other people have had it available for over an hour. any ideas? i keep getting the dreaded BES error when goin through the BB web site so i'm stuck waiting for the OTA. i'm getting so impatient!
    05-31-09 09:12 PM
    other people have had it available for over an hour. any ideas? i keep getting the dreaded BES error when goin through the BB web site so i'm stuck waiting for the OTA. i'm getting so impatient!
    Just download the leak. They are the same exact thing. I would recommend you run that with Lyricidals 5.0 hybrid and Shrink-A-OS to really get the most out of your upgrade.
    05-31-09 09:14 PM
    05-31-09 09:14 PM
    Just download the leak. They are the same exact thing. I would recommend you run that with Lyricidals 5.0 hybrid and Shrink-A-OS to really get the most out of your upgrade.
    if i wanted to download the leak i would have done so when it came out.
    05-31-09 09:20 PM
    OK so if you want .148 then why havent you? They are the one in the same. No differences.
    05-31-09 09:22 PM
    wow.. way to be angry and OTA didnt come out till 10:00 for MOST people
    05-31-09 09:23 PM
    Just upgrade using your DM. You have better control of the the process.
    05-31-09 09:25 PM
    I'm having the same issue.. My buddy has it available for him, but I don't... Any reason why this is happening?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 09:28 PM
    IF YOUR PHONE NUMBER DOESN'T END IN A 0, YOU MIGHT NOT GET IT TONIGHT... User DM or go to bed.
    05-31-09 09:36 PM
    wow.. way to be angry and OTA didnt come out till 10:00 for MOST people
    i'm not angry, i'm just sayin... if i had wanted the leak i would have downloaded the leak. my original question didn't make any referance to the leaked os, it was clearly in reference to the official os. and the OTA was supposed to be available at 10p EST which is 7p PST.
    05-31-09 09:38 PM
    I'm having the same issue.. My buddy has it available for him, but I don't... Any reason why this is happening?

Use your BB Desktop manager, it is a whole lot easier and faster. I am downloading to my second Storm right now. It takes about 15 minutes or so. As others have said, do a battery remove hard boot and you should be fine. I gave up waiting for Verizon. No big revelations, it just works smoother without the little glitches. I am sure a lot of people will find something to ***** about but if it is just your phone and not an obsession, the upgrade works fine.
    05-31-09 09:39 PM
    IF YOUR PHONE NUMBER DOESN'T END IN A 0, YOU MIGHT NOT GET IT TONIGHT... User DM or go to bed.
    Some of us don't have that option....sheesh!
    05-31-09 09:40 PM
    .148 from a week ago is the SAME as .148 now. What's the big deal?
    05-31-09 09:40 PM
    thanks, finally someone who actually answered the question i initially asked.
    05-31-09 09:41 PM
    I got my ota download at 730 eastern time

not true mine ends with a nine and got it hours ago. So that whole starts with 0 is BS.
    not true mine ends with a nine and got it hours ago. So that whole starts with 0 is BS.
    I agree...I think it may be geographical moving West to East based on some of the replies I have seen. SO far I have seen people in So Cal and Minnesota get the OTA, but then I saw someone in Hawaii who didn't have theirs, so who knows....the geographical thing might not be it either.

Mine ends in a 3....probably doesn't mean much.
    05-31-09 09:43 PM
    I agree...I think it may be geographical moving West to East based on some of the replies I have seen. SO far I have seen people in So Cal and Minnesota get the OTA, but then I saw someone in Hawaii who didn't have theirs, so who knows....the geographical thing might not be it either.

Mine ends in a 3....probably doesn't mean much.
    People in NY have gotten it I believe.
    05-31-09 09:46 PM
    People in NY have gotten it I believe.

I'm in NY and nothing....bah!
    05-31-09 09:48 PM
    The geographic is BS. My friend, same zip code and area code.. A block away from my house has it.... I don't.. This sux
    Desktop manager keeps giving me errors.

05-31-09 09:52 PM
    My phone number ends in 8.

I had been running .148 since it came out, but I downgraded to .75 friday just to remind myself what it was like, to be excited when the upgrade finally came out and to better appreciate the improvement, and because I felt like seeing what an OTA actually did since I have had the option for so long and it never did nothing.

I got the upgrade about 4:30 PST, got an email and everything (actually I just did a check and found the OTA available righ before I got the email)

Phone was done upgrading by about 5:30

Maybe people had issue upgrading because I was needlessly hogging up VZW's bandwidth
    05-31-09 10:30 PM
    11:33 PM for me in Jersey...and still nuttin'...
    05-31-09 10:34 PM
    Can someone tell me why everyone is so hung up on an OTA install when you can:

1. Download through DM

or

2. Download the leak wich is the exact same thing as what VZW has released today
    05-31-09 10:39 PM
    WA State, nothing.
    05-31-09 10:41 PM
    Can someone tell me why everyone is so hung up on an OTA install when you can:

1. Download through DM

or

2. Download the leak wich is the exact same thing as what VZW has released today
    because, as has been stated several times before a) some people do not have the option of upgrading through DM and b) other people would prefer to go with the official OS and not the leaked OS. yes we all know they are one and the same but the method is not.
    05-31-09 11:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD