Ok, so finally! After owning the BlackBerry Storm from the day it was released; I've gone through putting Cheerios box cutouts behind my battery, dust/debris under the screen and the worst operating system I've ever seen. (don't feel like going into the rest)

Finally, I got a replacement phone, wiped the OS of all the BS they put on, installed .99 and am truly in love with my phone.

I can honestly say now with the new keyboard setup, accelerometor speed, smooth transitions and my absolute favorite. . SCROLL alarm numbers. .99 has so many features that have made me believe this phone is better than an iPhone. The Storm finally feels like its a rightful competator now. Especially with its customizable capabilities.

*EDIT*: I had the replacement for about 3 weeks before installing .99.
    Last edited by Toofman_Storm; 02-03-09 at 03:04 AM.
    02-03-09 03:01 AM
    I Honestly feel ya on this one.

Although I've only owned this phone for about a week; I took my time with installing past .75, and I honestly think it's everything it was supose to be, and its not even an official release yet. I have this feeling by the 1 year bday of the phone that people will be bragging about it and its going to have enough apps to beat the iPhone.
    02-03-09 03:08 AM
    Me 3!!!! All the Pros and none of the Cons.
    02-03-09 03:10 AM
    Fo Shooooooo!
    02-03-09 04:01 AM
    100% agree. I had my phone since last year with latest official release. I decided to finally go with an upgrade due to such positive feedback and I'm so glad I did. I agree with everything you all say.

One thing that I'm disappointed in is the video play back. Try playing the trailer for Babylon AD and tell me if it lags. It ran perfectly before.
    02-03-09 07:04 AM
    Also agree. I got my Storm early December and this is the first time I don't feel like I'm testing a Beta product :-)
    02-03-09 07:48 AM
    100% agree. I had my phone since last year with latest official release. I decided to finally go with an upgrade due to such positive feedback and I'm so glad I did. I agree with everything you all say.

One thing that I'm disappointed in is the video play back. Try playing the trailer for Babylon AD and tell me if it lags. It ran perfectly before.
    I am with you on this one and still on .75! I feel it is time to get the .99 since it is a lot better than any of the others! I have to get with 2009! Lol!
    02-03-09 08:31 AM
    Scroll alarm numbers? You mean the ability to scroll to change the time of your alarm? I can do that on .75
    Maybe it's time to make the jump, I'm getting impatient now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 08:34 AM
    I love the phone too and I'm still on the .86 OS
    02-03-09 08:52 AM
    Went from .75 to .99...... it's only been half a day but I'm 100% satisfied right now!
    02-03-09 09:03 AM
    Is there anyway I can load .99 from my blackberry. I am at work and dont have the DM on the computer here. OR should I just wait to go home.

I currently have the leaked .90 and it sucks.
    02-03-09 09:30 AM
    Bought on launch day, upgraded to .75 one day before it became official, waited for better OS, went to .90 and hated it, went back to .75, just downloaded .99, and I AM REALLY HAPPY WITH THE PHONE!!!!
    02-03-09 09:34 AM
    This is all sweet feedback. But I'm going to wait till the official update still. I don't want to spoil anything for me. I'm still on .75, and eagerly awaiting the official release.
    02-03-09 10:27 AM
    That's good news but if it's so good when will there be an official release???

Happy with .75 but anxiously waiting for the next official release...

02-03-09 10:39 AM

I am with you gadget. Hope it is soon.
    02-03-09 10:44 AM
    You people are delusional. No wonder Buggy, busted *** smartphones are the "new reality."
    02-03-09 10:49 AM

just as an FYI on my curve i got a leaked OS that ended up being an offical version, and there is no difference between the two. if any leaked OS becomes the offical one then you're all set.

my analogy for why i load the leaked OS is more of a "growing with this new device" experience. kind of like parenting. you gotta beat the **** out of your kids, regret they were born, consider selling them or returning them to the hospital, complain about the manufacturer (mother), etc before you can really appreciate them for what they are. a gift to the world.
    02-03-09 12:28 PM
    I have to agree that I actually love this phone now. This last update has done wonders. I have been lucky and have never had to replace my Storm.
    02-03-09 01:16 PM
    There are a couple of little things Im not happy with but much better than my previous .75
    02-03-09 01:20 PM
    I'm really glad to hear all of this positive feedback, but I'm with the folks waiting on the next official release.... 0.75 has been working ok for now...
    02-03-09 03:21 PM
    I'm really glad to hear all of this positive feedback, but I'm with the folks waiting on the next official release.... 0.75 has been working ok for now...
    Crying shame you are not willing to try this build. This actually makes my Storm a pleasure to use. Waaaayy faster than .75 and as stable IMO.

For each their own though.
    02-03-09 03:24 PM
    The video problem is only with the default Babylon AD video. I have 2 movies on my phone, Italian Job and Live Free Die Hard, and both play perfectly fine.

02-03-09 03:41 PM
    This is all sweet feedback. But I'm going to wait till the official update still. I don't want to spoil anything for me. I'm still on .75, and eagerly awaiting the official release.
    I would have to agree... I'll be patient and wait for the official release...
    02-03-09 03:48 PM
    You people are delusional. No wonder Buggy, busted *** smartphones are the "new reality."
    So the fact I've had 0 problems and have had the .99 OS since Sunday makes me delusional?

News to me.
    02-03-09 04:15 PM
    Ok, so finally! After owning the BlackBerry Storm from the day it was released; I've gone through putting Cheerios box cutouts behind my battery, dust/debris under the screen and the worst operating system I've ever seen. (don't feel like going into the rest)

Finally, I got a replacement phone, wiped the OS of all the BS they put on, installed .99 and am truly in love with my phone.

I can honestly say now with the new keyboard setup, accelerometor speed, smooth transitions and my absolute favorite. . SCROLL alarm numbers. .99 has so many features that have made me believe this phone is better than an iPhone. The Storm finally feels like its a rightful competator now. Especially with its customizable capabilities.

*EDIT*: I had the replacement for about 3 weeks before installing .99.
    Agreed. Got mine on day one also and have used every OS build from .65 to now .99 and I truly feel that .99 is the closest to perfection thus far.

Knock on wood, after a wipe and fresh install of .99 I have had zero complaints. The overall functionality seems faster and smoother. I haven't seen any of the previous issues I've pop up yet. Hopefully it stays this way.

Thanks for the heads up on the scrolling alarm time Toofman...didn't notice until I read your post.
    02-03-09 04:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD