im on .75 i like everything but the camera takes 5 minutes to take a picture also i whats wrong with the Malibu i like chevy
    05-22-09 06:43 PM
    I am also still running on OS .75

Haven't really had any issues to complain about.Never really thought about till really reading through the forms. I would like to try to see if it makes a difference, but I will be honest....I have the fear of screwing something up and killing my phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 07:08 AM
    My advice to you is never, ever upgrade the OS. If you do you will realize how much of a noob you were.
    Ok Ann Landers. I'll take that advice and NOT pay attention to it.
    Your post reminds me of those people that forget that they were once new at some point and now that the know a few things think that they are better than others.
    I personally have read in these posts about people having major problems with their upgrades and others that have efd them up beyond repair.
    I enjoy my phone and probably know more features on it than you so just go back to ypur snobby little hole and play with yourself and your latest upgrade.

05-24-09 07:50 AM
    Ok Ann Landers. I'll take that advice and NOT pay attention to it.
    Your post reminds me of those people that forget that they were once new at some point and now that the know a few things think that they are better than others.
    I personally have read in these posts about people having major problems with their upgrades and others that have efd them up beyond repair.
    I enjoy my phone and probably know more features on it than you so just go back to ypur snobby little hole and play with yourself and your latest upgrade.

That person is probably a noob themself.

From my experiences though, every upgraded OS has been worth while. a few early ones such as the .8x series or even .90 were iffy, but overall, well worth it.

i dont know why anyone thinks .75 is more stable either, every friend i know with .75 on their storm experiences subpar battery life, not that great signal, navigating the os is slow, poor memory management and needing to reboot daily or every few days.

if you're happy with .75, you're welcome to keep it. if you're wondering why so many don't, the best way I can put it is that some of us aspire to better things than the best Chevy money can buy.
    05-24-09 08:52 AM
    I'm still running .75 on my storm as well and I really don't feel that I need to upgrade. The only things that kinda bother me are how slow it is to take a picture, sometimes it freezes so I have to restart and because my battery is practically dead by the end of the day, but other than that I love it. Lol

05-24-09 08:22 PM
    So far with all the OS's I've upgraded to, I have never had a problem except with Lyric's new hybrid which cause meterberry to not work right, however when the issues were brought to his attention, he works drastically to fix them. I understand your point though OP that .75 is the only OS so far that VERIZON has seen fit to release, but other carriers have seen other releases fit to release to their customers. I don't believe that is because they have a lower standard of quality, but who knows. Anyways, if .75 works great for you keep it, and if it doesn't work for other people who want to experiment and mess around with their phones all the power to them. There's always people on CB willing to help if they mess it up somehow
    05-24-09 09:37 PM
    I was just like you until 3 days ago. I loved .75 did not get all the hype for leaks and anger against .75. Then I switched to .148 and I must say that this is a different phone now. I have zero problems bow little to no lag no random reboots. My storm has been running for 40 hours and still at 47mb of memory. As the saying goes "don't knock it till you try it". My 2 cents...

05-24-09 10:10 PM
    I don't know what all the rants are against the .75 OS.
    I have been using my Storm since december of 2008 and have yet to experience any mayor issues like the once mentioned in all the upgrade posts.
    I know this post should probably in the OS threads, but in a way this is just a rave out the%otentual the Storm has if just left alone.
    Half of the problem is that people ar constantly changing their OS and encountering different bugs so they arr constantly experiencing different problems. Me...I've stuck it out with .75 and either the bugs have worked themselves out, or I've just gitten used ti them.
    One way or the other. I have to say.
    I LOVE MY STORM.

I could see this. If I hadn't used winmo before this phone I'd think this phone is perfect.
    05-25-09 08:12 PM
    It was fine on mine as well but 122 and 148 have been fantastic.

05-25-09 09:20 PM
    Can you upgrade from .75 straight to .148?

Beeray
    05-25-09 09:50 PM
    camera unresponsive, serious lag between portrait and landscape, battery heating up, phone powering down at random, freezing at random....yep, .75 rocks for sure. oh yeah, all of these issues were happening BEFORE i jumped on the leak bandwagon. Since then, ALL of these issues are solved. So the problem with .75 isn't because people are going back and forth between leaks and back to the original. The original OS sucks to high heaven.
    My Storm def. has camera lag, but not an issue since I carry an awesome Panasonic Lumix in my pocket pretty much wherever I go...the other issues most often mentioned on this DB have never happened to my Storm Guess I am just lucky???

Steve in So Cal
    05-25-09 10:56 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD