i did lose my BB notepad, tasks list, password keeper and the screen lock icon.... weird..
    That's too bad rynoondew,
    What did you do to recover them?
    TIA
    04-05-10 10:56 PM
    Just to clarify - I have the leaked version of .607 installed. There is no difference between the leaked and Verizon's "official" .607 right? So if Verizon were to push PTT software to the phone I would still receive it?
    04-05-10 10:57 PM
    Still didn't get the hike in memory after the 5 battery pulls I have done. Is there something I am missing? I see a bunch of foreign folders in the core applications...could this be the problem?
    04-05-10 11:04 PM
    started with 93.3MB, down to 73MB after upgrade, updated all my apps, deleted the downgrade file, and did a battery pull, back up to 116MB! BALLA!
    Can you tell me how to delete the downgrade file...thanks!
    04-05-10 11:05 PM
    Just to clarify - I have the leaked version of .607 installed. There is no difference between the leaked and Verizon's "official" .607 right? So if Verizon were to push PTT software to the phone I would still receive it?
    that is correct
    04-05-10 11:05 PM
    that is correct
    nice - thanks.
    04-05-10 11:09 PM
    upgraded my phone via BB DM from OS .451 to .607

No problems. took 29 min.

All apps were restored and work fine after re-auth codes typed in.

all functions seem fine. BBM Groups work fine, kb and all..

seems to work great.

now 30 min later. my camera is locked on screen with no UGI. and the camera light is flashing on and off. no response to any key presses.

Doing a battery pull now.
    04-05-10 11:12 PM
    what do you guys recommend, wipe and do a clean install, or just install over everything
    04-05-10 11:14 PM
    I updated OTA no problem...waiting to see whats next.
    04-05-10 11:29 PM
    I've also been trying to get this guy to help me erase this file
    04-05-10 11:37 PM
    Anyone notice with opera mini 5 that even when the keyboard goes away you get that bar where the keyboard was in landscape? First time using opera so maybe i'm missing something.
    04-05-10 11:38 PM
    Has anyone noticed the new PW key when inputting phone numbers into applications. Go to your contact list and create a new contact, then go down to the phone number field and select it. WTF is that key? its the 4th column 3rd row down in suretype. Whenever I click it all it does is put a little P or W box in the field.
    04-05-10 11:39 PM
    I upgraded my phone (older touch screen) to .517 a couple of weeks ago and it has been working great since. The GF's was still on .320 with the new post 2/26/2010 screen. She was having intermittent problems with selecting messages, answering calls, etc so I upgraded her to .607. Only app that got lost was Goggle Maps, downloaded it again. However her screen (again it's the new hardware) was way too sensitive for a while until I did a battery pull and it settled down a bit but compared to my .507 (old hardware) it's still very sensitive, have noticed some double clicks. Will definitely need to lock the screen first if you put it in your pocked or purse.

It could be a real pain if the newer hardware was way too sensitive with the new .607 software.

Battery on .607 seems better than on my .517.

I also noticed that when you are on speaker phone with .517 you can't change to the keypad unless you go off speaker phone, with .607 you can toggle the keyboard on and off.

She didn't have Opera Mini loaded so I downloaded it to see if there are any problems but so far so good. Works the same as my Opera Mini on .517.

After playing with both phones for an hour and a half I like the feel of .607 better than .517. But I won't know if the difference is because the GF's has the newer hardware or if it's all software related untill I upgrade.

I can also confirm other posts that the alpah / numerics on the keyboard on .607 are about 5 - 10% smaller than on .517. In landscape on the .517 the !?123 are all in a row, on .607 the !? are on top of 123.

Signal strength is the same for both. I did notice that if you put them close together the signal on both drop significantly.

We don't use BBM groups so the issues there won't be a deal breaker.

Will play around a little more with .607 and check this post out tomorrow on other's pros and cons before I decide to switch from .517 to .607.

T
    04-05-10 11:39 PM
    anyone having trouble with simtek callfilter? when I enter my key code it will not respond once i hit ok or cancel. In other words, it will not let me register simtek callfilter.
    04-05-10 11:40 PM
    click your help folder on home screen-> scroll down to delete previous version of device software
    04-05-10 11:42 PM
    G Night everybody and keep the posts coming. There seem to be tons of opinions and useful information on the update.
    04-05-10 11:43 PM
    click your help folder on home screen-> scroll down to delete previous version of device software
    I have no help folder.....which is it?
    04-05-10 11:46 PM
    you shuold have a help folder on the phone's home screen.
    04-05-10 11:49 PM
    Has anyone noticed the new PW key when inputting phone numbers into applications. Go to your contact list and create a new contact, then go down to the phone number field and select it. WTF is that key? its the 4th column 3rd row down in suretype. Whenever I click it all it does is put a little P or W box in the field.
    it's for Pause and Wait. used for dialing extensions, or pin numbers you add to phone numbers.

ex - 123-555-1234 P 1111
    pause is 3 seconds and wait will wait for a button press to continue
    04-05-10 11:51 PM
    you shuold have a help folder on the phone's home screen.
    I don't have the original theme installed, plus, I might have erased the help option.....any other way of retrieving it?
    04-05-10 11:51 PM
    Right thanks! Found this:
    1. On the Home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon.
    2 Click Advanced Options.
    3. Click Wireless Update
    4. Click Previous update succeded.
    5. Press the Menu key.
    6. Click Delete Downgrade Data.
    04-05-10 11:53 PM
    I don't have the original theme installed, plus, I might have erased the help option.....any other way of retrieving it?
    options->advanced options->click wireless update->click previous update succeeded->press menu->click delete downgrade date
    04-05-10 11:54 PM
    Damn, was hoping I would be one of the few that seem to not have the bbm group kb issue... no such luck. Downgrading to .57 now. hopefully that fixes it.
    Facebook app works better than with .320 or .517 for me tho, I can actually scroll thrugh the stream update page or whatever.

Well apparently installing bbm from appworld was a bad idea, after restarting i got the white screen saying reload software 507.. hrm. battery pull and see what happens
    04-05-10 11:54 PM
    Found the answer-

1. On the Home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon.
    2 Click Advanced Options.
    3. Click Wireless Update
    4. Click Previous update succeded.
    5. Press the Menu key.
    6. Click Delete Downgrade Data.
    04-05-10 11:55 PM
    Thanks a million guys!!!!!!!!!
    04-05-10 11:55 PM
432 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD