Ok my browser has been lagging and stuck on "requesting" for a while before the page loads. Is there any tweaks I can do to my browser in the options to speed up my browser...? Please help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-10 08:56 PM
    Storm2 Browser/Data Issues

You're not alone. Check this thread out. We're all trying to find a solution.
    06-23-10 09:02 PM
    I know it sounds obvious, but I think that using a third party browser is the best solution right now. I use Opera Mini 2, and very rarely Bolt, and have no problems with speed. I can see why a lot of users prefer the native browser though as certain sites work best with it.
    06-23-10 10:26 PM
    The FLOOD of Andriod phones is swamping the carrier servers.
    I am on ATT and i have the slow requesting too, although it seems to have gotten better. Loading is fine, its just requesting. It doesn't really seem to be anything "service" related.
    06-24-10 08:04 AM
    use it to download opera.

m.opera.com

or get a new phone. I'm over the bb browser. Its a waste of my time.
    06-24-10 08:05 AM
    I am on ATT and i have the slow requesting too, although it seems to have gotten better. Loading is fine, its just requesting. It doesn't really seem to be anything "service" related.
    I am tethering with my s2 at an airport in Toronto right now at 160KB/s. Not a carrier issue. The browser is just a piece of $#@%.
    06-24-10 08:07 AM
    Mine was way worse than normal, but I'm pretty sure it was
    the hybrid files. It seems to have straightened itself out. My browser was blazing fast on my last OS.

06-24-10 10:28 AM
    Ok my browser has been lagging and stuck on "requesting" for a while before the page loads. Is there any tweaks I can do to my browser in the options to speed up my browser...? Please help

I updated yesterday to the new OS. What a disaster. My browser is awful...almost useless.

I am switching to the new iphone...the reviews have been really good so far and more and more companies are allowing their employees to use them.

Companies like Bausch & Lomb Inc. are buying iPhones for their employees, in some cases replacing BlackBerry devices. Earlier this year, the eye-care products company made iPhone the standard issue device for its sales force. Now, about 1,200 salespeople have one.
    and this is another cool quote...

The addition of encryption is what convinced Joe Drouin, chief information officer at staffing company Kelly Services Inc., to offer iPhones to employees. Since January, the company has given them a choice between iPhones and BlackBerrys and more than half picked the iPhone.Setting up and managing an iPhone takes a little more time and effort than a BlackBerry, but not enough to act as a deterrent, said Mr. Drouin.

Opening New Fronts in Smartphone Turf War - WSJ.com
    06-24-10 12:25 PM
    Try changing the Browser type. I noticed mine was running slow too and went in to the Options and changed it from the BlackBerry browser to the Internet Browser and it made a world of difference. Try it out, worked for me.
    06-24-10 01:10 PM
    I updated yesterday to the new OS. What a disaster. My browser is awful...almost useless.

I am switching to the new iphone...the reviews have been really good so far and more and more companies are allowing their employees to use them.

and this is another cool quote...

Opening New Fronts in Smartphone Turf War - WSJ.com

Get in line for a phone with Yellow circles on the screen and when you touch the sides the signal drops sometimes completely. "Jump in-line, step right up!"
    Critical iPhone 4 Issues and Complaints Are Mounting
    06-24-10 01:12 PM
    Get in line for a phone with Yellow circles on the screen and when you touch the sides the signal drops sometimes completely. "Jump in-line, step right up!"
    Critical iPhone 4 Issues and Complaints Are Mounting
    I heard about the yellow circles...definitely need to know more about that. That's not good if true. The signal dropping is a software issue like with the Storm 2. One sec. I have 4 bars and then none, but the call doesn't drop. iphone has the same problem. Maybe they used the same signal strength software as the Storm 2.
    06-24-10 01:28 PM
    I heard about the yellow circles...definitely need to know more about that. That's not good if true. The signal dropping is a software issue like with the Storm 2. One sec. I have 4 bars and then none, but the call doesn't drop. iphone has the same problem. Maybe they used the same signal strength software as the Storm 2.
    Watch the video in the link above, it seems more than a software issue. The edges of the phone are the antenna, it was designed that way.
    06-24-10 03:04 PM
    You didn't do enough research. some folks ARE LOSING THE SIGNAL, on the new iPhone, when they hold it. It's not JUST a display issue for some who have posted videos of the problem. ALSO, there are screen shots of data speeds with the phone being touched, vs sitting on a table. The data speed is drastically reduced to next to nothing, when the phone is being held, in the examples shown on giz.
    06-24-10 03:08 PM
    Watch the video in the link above, it seems more than a software issue. The edges of the phone are the antenna, it was designed that way.
    It is a real issue and will be a thorn in Apple's side. It is a hardware design flaw and the only remedy will not come from a software update - people will have to return their phones.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
    06-24-10 03:15 PM
    It is a real issue and will be a thorn in Apple's side. It is a hardware design flaw and the only remedy will not come from a software update - people will have to return their phones.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
    Uh oh, sounds similar to the "sticky green key and back button" issue. Please line up the "certified like new green dot" boxes for the iphone. RIM should be able to tell them how to do it.
    06-24-10 03:47 PM
    Try changing the Browser type. I noticed mine was running slow too and went in to the Options and changed it from the BlackBerry browser to the Internet Browser and it made a world of difference. Try it out, worked for me.
    I just tried doing similar, changing from "Blackberry" to "Firefox" (under Options --> Browser configuration --> browser identification). After about 5 minutes of loading different pages to test it, it seems to have made a world of difference..... let's hope it lasts.
    06-24-10 09:38 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/wo...owsers-487998/
    This is purely my speculation because its not just the Storm that's having the problem. There are others facing the same issue.
    06-25-10 02:55 AM
    I just tried doing similar, changing from "Blackberry" to "Firefox" (under Options --> Browser configuration --> browser identification). After about 5 minutes of loading different pages to test it, it seems to have made a world of difference..... let's hope it lasts.
    Toss in JavaScript on by prompt and mine loads as fast as Opera Mini 5 now.

And as far as the new iPhone's reception problems, Steve Jobs says you're holding it wrong.
    06-25-10 05:26 AM

And as far as the new iPhone's reception problems, Steve Jobs says you're holding it wrong.

wow this did make a difference. im pretty impressed now.
    06-25-10 06:39 AM

God that's a terrible response from Apple. At least though, they responded quickly, even though the answer is unacceptable. I recall our experiences with the sticky button issue and Verizon and RIM saying, "we've never heard of it". A tale of two different companies. Interestingly, as is the case with the sticky button issue on the Storm, there a videos all over youtube where users are saying they don't have the reception problem. I remember there were lots of users on here saying they never had a sticky button or slanted screen. Apple did the right thing at least by acknowledging the issue, unlike the stance that Verizon and RIM initially took with their problems. However, Apple will have to come up with a better solution than, "you're holding it wrong". That's embarrassing.
    06-25-10 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD