I made the changes and my clients still said I was broken up. The volume was also still much lower. This is my main business phone so I'm forced to stay with .320. (I'm using a plantronics voyager)

Thanks anyway
    Can't say that I blame ya...I my primary client complained (my wife) I would have rolled back to .320 also.
    04-08-10 11:27 AM
    Sorry Newbee ?'s here.

I installed .607 OTA and it went smooth only questions are:

Why my calendar is way slow to respond even after several battery pulls?

Also if I delete the previous .320 from the phone to gain memory Can I still downgrade if necessary in the future via Desktop Messenger?

Thanks for everyone's input it helps tremendously.
    You can still downgrade in DM....
    04-08-10 11:29 AM
    So, my Memory is down to a mere 84 and it was 100+ before hand... why?

I tried deleting the downgrade file, but I dont have that option in the menu even tho I was OTA and yet my memory is still down a lot.
    Yes you do...you didn't go far enuff.. I fell into the same trap.
    Click on upgrade sucessful, the the BB button, remove downgrade files.

Mike
    04-08-10 11:31 AM
    After update my apps in the store are gone, but i have them all? weird

And idk if anyone mentioned something missing, which i now hate.Under the call log, the bar at the bottom where you can open scroll, and most importantly Delete!! ITs Gone...

Other wise i like it, fast smoother than 320!
    04-08-10 11:57 AM
    im downgrading my software back to what i had orignally. i dont see any benefits and not all my 3rd party apps function correctly.
    04-08-10 12:14 PM
    Winnar!!!! up to 118 now! woot!

and thanks to a post in here I also got the battery drain to stop

thanks!
    Yes you do...you didn't go far enuff.. I fell into the same trap.
    Click on upgrade sucessful, the the BB button, remove downgrade files.

Mike
    04-08-10 01:06 PM
    I did the OTA from Verizon. The upgrade went smooth and fast. First thing I noticed was my themes were missing. After reinstalling the themes and several battery pulls, phone still didn't recognize them, even though they appear in the applications menu. They never show in the themes menu.

Also noticed a huge battery drain and dropping calls.

Went and downgraded back to the previous version and themes all work, battery is normal, and I'm not dropping calls.

If someone knows a trick or two that can help me install .607 without losing themes and so forth, please let me know.
    04-08-10 01:33 PM
    I guess everyone's experience is different. I have had my Storm2 since Feb and just upgraded OTA 2 days ago. Its faster, the screen push seems more responsive and I no longer have problems with the bottom buttons. The battery life seems improved as well. I have had zero problems with this release, all my apps work fine. This device does everything I need it to do. So far so good.
    04-08-10 02:04 PM
    does anyone know if there is a way to get lock button back on the home screen??
    04-08-10 03:13 PM
    does anyone know if there is a way to get lock button back on the home screen??
    Go to options and enable device password

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-10 03:19 PM
    I updated from the 320 and I am having issues as well.
    My BBM does not vibrate at all, or make any sounds when I get a new message. And my all my contacts in my address book are duplicates and mixed up. For instance, my sisters phone number which is under her name..when she calls me, her company name comes up instead of her name. HELP!!!
    This is really annoying
    04-08-10 06:49 PM
    So, my Memory is down to a mere 84 and it was 100+ before hand... why?

I tried deleting the downgrade file, but I dont have that option in the menu even tho I was OTA and yet my memory is still down a lot.
    Did u wipe before u installed? I've noticed that most of the people having issues did the OTA upgrade. I did a security wipe, then wiped with BBSAK, then installed 607 via apploader... No major issues for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-10 07:03 PM
    I updated from the 320 and I am having issues as well.
    My BBM does not vibrate at all, or make any sounds when I get a new message. And my all my contacts in my address book are duplicates and mixed up. For instance, my sisters phone number which is under her name..when she calls me, her company name comes up instead of her name. HELP!!!
    This is really annoying
    Just did this myself, the sound setting has changed.. go to message folder, menu...message alert...IM...BBM new message.. and change it back
    04-08-10 09:45 PM
    I download and installed the new OS but my Memo pad is gone! Any idea where it went and how I can at the very least retrieve the files that I had saved?
    04-08-10 11:26 PM
    trying to get the lock icon back on home screen, not the password lock button, the regular lock button. does anyone know if that is possible?
    04-09-10 05:19 AM
    I download and installed the new OS but my Memo pad is gone! Any idea where it went and how I can at the very least retrieve the files that I had saved?
    really they get rid of the memo pad. I noticed this too. Had a bunch of important **** on that too, now its gone?

does anyone know how to get it back or at least the read the notes some how.

ps mac user.
    04-09-10 07:30 AM
    I got my replacement, did the upgrade to new os and so far so good. Phone seems smoother and more responsive.

Only thing is i set my alarm and it didn't wake me this morning.

I think the phone is changing the alarm tone randomly, when i went into clock options selected the alarm tone and "try it" it worked. But when i actually turn on alarm and wait for it to go off, it plays another alarm tone.

This happened like twice. Did a battery pull, i'll see if it happens again.

Even tho i did a battery pull already after the update.

Has this happened to anybody?
    04-09-10 07:37 AM
    really they get rid of the memo pad. I noticed this too. Had a bunch of important **** on that too, now its gone?

ps mac user.
    I still have my memo pad. Maybe yours is just hidden?
    04-09-10 10:10 AM
    I have found that generally my berry preforms better with .607. The only issues I have seen was Google Maps not working and that my phone won't lock when entering my holster. I checked the lock settings and they are correct, but I still have to lock manually via the power button. Google maps was an easy fix however. Uninstall your older version of Google Maps, and install version 4.0.1 that was recently released, and it should work fine after a restart and verifying the permissions.
    04-09-10 11:44 AM
    I'm new to a BB and I clicked on the upgrade. Now I can't find my lock icon. It was on my homepage originally and now it's not even in any folders. Any suggestions where I can find it now?

Thanx,
    Joy

Thank you pen311 that was helpful. I didn't realize this until after I posted this but I lost more than half my contacts after the upgrade was done and never got a chance to have any of it backed up. I took the battery out and put it back in and my contact list got worse. The names left on the list doubled/tripled but when I looked at the numbers themselves they were different under each name.
    Last edited by joy5692; 04-10-10 at 02:12 AM. Reason: 1st question was answered but ran into more probs
    04-09-10 01:14 PM
    My Storm2 is bfn, I only had it a week and downloaded the update today, no worries here it seems to have gone well, took about an hour no snags so far. It is a great device to be sure.
    04-09-10 02:04 PM
    I recently downloaded .607, since then my BBM (5.0.57) has been weird, with the keyboard not appearing when I prompt it and Google Maps (4.0.1) is freezing up. Anyone else had these problems? The google maps started after I downloaded the Twitter app today...
    04-09-10 02:48 PM
    I lost my theme and can't add any new themes now. Not to mention I lost memopad. Anyone know what's going on?
    04-09-10 03:44 PM

ps mac user.
    Memo app on mine is still there.

Good Luck
    04-09-10 04:14 PM
    I got my replacement, did the upgrade to new os and so far so good. Phone seems smoother and more responsive.

Only thing is i set my alarm and it didn't wake me this morning.

I think the phone is changing the alarm tone randomly, when i went into clock options selected the alarm tone and "try it" it worked. But when i actually turn on alarm and wait for it to go off, it plays another alarm tone.

This happened like twice. Did a battery pull, i'll see if it happens again.

Even tho i did a battery pull already after the update.

Has this happened to anybody?
    Ironically, I swear this has happend to me several time before the OS upgrade but could never confirm it. (too sleepy)

Good Luck
    04-09-10 04:16 PM
432 ... 1415161718
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD