I don't know what all the rants are against the .75 OS.
    I have been using my Storm since december of 2008 and have yet to experience any mayor issues like the once mentioned in all the upgrade posts.
    I know this post should probably in the OS threads, but in a way this is just a rave out the%otentual the Storm has if just left alone.
    Half of the problem is that people ar constantly changing their OS and encountering different bugs so they arr constantly experiencing different problems. Me...I've stuck it out with .75 and either the bugs have worked themselves out, or I've just gitten used ti them.
    One way or the other. I have to say.
    I LOVE MY STORM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 09:06 PM
    Hey well you know what they say. You never know what you are missing until you try it. A Chevy Malibu is pretty dam good until you drive a Mercedes Benz. No harm done. Step your gas up!
    05-20-09 09:09 PM
    ok?!?! as long as youre happy
    05-20-09 09:23 PM
    camera unresponsive, serious lag between portrait and landscape, battery heating up, phone powering down at random, freezing at random....yep, .75 rocks for sure. oh yeah, all of these issues were happening BEFORE i jumped on the leak bandwagon. Since then, ALL of these issues are solved. So the problem with .75 isn't because people are going back and forth between leaks and back to the original. The original OS sucks to high heaven.
    05-20-09 09:33 PM
    Yeay let's go back to Stone Age!!!!
    ROTFL Seriously now are you SURE?

Have you read or even bothered to read:
    What updates/features you are missin' since the archaic ROM you are using?
    What fixes have been made since .75 afac battery, reception, memory, speed, overal stability?
    Have you weighted the all the features, upgrades, performance VS .75
    I guess not, you should work more on analytic thinking

WE ALL Love our Berries and try to keep It at tip top performance (SO SAY WE ALL)
    but yours is screamin' for an update.... (pbar41 hears a who)
    I say It's high time you do the unthinkable, try the unbelievable, taste the unbeatable feeling of conquest ...
    !!!Upgrade your Berry!!!

(seriously now It worths the while)
    05-20-09 09:38 PM
    To the OP better be ready some people are going to flame you.

There are storm users out there that running 75/76 and they are doing well with it.

I was fine with 76, did not have the crashes and other issues. What bugs me is the lag when I switched from portrait and landscape mode on the home screen. So I went to 122.
    05-20-09 09:38 PM
    I have been using my Storm since december of 2008 and have yet to experience any mayor issues like the once mentioned in all the upgrade posts.
    I know this post should probably in the OS threads, but in a way this is just a rave out the%otentual the Storm has if just left alone.
    Half of the problem is that people ar constantly changing their OS and encountering different bugs so they arr constantly experiencing different problems. Me...I've stuck it out with .75 and either the bugs have worked themselves out, or I've just gitten used ti them.
    I LOVE MY STORM.

I don't understand either. I am still running on .75 and I never have any problem with the phone.
    05-20-09 09:55 PM
    Hey well you know what they say. You never know what you are missing until you try it. A Chevy Malibu is pretty dam good until you drive a Mercedes Benz. No harm done. Step your gas up!
    LOL couldn't agree more. Well done.
    05-20-09 09:59 PM
    lots of verizon users should stick with official release .75 and wait it out then maybe it will be fine but people aren't happy so they dump.75 and went ahead using leaked OS
    05-20-09 10:00 PM
    I stuck with .75 for a day and have had leaked os every since...
    05-20-09 10:28 PM
    night and day
    05-20-09 10:38 PM
    Yea, these phones are like fingerprints they are all different. I ran .75 for awhile it ran fine but it had some considerable performance issue... That's why I decided to take the plunge. But if .75 is working for you then that's all the better.
    05-20-09 10:55 PM
    I'm on .75 OS. There have been many leaks that help improve the phone, but at the same time have many problems occur. If my job didn't take too much of my spare time, then I'd test the newer leaks. Since I lack the time to do the meticulous refinements, I'll stick with what won't aggravate me. Don't get me wrong... I would love a newer OS, but I'll wait for an official update... Or the Storm 2. Whichever happens first. Lol

05-20-09 11:48 PM

What fixes have been made since .75 afac battery, reception, memory, speed, overal stability?

WE ALL Love our Berries and try to keep It at tip top performance (SO SAY WE ALL)
    I say It's high time you do the unthinkable, try the unbelievable, taste the unbeatable feeling of conquest ...
    !!!Upgrade your Berry!!!

Hence the reason why these forums are so friendly and people always willing to help out one another...
    05-20-09 11:50 PM
    i drive a malibu haha hand me down
    05-21-09 12:10 AM
    My advice to you is never, ever upgrade the OS. If you do you will realize how much of a noob you were.
    05-21-09 12:37 AM
    If you are happy w/.75, that's all that really matters. I was happy w/.75 at one time myself, but only after upgrading to a leaked OS did I see how much better the Storm can peform (speaking of my phone only). You have to remember that much of the appeal of these phones is the fact that you can upgrade them yourself & experiment (if you have the time & cojones!).
    *out*
    05-21-09 12:44 AM

!!!Upgrade your Berry!!!

WoW, since you upgraded, it must be worth it! Actually, I have tried most of the leaks and THEY all had problems in comparison to .75. I always came back! They all were pretty much faster, but never as reliable IMO. Many of us have seen no need to upgrade, and upgrade, and upgrade.
    Yes, now I am running .141/5.0 but I am not about to suggest that someone should do and if they don't, they are staying in the stone age. For many, this is a phone, not a toy that has to have a leak put on the phone every week. Even with my .141/5.0 it's not THAT much better, but it for me, it's as reliable as my 0.76.
    If ain't broke, don't fix it.
    05-21-09 02:52 PM
    I hear more and more people coming out of the woodwork that love .75

and it's great to see!!!

rock on man! dont let the haters get you down or make you rethink yourself. You know what you like.
    05-21-09 03:13 PM
    I LOVE MY STORM.

i totally agree, i've had it .75 and no problems except in google talk, it will occassionaly reset, but thats about it.
    05-21-09 05:45 PM
    Not trying to rip on the OP but I just went from .75 to .148 and the difference is substantial. I slowly learned to HATE .75 for its lagginess and the only thing I regret about .148 is not upgrading sooner.
    05-22-09 07:52 AM
    I know a lot of people that were happy with .75, but with...say Lyricidal's .141/5.0 Hybrid...you get closer to the speed and responsiveness that we were used to on our 8830's or our Curves. .75 works ooook...but other OS work way better
    05-22-09 08:43 AM
    I've had my storm since release and was determined to wait until another official release.... however... about 3 weeks ago i decided to take the plunge. I upgraded to 131. yea 75 was working good for me...and i had no problems... but seriously...just take the jump and upgrade to a leaked one... you'll be even happier with it.
    05-22-09 10:48 AM
    I had an original storm that ran .75 and it was TERRIBLE but the newer ones run it fine. I could live with it but the upgrades are even better.
    05-22-09 03:27 PM
    .75 is the best blend of performance and stability, it was the clear choice to anyone who actually relies on the device. Need proof, Verizon has not seen fit to release the other "leaked" builds. The Storm is buggy and slow regardless of the OS that is installed.
    05-22-09 04:21 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD