04-21-10 11:02 AM
432 ... 161718
tools
    bricked my storm2 9550.. got an alert on my phone saying there was update available..

upgraded it through Desktop manager for Mac...

app523 error white screen RESETs over and over..

i am quite annoyed with RIM and Verizon over this one.. and am trying to figure out how much of a hassle getting back all my apps and paid apps is going to be..

this never happened on my Pearl... i may have to leave verizon/RIM over this ridiculous problem..

i never use leaks or hybrids.. as a paying customer i feel the least we should expect is that authorized updates don't brick our phones.. i don't care if it is just me or zillions of people.... i get the feeling i am not the only one who have a paper weight after .607
    04-12-10 12:23 AM
    I am a new blackberry user, and thought the update was mandatory....I want to get rid of it, can anyone tell me how to go back to the old OS and old BBM and a calendar that syncs with my mac... this was NOT a good upgrade!!!
    04-12-10 03:15 PM
    My phone works fine overall after the update but have had several problems. It erased a lot of my contacts and duplicated many others along with blending contacts. several apps now do not work properly. Also when I plug into a computer it will charge me but not register a connection at all as if the phone isn't there at all.
    04-13-10 08:05 AM
    My phone works fine overall after the update but have had several problems. It erased a lot of my contacts and duplicated many others along with blending contacts.
    This seems to be the only problem I've had so far. My Contacts were hosed. Unrelated contacts merged, and as many as five duplicates.

Oh, I have had problems getting the keyboard to show up in BBM. I've been having to press the berry button and selecting show keyboard.

Other than that, everything seems to be a little more responsive. Overall, I'm pleased with the upgrade. I had none of the problems that others have had with the OTA. I was upgraded and running in less than 45 minutes on both 9550's in my house.
    04-14-10 06:19 PM
    On my Storm 2, when I press the Bing icon, I get "can't configure Bing; reboot device and restart Bing." How do I do this?
    04-14-10 08:05 PM
    Simple...pull the battery out..wait 15-30 seconds, then put it back in...then wait again for about 4 or 5 minutes while the phone reboots. After that, hit the Bing icon again (God only knows why anyone would want to use Bing, but hey, it's a personal choice!)

On my Storm 2, when I press the Bing icon, I get "can't configure Bing; reboot device and restart Bing." How do I do this?
    04-14-10 08:18 PM
    Well I did the upgrade lsat night and all seem well!!!

When messaging I have to hit the show keyboard icon on the bottom left. I went through and did the 'options>screen/keyboard>then show key indicator always on and no change, no keyboard without having to hit the icon. I did 3 battery pulls as well.

Anything else I am mising????
    04-21-10 11:02 AM
432 ... 161718
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD