I had a Windows Mobile Samsung Schi760 which I liked, but this phone does 7 things much better making it a better phone IMO

1) larger brighter screen, much easier to read
    2) my hotmail comes right to my phone, a great feature
    3) most apps designed for touch screen, no tiny buttons/text to select
    4) the touch screen works much better, I had to press 2 or 3 times on my last phone for anything to register. had to use the keypad for everything.
    5) regular headphone jack
    6) better media player
    7) NO active sync!
    01-06-09 11:46 AM
    I had a Windows Mobile Samsung Schi760 which I liked, but this phone does 7 things much better making it a better phone IMO

1) larger brighter screen, much easier to read
    2) my hotmail comes right to my phone, a great feature
    3) most apps designed for touch screen, no tiny buttons/text to select
    4) the touch screen works much better, I had to press 2 or 3 times on my last phone for anything to register. had to use the keypad for everything.
    5) regular headphone jack
    6) better media player
    7) NO active sync!
    WM does have active sync, it's just something to play around with.

But I agree with everything else. WM makes things in which you need a stylus for.
    01-06-09 11:48 AM
    The interface on my omnia (yeah I tried it) was so horrifically dated I knew the storm had to be my new phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 11:49 AM
    WM does have active sync, it's just something to play around with.

But I agree with everything else. WM makes things in which you need a stylus for.
    I think the point he's trying to make is that the Storm doesn't have Active Sync. He likes that it doesn't.
    01-06-09 12:28 PM
    The interface on my omnia (yeah I tried it) was so horrifically dated I knew the storm had to be my new phone

You had an Omnia? That looked like one of the bigger contenders to the Storm and you didnt like it? interesting...
    01-06-09 12:34 PM
    You had an Omnia? That looked like one of the bigger contenders to the Storm and you didnt like it? interesting...
    You have to remember I'm a BB/smartphone newbie in general.

I know the Omnia has been favorably reviewed everywhere but the learning curve with WinMo is steeper than that of Blackberry devices, even a touchscreen one. (IMHO)
    01-06-09 12:38 PM
    You know I thought I would like the Omnia too, with it's lofty specs, but it's even slower and buggier than my Storm (I KNOW the software is and will fix it - BB is MUCH better at updating firmware then Samsung), the stylus not having a hole SUCKS, and of course i HATE WinMo, and 6.1 (or whatever) did nothing to change my mind. 20 minutes with in in the VZW store and I KNEW I made the right choice to stick with the Storm (warts and all).
    01-06-09 12:42 PM
    I agree I was trying to activate my xv6800 for my son as a quick b/u til I get him his motoq9m I agree with this op whole heartedly. Boy did I have trouble with touch screen; the kicker was that I used to be able to nav with it using my fingers. I agree especially with sometimes having to touch the buttons twice. I do dig this phone......
    Believe me I have a lot of 3rd party apps to make it a nice phone but u are sooooo right.
    Interesting take on the Omnia as well I was thinking about getting that one as well. But before they released it I put my Storm next to a dummy Omnia..... for me nah
    01-06-09 12:59 PM
    who uses hotmail?
    01-06-09 01:22 PM
    I've had three straight windows mobile phones xnd I agree with everything listed. The main reason I love this phone a lot more than any WMO phones is because of the UI. The ui on wmo phones is downright terrible. Its a blah homescreen on every device. Even the omnia...its just a home plugin over a terrible UI. But that's my opinion.
    01-06-09 01:24 PM
    You have to remember I'm a BB/smartphone newbie in general.

I know the Omnia has been favorably reviewed everywhere but the learning curve with WinMo is steeper than that of Blackberry devices, even a touchscreen one. (IMHO)
    I agree. I tried the Omnia too before getting the Storm and WinMo was the dealbreaker. Nice phone with good specs, but that OS is junk. BB just works so much smoother. WinMo on a touchscreen is pieced-together and it shows.
    01-06-09 01:39 PM
    Never played with the omnis bit had a touchscreen windows mobile device and it was horrid I mean any one who comes from one of those knows that the storm is infintely more stable. I would never go back to a win month device.

01-06-09 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD