For some reason i have the hardest time trying to load up these new os.
    Can somebody really break it down for me on how i can get this os on my phone? I mean in dummy terms.
    04-20-10 05:26 AM
    Download bbsak 1.7 and use that to load the OS. (Assuming its downloaded and installed on your computer)

I have found bbsk dummy proof( no offense)

Open it, click load OS, it takes care of executing loader.exe

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-10 06:26 AM
    .607 is only available as a hybrid. You can't install the actual OS as it isn't meant for the 9530 Storm. To install the hybrid, download 5.0.0.419 from Telus/Bell/SaskTel/MTS to your computer and install it to your computer. Then download and install the hybrid to your computer. Once that's done, just load it up using the Loader.exe method (easiest way is with the application described above).

Note though, this is still just a hybrid and not the full OS. If you don't know what a hybrid is, you need to fully educate yourself before installing it to your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-10 08:03 AM
    Ive downloaded the bbsak 1.7 already and the hybrid but when I use the bbsak it doesnt load up the hybrid for me. Am I doing something wrong?
    Im already using the .419. I also unserdtand that the .607 isnt the real deal but i would be nice to try something new.
    04-20-10 03:55 PM
    Ok, so long as you know that.

Since you're using .419 on your phone, I'm assuming you already downloaded and installed .419 to your computer, right? If so, then all you need to do once you download the hybrid is to extract it. If it's a Lyricidal or TheArchitect hybrid, you can just run the file and it should install.

You can ensure that the OS is installed on your computer by going to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared and ensure that the 5.0.0.419 folder is listed there. If it's not, then the OS isn't installed on your computer and you'll need to manually download and install the OS, then you can copy over the hybrid and then install the OS to the phone.
    04-20-10 04:25 PM
    so i take it that when the branding version says 1.0.105.607 that means that its installed?

Ok, so long as you know that.

Since you're using .419 on your phone, I'm assuming you already downloaded and installed .419 to your computer, right? If so, then all you need to do once you download the hybrid is to extract it. If it's a Lyricidal or TheArchitect hybrid, you can just run the file and it should install.

You can ensure that the OS is installed on your computer by going to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared and ensure that the 5.0.0.419 folder is listed there. If it's not, then the OS isn't installed on your computer and you'll need to manually download and install the OS, then you can copy over the hybrid and then install the OS to the phone.
    04-21-10 04:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD