I am currently runnin on the factory .75 OS. My question is, what exactly is the difference between the .75 and the .143? Do I have to do a total backup of my bb if I do a wireless ota upgrade? I know these questions might be a little off the wall but I'm a newbie still. I'd like for a tech savy bb user to explain in detail everything if need to know to successfully upgrade and if itd be worth me doing. Thank you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 10:15 PM
    Plug your BB into your computer and open up your Desktop Manager. If you haven't already installed all of this you need to install the BB drivers AND THEN Desktop Manager with the disks provided to you from Verizon (inside your Storm box).

Once you have plugged in. Go to Backup and Restore on the Desktop Manager's main menu and go through the menus and Backup your phone.

Install the update via OTA or through DM if you would like. Normally, the update shouldn't mess up any of your configurations, but its always helpful to have a backup. If anything goes wrong, just plug your BB into the computer and hit Backup and Restore and then follow the menus to Restore this time.

Hope this helps.

AND YES. .148 will offer you more than .75 ever could.
    05-31-09 10:17 PM
    In case I would not like what .143 would have offer, is there a way that I can go back to .75 easily?

05-31-09 10:21 PM
    it is actually .148 just to let you know

and to find out how to downgrade go to the OS section or How To forum

so yes its possible.
    05-31-09 10:24 PM
    if you have lag/memory issues...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/re...y-leak-235048/
    05-31-09 10:26 PM
    Yes, just plug your phone back into the computer and the easiest way to do it is go to BlackBerry - Update your Device Software with IE and install .75 (it will tell you you are downgrading).
    05-31-09 10:31 PM
    where can I go, or what website do I go to get the link to upgrade to the .148 thru DM?
    05-31-09 10:57 PM
    there is a thread on it already...jut browse around the OS subforum. i guarantee it's on the front page, check the first post. i bet you there is a link to it in a thread on the storm OS forum.
    05-31-09 10:59 PM
    In case I would not like what .143 would have offer, is there a way that I can go back to .75 easily?

Its not .143 it is .148. It is overall better,you will be in love with it.

05-31-09 11:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD