I lost my theme and can't add any new themes now. Not to mention I lost memopad. Anyone know what's going on?
    it disappeared for me too, along with docs to go, bberry maps, and app center. you have to plug it into your computer and run the update thing on desktop manager and reinstall it from there.
    04-09-10 04:20 PM
    I have Verizon and the Storm. I tried to download the new update and I can't find it anywhere. Can someone help me?
    04-09-10 06:23 PM
    The lock icon was removed. it was redundant. Press the left top key to lock/unlock the phone.
    04-09-10 06:55 PM
    i recently updated my storm2 and now i have no access to Facebook. i get an error message that says (" a connection cannot be established to the Facebook server".) is there anyone here that can help me to log into Facebook.
    04-09-10 06:56 PM
    really they get rid of the memo pad. I noticed this too. Had a bunch of important **** on that too, now its gone?

does anyone know how to get it back or at least the read the notes some how.

ps mac user.

Go to your Desktop Loader and install it. That's what I did. I have both my Memo Pad and my Password Keeper back. Two important things in my Blackberry Device. =)
    04-09-10 06:58 PM
    Been using 607 ever since I got my storm 2 and it's been great. So far battery life has been pretty good to me and the OS has been stable as a whole. Keep it up guys.
    04-09-10 10:47 PM
    Can't speak as to why you don't see yours, but my Memo Pad is still there after the upgrade.

really they get rid of the memo pad. I noticed this too. Had a bunch of important **** on that too, now its gone?

does anyone know how to get it back or at least the read the notes some how.

ps mac user.
    04-09-10 11:40 PM
    Uhm, don't look now, but this is for the Storm 2 (9550), not the Storm 1 (9530).

I have Verizon and the Storm. I tried to download the new update and I can't find it anywhere. Can someone help me?
    04-09-10 11:42 PM
    Seems a lot faster to me. Well that's two optimizing patches in one day for me. ^_^ I'm a happy panda. (Project Reality video game patch, 10 frames per second boost from that, now .607 ^_^)
    04-10-10 03:15 AM
    Bug Wise-

-My Media Player randomly stops da music. Like it just pauses it on its own. @ first its takes maybe 10 minutes after that every 3-5 minutes....HELP!

-Sometimes it lags in landscape mode. Whatever that its doing. It just slows down and I have to put it into da background sometimes and bring it back up just to get it to move again. Facebook app is da main cause....but it could be from downloading stuff while doing other things

-My Shazam no longer works. Doesn't get past the set up screen....help

Change-

-Memopad is gone on my version but re-installed it with the DM. Also my Password Keeper was removed. Again DM. So they're back.

-Options for the media have gone. You can't choose how many pics to display per row. They've changed the lay out of the options menu though.

-Keyboard layout has change in full QWERTY mode. Lettering in Sure-Type and Multi-Tap have gotten smaller

-New font options that make the font smoother...looks very nice and very appealing to the eyes

-New layout for text messaging. You can now click on "Recipients" just to see who else in the text.

Overall-

-Its way more responsive. Everything is quick and a bit more sensitive. Keyboard is better @ typing and programs run smoother.

I haven't noticed anything else and if somebody can help me with my music and Shazam; I would greatly appreciate it. I'll keep posting with more findings
    Last edited by POE215; 04-10-10 at 04:59 AM.
    04-10-10 04:56 AM
    Can't speak as to why you don't see yours, but my Memo Pad is still there after the upgrade.
    i lost, memo pad, tasks, all the stuff that came in games AND the application center. I am not very happy. the phone works way better but im missing all sorts of core apps. this really sucks
    04-10-10 11:31 AM
    I'm just puzzling over the variance in something as simple as "which core apps remained" for the updates. Why would it be, what settings were present ahead of the upgrade (or not present) that would cause something like core apps remaining for some and not for others? A mystery to me!
    04-10-10 02:01 PM
    i lost, memo pad, tasks, all the stuff that came in games AND the application center. I am not very happy. the phone works way better but im missing all sorts of core apps. this really sucks
    weird. I updated 2 phones from 320 to 607 and didn't lose anything.
    04-10-10 02:04 PM
    I wonder if I had no issues upgrading, because unlike some here, I don't mess with leaks. (just a thought)
    04-10-10 02:05 PM
    I wonder if I had no issues upgrading, because unlike some here, I don't mess with leaks. (just a thought)
    IMO, it boils down to what people do when upgrading. Look at the threads of saving 3 rd party apps etc. There are a bunch of people who skipped a step and their apps went missing. This is the first time for us, that all employee devices could be updated remotely. I was suprised that when it was finished and the device rebooted I didn 't have to do anything. Everything was right where it should be. I upgraded my neighbors for him after he couldn't get it to load. I asked him to show me how he was doing it, and he missed several steps. He was like, how'd you do that so fast?
    04-10-10 02:22 PM
    I upgraded to .607. My bluetooth worked to answer calls and make calls for 1 day. Now when my phone rings and I press the answer button on my bluetooth it iggys the call and shows up as a missed call. When trying to place a call, Voice Dial doesn't work. I can push the side button and get voice dial but not when I push the button on my bluetooth. I have even noticed while on a call to hang up, it don't even hang up.

I have called Verizon and gone in-store they have confirmed its a software issue with RIM. My bluetooth I have worked on my Storm 1, and My Storm 2 (before software update)
    04-10-10 03:42 PM
    I upgrade from .320 to .607. Never installed any leaks.
    Did the upgrade via DM.

It hosed my calendar with dupes. Experiencing low volume on BT.

Battery is better today but Monday is the real test.

Also in calenda agenda view, my task are listed in priority but in the task app they are list properly.

Good Luck
    04-10-10 05:57 PM
    Same here, everthing works, all info updated, tasks, calendar and all, and gained about 15 mb memory. Love the phone except the GPS is slow at times. But it allways was even before the update.

weird. I updated 2 phones from 320 to 607 and didn't lose anything.
    04-10-10 07:43 PM
    Does anybody know how to fix my GPS or am I doing something wrong. Sometimes it takes for ever to find my present location, using Google maps or BB maps. After I click "start GPS navigation" it is "searching for satellites" sometimes for very long time, 5 min. or so, then I get ticked off and shut it down.
    04-10-10 07:52 PM
    I see that someone claims to have gained 15Mb of memory with this upgrade. I seem to have LOST 20Mb on my Storm 2. Can't imagine how a STORM 1 will function with this update. Anyone have some suggestions to free up some storage?

Frankly, my Storm2 was running fine before this upgrade, I can't see any benefits. With some of the apps not working and the memory loss, I wish I hadn't upgraded.
    04-11-10 11:23 AM
    I see that someone claims to have gained 15Mb of memory with this upgrade. I seem to have LOST 20Mb on my Storm 2. Can't imagine how a STORM 1 will function with this update. Anyone have some suggestions to free up some storage?

Frankly, my Storm2 was running fine before this upgrade, I can't see any benefits. With some of the apps not working and the memory loss, I wish I hadn't upgraded.
    .607 is for Storm2 and not the original Storm. I'm surprised you were able to get the OS installed. In any event, this is probably why you are having memory issues.

My memory also increased with this update. I was able to get everything to speed up by doing a memory repair on the phone after install. Now everything is very quick. My only issue is with Opera Mini and it seems like the volume with BT has gotten significantly lower.
    04-11-10 01:01 PM
    As a result of the update, I am finding the S2 to be much more responsive. The very annoying lag has been significantly minimized. Several of the most troublesome bugs seem to have been fixed. The new behavior of the lock button and the addition of the "show key indicator" option in Options > Screen/Keyboard are welcome additions.

The BB browser, however, continues to load slowly and really is not up to the current standards for comparable browsers.

The process of applying the update was painful and slow, taking nearly 4 hours. The wireless update started and failed twice during the download phase. After a battery pull, I resorted to applying the update via the Desktop Manager (ensuring that the DM was completely up to date before starting). The update itself went smoothly and took about 25 minutes to complete. At this point the real fun began.

Immediately the S2 started to produce the following error message: Uncaught Exception: java.lang.nullpo interexception

Needless to say this error message means absolutely nothing to an end user. The S2 continues a BB tradition of terrible error-handling. This really is something that BB should address. I am an above-average BB user and generally have a good sense of how to work out of most problems. An average or novice user would be totally lost at this point. Numerous battery pulls and device resets did not solve the problem.

My next thought was do delete and reinstall, one at a time, all of the third party applications. That took about two hours and, much to my chagrin, did not resolve the persistent error message.

The next idea was to clear all calendar entries and resync with Outlook via the Desktop Manager. After yet another battery pull and reset, the error message was resolved. Clearly the OS update process corrupted one or more calendar entries. The only reason I even thought about this as a possible solution was because I experienced the same problem years ago with another BB device.

Unfortunately, as of now, things are not yet as they should be. The Desktop Manager still prompts me to update the BB Core Applications. This error message makes no sense at all as the S2 is currently running OS 5.0.0.607 with no issues that I can see.
    04-11-10 04:50 PM
    As a result of the update, I am finding the S2 to be much more responsive. The very annoying lag has been significantly minimized. Several of the most troublesome bugs seem to have been fixed. The new behavior of the lock button and the addition of the "show key indicator" option in Options > Screen/Keyboard are welcome additions.

The BB browser, however, continues to load slowly and really is not up to the current standards for comparable browsers.

The process of applying the update was painful and slow, taking nearly 4 hours. The wireless update started and failed twice during the download phase. After a battery pull, I resorted to applying the update via the Desktop Manager (ensuring that the DM was completely up to date before starting). The update itself went smoothly and took about 25 minutes to complete. At this point the real fun began.
    Immediately the S2 started to produce the following error message: Uncaught Exception: java.lang.nullpo interexception

Needless to say this error message means absolutely nothing to an end user. The S2 continues a BB tradition of terrible error-handling. This really is something that BB should address. I am an above-average BB user and generally have a good sense of how to work out of most problems. An average or novice user would be totally lost at this point. Numerous battery pulls and device resets did not solve the problem.

My next thought was do delete and reinstall, one at a time, all of the third party applications. That took about two hours and, much to my chagrin, did not resolve the persistent error message.

The next idea was to clear all calendar entries and resync with Outlook via the Desktop Manager. After yet another battery pull and reset, the error message was resolved. Clearly the OS update process corrupted one or more calendar entries. The only reason I even thought about this as a possible solution was because I experienced the same problem years ago with another BB device.

Unfortunately, as of now, things are not yet as they should be. The Desktop Manager still prompts me to update the BB Core Applications. This error message makes no sense at all as the S2 is currently running OS 5.0.0.607 with no issues that I can see.
    it tells you to look at the event log....then you have a better idea of what could be causing it
    04-11-10 05:05 PM
    Some improvements! I noticed that SurePress is WAY IMPROVED! Response time and accuracy is a lot better. It seems that application center was removed and some applications were not carried over... like the memo application. It is overall worth it to have because it is pretty much a big step up from the leaked and official OS versions with SurePress, but you might have to look up some old apps and re download if your a big VZ fan, like VZW tones, Visual Voice Mail, and etc. Browser is a little different, too! Not much different.
    04-11-10 06:01 PM
    I went to bring up the keyboard on the home screen to do an event log clear and the keyboard op is no longer there. I tried setting the convenience key to keyboard but had no success in accessing the event log. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    LaRyan
    I was wondering the same thing about how I am supposed to clear the Event Log now. I tried the same thing as you did and it didn't work. Does anyone know of a new way or any way to get to the Event Log now???????
    04-11-10 10:34 PM
432 ... 15161718
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD