dl all of those things. (back up your apps next time too)

stop spreading misinformation, this OS is great and highly recommended for any storm user who wants to see an increase in performance and functionality.
    I have upgraded my OS for years, Just never been on this forum before. No reason to, But now i have a BB that is more MultiMedia then the iPhone so i like to see whats happening.
    12-20-08 04:59 PM
    Tried that, they were not there. Plus, isn't the app center included in the core OS?
    No big deal man...just open BB desktop and plug your phone back in. Go to the App program and just load the stuff missing..fixed
    Actually I am being helpful. I told you that you need to read the manual and to research how to do an update.

Plus how can we help you if you really dont describe the issue in detail.

You never listed what apps you were missing or what version you were updating from.

You also never said you needed help. You just said that .83 was missing apps and you advise people to stay away from it since you were not able to make it work.
    Read my posts before yours. can't you read?
    I have upgraded my OS for years, Just never been on this forum before. No reason to, But now i have a BB that is more MultiMedia then the iPhone so i like to see whats happening.
    sorry to come off as an a-hole but the topic of this thread is very misleading. anyway, have no fear, all your problems with this OS are easily repairable.
    12-20-08 05:00 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD