Thursday marks the day that I can declare Independence from my POS Storm 1. After being a BB user for the last 7 years, the Storm has killed it for me. EIGHT replacements in 15 months is beyond absurd. I don't have to articulate all the problems with this piece of hardware, as it has been done a million times on these boards.

Just can't wait for the Droid X. I hope the boys in Waterloo lose a huge part of their market share over the next year so RIM can wake up and once again become the innovators of the industry as they were for so long. I LOVED my BBs before the S1 and I could easily see myself coming back IF RIM puts out a consumer phone that could hold a candle to Apple or many of the Android phones. Until then, I will celebrate this Thursday as I free myself from the WORST PHONE I have ever had the unpleasant experience of owning!

Been thinking of creative ways to destroy my S1. Perhaps a video to come...
    07-10-10 09:42 AM
    User error!! The S1 was and is an extremely innovative piece of hardware that just screams technology!

BTW, I'm currently using mine as a doorstop and it has not failed me once!
    07-10-10 09:56 AM
    Thursday marks the day that I can declare Independence from my POS Storm 1. After being a BB user for the last 7 years, the Storm has killed it for me. EIGHT replacements in 15 months is beyond absurd. I don't have to articulate all the problems with this piece of hardware, as it has been done a million times on these boards.

Just can't wait for the Droid X. I hope the boys in Waterloo lose a huge part of their market share over the next year so RIM can wake up and once again become the innovators of the industry as they were for so long. I LOVED my BBs before the S1 and I could easily see myself coming back IF RIM puts out a consumer phone that could hold a candle to Apple or many of the Android phones. Until then, I will celebrate this Thursday as I free myself from the WORST PHONE I have ever had the unpleasant experience of owning!

Been thinking of creative ways to destroy my S1. Perhaps a video to come...
    You should sue man. It's against the law that they put a gun to your head and forced you to buy something, let alone make you keep it past the 30 day return policy. It's not right man .

And yo that video of you destroying your storm is genius man. You would be the first to do one of those

But let me know if you need that lawyer man. I know a good one.
    07-10-10 10:15 AM
    You should sue man. It's against the law that they put a gun to your head and forced you to buy something, let alone make you keep it past the 30 day return policy. It's not right man .

And yo that video of you destroying your storm is genius man. You would be the first to do one of those

But let me know if you need that lawyer man. I know a good one.
    I'd also be bitter if I still carried a storm.
    07-10-10 11:13 AM
    The OP received EIGHT replacements. That makes him either stupid or a liar. I don't think I would get past four replacements personally.
    07-10-10 11:24 AM
    I have had 8 replacements. What the heck would I have to gain by lying about that? If the alternative is you calling me stupid, whatever. I will still get through the day fine...
    07-10-10 11:47 AM
    FWIW I'm moving to a Droid X as well. Though my 8330 has been rock solid for two years, my space bar quit working last week, and my T is falling off. It lasted long past its expected life, but so has RIMS software.
    07-10-10 11:52 AM
    I have had a similar experience staring with an S1 and now S2 which was a replacement and has since been replaced 3 times. These devices are very capable in terms of functions. My issue is how poorly it gets you there. So, Android may (in my future as well. Already tried iPhone 2G and operate a mixed computing ecosystem.

Good luck with the transition.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-10 02:25 PM
    I have had 8 replacements. What the heck would I have to gain by lying about that? If the alternative is you calling me stupid, whatever. I will still get through the day fine...
    I don't want to be rude and I love my storm2, but that means you had 7 unbearable problems and still went back t the same phone. Using the word "stupid" may have been uncalled for but I just don't understand that.

What kept you fron switching phones before that?

07-10-10 04:36 PM
    I don't want to be rude and I love my storm2, but that means you had 7 unbearable problems and still went back t the same phone. Using the word "stupid" may have been uncalled for but I just don't understand that.

What kept you fron switching phones before that?

you don't always have the option to replace for a different device. under VZW's multifru replacement policy, there is a time window in which the replacements need to happen in. i believe it's 3 replacements in 90 days, starting with replacement 1. so if your third replacement is on day 104, you're SOL...that can happen many times before either three replacements happen close enough together, or your contract is up and you can bail.
    07-10-10 10:08 PM
    Loving my storm 1. Guess I'm crazy.

btw, I played with one of the archos 5 internet tablets the other day with android...and it was just like holding my storm in it's otterbox commuter case in landscape (only with unlimited data). If only the storm could get OS 6.0, things would be great until upgrade time...
    Last edited by Nash_Vegas; 07-10-10 at 11:26 PM.
    07-10-10 11:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD