I've tried everything. Re-downloading the leaks, uninstalling all os's, downloading .122, downloading .132.......
    Nothing will load onto the storm. Every time I try to load another os, it reinstalls .75. What am I doing wrong? I always load my os's through the computer>program files>RIM>Apploader...
    The DM install has never worked for me. When I open DM, it never shows any of my downloads.
    05-19-09 12:37 AM
    delete vendor file

run DM as admin (if you have vista that is)

disconnect from internet before running DM to do install...

try those, and if it still doesn't work let us know.
    05-19-09 01:38 AM
    Strange Problems with restarting and memory leaks etc
    I had a problem with the phone continually Restarting when ever I did a Battery Pull or used QuickPull to restart the phone.
    I also received messages about re-installing the Blackberry Core software. each time I added or removed a theme.
    I am running .141 on a 9500.
    I recall seeing a post mention that you must NOT have more than one phone operating system installed on your computer at one time...
    I checked and had 3: .78, .122 and .141 installed. (Add Remove programs on XP)
    I removed all but .141, let DM re-install the core software when it asked... my phone is running like a dream again, no memory leaks, etc...
    Suggest you check it out.
    05-19-09 07:06 AM
    delete vendor file

run DM as admin (if you have vista that is)

disconnect from internet before running DM to do install...

try those, and if it still doesn't work let us know.
    How do you run dm as admin? I didn't see the option to change that anywhere. I did delete vendor file each time I dl'd. I also always disconnected from the internet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 03:15 PM
    Strange Problems with restarting and memory leaks etc
    I had a problem with the phone continually Restarting when ever I did a Battery Pull or used QuickPull to restart the phone.
    I also received messages about re-installing the Blackberry Core software. each time I added or removed a theme.
    I am running .141 on a 9500.
    I recall seeing a post mention that you must NOT have more than one phone operating system installed on your computer at one time...
    I checked and had 3: .78, .122 and .141 installed. (Add Remove programs on XP)
    I removed all but .141, let DM re-install the core software when it asked... my phone is running like a dream again, no memory leaks, etc...
    Suggest you check it out.
    I have deleted all os's from my computer, then dowloaded the desired os. First I tried this with .132 then .122. Nothing works. And dm never shows anything but .75 as an available os to upgrade/load.

05-19-09 03:17 PM
    How do you run dm as admin? I didn't see the option to change that anywhere. I did delete vendor file each time I dl'd. I also always disconnected from the internet.

The vendor file can also hide in temp folders. You have to search your hard drive and delete all copies, including hidden files.
    05-19-09 03:17 PM
    This happened to me and I reinstalled dm through the program list on windows, but without automatic updates and it worked instantly.

05-19-09 03:21 PM
    Thanks everyone. I'll try said suggestions and report back. I have a feeling I'll have to perform both of the actions listed in the last two posts.

05-19-09 04:58 PM
    Uninstalled dm, restarted computer, and tried to reinstall dm. It says something like "cannot read from device". Any ideas? Can I just download and install a leak without having dm installed on the computer, or does dm contain the necessary apploader?
    05-19-09 08:46 PM
    anyone?
    05-19-09 09:45 PM
    Uninstalled dm, restarted computer, and tried to reinstall dm. It says something like "cannot read from device". Any ideas? Can I just download and install a leak without having dm installed on the computer, or does dm contain the necessary apploader?
    I just had the same issue last week. First I downgraded the OS back to .75 and then tried another OS. No luck. Unfortunately, I had to uninstall all OS's on the PC, DM, and then had to go into Program Files-> Common Files and then delete the "Research In Motion" folder. (got rid of everything that was RIM related) Restarted the PC and reinstalled the DM (had a downloaded copy on my desktop) and then installed the OS I wanted. That got it to work. Remember to go back into the new RIM folder and delete the vendor file again depending on the OS you choose. I tried everything prior to this over the course of about 4 hours with no luck. It took the steps above to get everything to work.

Instead of bouncing around from OS to OS trying to find the best one, I used "Build-A-Hybrid" to make my own. Now I'm happy.......until a new leaked OS comes out.
    Last edited by bad_boy321; 05-19-09 at 11:14 PM.
    05-19-09 11:11 PM
    "The system could not read from the specified device"
    I get this message when trying to install dm. What's going on? I deleted the RIM folder all together, so I see no reason why this won't work. Also, I'll ask the other question I asked before again, since I'm not sure that anyone saw it: can I install a leaked os without dm?
    05-20-09 12:09 AM
    Anyone? Please? I'd like to install 148 tonight.

05-20-09 02:54 PM
    Anyone? Please? I'd like to install 148 tonight.

Just use the loader.exe
    05-20-09 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD