Ok so i updated my .75 to .83 no problem everything worked great. For like 3 days or so everything was all fine and dandy until today. My phone was acting a little sluggish so I decided to do a battery pull and that did me in. Once the phone booted up it said media card inserted and then couldnt get off that screen. I did another battery pull and same result. then I tried to do a battery pull without the memory card in and i got a message no media card inserted and then I got stuck in an infinite loop of just the verizon wireless logo. I dont know if anyone else had this problem. .83 really was a great step but im just weery of putting it back on if its just gonna crash it again. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    12-23-08 11:31 PM
    .83 is garbage i went back to .75 within 4 hours
    12-23-08 11:32 PM
    ugh. .83 is fine has its bugs like any NEW OS but it is awsome once its set up right . JL wipe and reload .83 you will be happy
    12-23-08 11:33 PM
    Just keep doing a battery pull until it boots correctly. This happens to alot of users with .83
    12-23-08 11:34 PM
    When setting up .83 did you happen to choose "use SIM card to detect network"
    12-24-08 11:15 AM
    This thread brings the LOL
    12-24-08 12:17 PM
    Odd... same deal here.

.83 was real stable and was working great from the day it was made available, up until the afternoon of the 24th. I preceded the install with a JLC wipe.

On Christmas eve afternoon, it choked on a couple of simultaneous phone calls, so I pulled the battery and rebooted.

That got me the "Media Card Inserted" and "Verizon Wireless" splash screen messages / lockup.

Another battery pull and all was well, until this morning.

It's just taken me three battery pulls to get it to boot past the "Media Card Inserted" message.
    12-26-08 11:22 AM
    Odd... same deal here.

.83 was real stable and was working great from the day it was made available, up until the afternoon of the 24th. I preceded the install with a JLC wipe.

On Christmas eve afternoon, it choked on a couple of simultaneous phone calls, so I pulled the battery and rebooted.

That got me the "Media Card Inserted" and "Verizon Wireless" splash screen messages / lockup.

Another battery pull and all was well, until this morning.

It's just taken me three battery pulls to get it to boot past the "Media Card Inserted" message.
    Definately a bug with .83. I've heard it take as many as six battery pulls to resolve the issue. I upgraded to .83 the day it was leaked. I do dailey battery pulls using Quick Pull and thishas happened to me five times.

If you don't want the hassle of this problem, down grade and wait for the next OS. For me, the benefits far out weigh the negatives due to the Storm's preformance with .83 when running properly.
    12-26-08 11:27 AM
    Definately a bug with .83. I've heard it take as many as six battery pulls to resolve the issue. I upgraded to .83 the day it was leaked. I do dailey battery pulls using Quick Pull and thishas happened to me five times.

If you don't want the hassle of this problem, down grade and wait for the next OS. For me, the benefits far out weigh the negatives due to the Storm's preformance with .83 when running properly.
    My only other problem with .83 was the WSJ Reader stopped working for me (appears to have lost touch-screen functionality, rendering it useless).

In fact, it was the uninstall & reboot of the WSJ reader this morning that prompted this event.

Otherwise, .83 has been great, and I'll stick with it until the next greatest update comes along.
    12-26-08 11:33 AM
    might want to downgrade and wait for .85
    12-26-08 12:34 PM
    My problems with .83:

1. Apps (Browser, all IM clients, AP news, Weatherbug, etc) cannot retrieve any data from the network. No web pages, can't log into IM (using all BB IM clients.) They work fine after a battery pull, but at some point, stop working. trying to correlate failure with a certain activity or app but unsuccessful so far.

2. Not right after a battery pull, but sometime thereafter, cannot dial voicemail -- I have a pause and my password built into the dial for VM and it comes up with an error: "Cannot find timer for pause function" or something like that. Then the phone app hangs, can't hang up the call, can't pull up the keypad.

3. Lock screen doesn't blank screen. Screen was on all last night. Lock screen button doesn't always register as being pressed, either into or out of lock mode.

Other than that, after a battery pull, .83 works great for a while.
    12-26-08 01:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD